BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-06-2015, 01:14 PM   #23
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

Thanks god that's over..

Just kidding so pleased for you. And what a great post - genuinely enjoyed reading.. Even more pleased the dealer didn't ruin the day for you and actually did what they should do and make it special.

Glad you got the wheels you ordered..
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2015, 04:47 PM   #24
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Looks great mate.
Enjoy!
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2015, 05:37 PM   #25
Ultbruin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 M5

Congrats Andy! I know it's been a long wait.
      05-07-2015, 04:42 PM   #26
ianfp
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40D M Sport

Andy, many congrats on your superb looking new car and interesting write-up!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 01:48 AM   #27
WorksopOWLS
Rep
Drives: BMw X1 / X3 on order

That's this forum over now. What the hell are we going to talk about now Andy has his car
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 06:58 AM   #28
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorksopOWLS
That's this forum over now. What the hell are we going to talk about now Andy has his car
Nah !

Bores don't go away

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2015, 01:57 PM   #29
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i Touring MSport

Andy's car, well it appears to be in one piece , not missing any parts !! It's a real beauty, but that's not so strange, since it looks just like mine. I also like the interior very much. Good choice.
I wish you many happy miles in it.

Last edited by Portimao318; 05-11-2015 at 09:06 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2015, 05:42 AM   #30
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

nice colour both inside and out. looks really good.

Good to see the Dealer did their stuff, it makes a lot of difference - and you only really notice when its not there. We cant fault ours (OCEAN) they have been great.

Previously for our other non BMW new cars we were just given the keys and a wave...very flat.
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2015, 01:28 PM   #31
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
So it's now a week and the car has 900 miles on it, most done by my wife as the arrival coincided with her sister coming from NYC and her mother from Ireland so it has been an airport taxi !

Initial thoughts ...

Very nice and very grown up. Feels very well built and hewn from granite, make the X1 feel very cheap and low rent beside it. Not really fair I know as they are from different generations and things move on so quickly. The X1 was an improvement on the E90 that preceded it.

Feels more on a par with the 5 series than the 3 series in terms of presence and solidity of build, based on the drives of both F30 and F10 that I have had.

The auto gearbox is very very good .. So glad I specced it. It's very intuitive yet not intrusive at all.

The ability to knock it left to give a sportier shift profile is very handy without going into the sport setting.

I like the way that it automatically drops into park when you turn the car off, and if you have the auto hold selected it will put on the parking brake too!

The auto hold works really well too and saves dazzling people behind with your brake lights when waiting at traffic lights .. It disengages seemlesly too

The ride quality is very good, firm but with enough travel and suppleness to smooth over poor road surfaces that my Msport X1 would have crashed into .. So a definite improvement. It also does not have any of the jigglyness of the Msport X3 that I drove on 19's which was pretty uncomfortable at times.

On a brief brisk drive through the dales I did feel that the Msport would have lees roll and be tighter .. But the standard car is no boat though .. Perfectly acceptable and grips very well with communicative steering.

On steering ... Well I may have to start going to the gym as I won't be getting the workout from the heavy X1

The driving position is superb and far more "command" than the X1 with great all round visibility. In fact it seems higher than the new discovery sport that I passed on the motorway.

Pronav .. Is so much better than the previous generation in the X1 and the voice command is excellent. Multiple features have been improved and it is very intuitive ( for someone used to Bmw)

Viz pack ... Not really driven it at night yet so will have to delay judgement on the dancing lights

Sport seats .. Fantastic and fit my fat ass perfectly.

Folding dimming mirrors .. Again not really driven at night but I do like that if I hold the lock button down on the key they will fold in

Privacy glass .. Not very dark is it ? Far far lighter tint than on my X1 or the F30 but still worth having .. Is it darker on the Msport?

Copper trim .. Very nice matches the console very well and looks far better than the brochure description would have you think .. Glad I didn't pay extra for wood.

BMW apps .. Had a play with it .. Don't see it becoming a major feature for me though bit of a gimmick ?

Dab is very good and doesn't seem to drop out and gives good sound repro .. I had DAB in the X1 and it flattened the sound and was prone to dropping out .. I tended not to use it and stick with FM. Love the info it provides

Speakers .. Mine are the standard ones and I find them perfectly good for me

Love the ambient lighting .. Really picks out the interior

Drivng modes .. Comfort gives a good balance .. Sport makes the whole car feel tighter and much more eager .. Ecopro .. Kills it and I'm not sure it really gives you much more than comfort in economy gains .. Time will tell. I suppose I can see its merit on an motorway cruise .. You can knock the Gears left and it will give you the sport map on the gearbox if you need to overtake, without taking you out of eco pro. It also turns the Ass back on if you have disabled it

The ass is actually not bad .. Better than a lot that I have driven and almost seamless .. Still hate it though !

Refinement in general is very good and in a cruise the engine is near silent and in other situations far smoother than the 184bhp engine.

Economy .. It seems to be getting better .. Overal it's sitting at 37mpg but I got 45 mpg out of it on my commute today .. So I'm hoping it will continue to improve as it loosens up

I have an issue with the leather on the drivers seat adjustable front where it is coming away from the moveable part .. I have it booked in to be reattached

Other than that it is perfect .. So far

Colour .. It's stunning really changes with the light ... Had loads of positive comments both on the outside and also the interior too

Overall very happy bunny ... And Bmw just sent me a £300 voucher to spend @ Bmw to spend on any service/parts or accessories, to say sorry for the delay .. How good is that

Oh yeah ... And my wife LOVES it

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 02:29 PM   #32
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yes, the melbourne red is incredible beautiful.......but I have experienced now that it is NOT easy to keep clean ...... don't go to a carwash, wash it by hand.

You know what they say... happy wife , happy life
      05-12-2015, 02:34 PM   #33
njc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31 520d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o
So it's now a week and the car has 900 miles on it, most done by my wife as the arrival coincided with her sister coming from NYC and her mother from Ireland so it has been an airport taxi !

Initial thoughts ...

Very nice and very grown up. Feels very well built and hewn from granite, make the X1 feel very cheap and low rent beside it. Not really fair I know as they are from different generations and things move on so quickly. The X1 was an improvement on the E90 that preceded it.

Feels more on a par with the 5 series than the 3 series in terms of presence and solidity of build, based on the drives of both F30 and F10 that I have had.

The auto gearbox is very very good .. So glad I specced it. It's very intuitive yet not intrusive at all.

The ability to knock it left to give a sportier shift profile is very handy without going into the sport setting.

I like the way that it automatically drops into park when you turn the car off, and if you have the auto hold selected it will put on the parking brake too!

The auto hold works really well too and saves dazzling people behind with your brake lights when waiting at traffic lights .. It disengages seemlesly too

The ride quality is very good, firm but with enough travel and suppleness to smooth over poor road surfaces that my Msport X1 would have crashed into .. So a definite improvement. It also does not have any of the jigglyness of the Msport X3 that I drove on 19's which was pretty uncomfortable at times.

On a brief brisk drive through the dales I did feel that the Msport would have lees roll and be tighter .. But the standard car is no boat though .. Perfectly acceptable and grips very well with communicative steering.

On steering ... Well I may have to start going to the gym as I won't be getting the workout from the heavy X1

The driving position is superb and far more "command" than the X1 with great all round visibility. In fact it seems higher than the new discovery sport that I passed on the motorway.

Pronav .. Is so much better than the previous generation in the X1 and the voice command is excellent. Multiple features have been improved and it is very intuitive ( for someone used to Bmw)

Viz pack ... Not really driven it at night yet so will have to delay judgement on the dancing lights

Folding dimming mirrors .. Again not really driven at night but I do like that if I hold the lock button down on the key they will fold in

Privacy glass .. Not very dark is it ? Far far lighter tint than on my X1 or the F30 but still worth having .. Is it darker on the Msport?

Copper trim .. Very nice matches the console very well and looks far better than the brochure description would have you think .. Glad I didn't pay extra for wood.

BMW apps .. Had a play with it .. Don't see it becoming a major feature for me though bit of a gimmick ?

Dab is very good and doesn't seem to drop out and gives good sound repro .. I had DAB in the X1 and it flattened the sound and was prone to dropping out .. I tended not to use it and stick with FM. Love the info it provides

Drivng modes .. Comfort gives a good balance .. Sport makes the whole car feel tighter and much more eager .. Ecopro .. Kills it and I'm not sure it really gives you much more than comfort in economy gains .. Time will tell. I suppose I can see its merit on an motorway cruise .. You can knock the Gears left and it will give you the sport map on the gearbox if you need to overtake, without taking you out of eco pro. It also turns the Ass back on if you have disabled it

The ass is actually not bad .. Better than a lot that I have driven and almost seamless .. Still hate it though !

Refinement in general is very good and in a cruise the engine is near silent and in other situations far smoother than the 184bhp engine.

Economy .. It seems to be getting better .. Overal it's sitting at 37mpg but I got 45 mpg out of it on my commute today .. So I'm hoping it will continue to improve as it loosens up

I have an issue with the leather on the drivers seat adjustable front where it is coming away from the moveable part .. I have it booked in to be reattached

Colour .. It's stunning really changes with the light ... Had loads of positive comments both on the outside and also the interior too

Overall very happy bunny ... And Bmw just sent me a 300 voucher to spend @ Bmw to spend on any service/parts or accessories, to say sorry for the delay .. How good is that

Auto hold also illuminates your brake lights.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 02:37 PM   #34
bleedsoff
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc View Post
Is there a way to get auto hold to stay on permantely and not have to selected every time I start the car?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 02:01 AM   #35
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by njc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o

Initial thoughts ...

Overall very happy bunny ... And Bmw just sent me a 300 voucher to spend @ Bmw to spend on any service/parts or accessories, to say sorry for the delay .. How good is that

You are right !

Drove the car at night for the first time last night

Seems odd that it does that as you are putting the handbrake on which negates the need to press the brake

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 02:43 AM   #36
PX3
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 / F32

"Privacy glass .. Not very dark is it ? Far far lighter tint than on my X1 or the F30 but still worth having .. Is it darker on the Msport?"

No, on the pre LCI MSport the tinted windows are still fairly light. I expected them to be darker, especially after driving Ford cars that do have a darker tint.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 03:32 PM   #37
Flipflop99
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 LCI 2.0d SE Auto

Top report Andy and great pictures too.
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2015, 01:09 PM   #38
Terr
Rep
Drives: A3

Beautiful colour!
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2015, 04:59 AM   #39
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Just got to 2k miles and the economy is getting better

Having a rattle in the drivers door fixed today and the leather on the adjustable seat base reattached as it was coming off

Courtesy car rattling my fillings .. But great fun
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 05:03 AM   #40
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Mini Cooper Sd
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 05:06 AM   #41
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Cooper Sd
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 06:22 AM   #42
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Rep

nice car, is that yours too Andy, that Mini ?
      05-26-2015, 06:26 AM   #43
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endre2
nice car, is that yours too Andy, that Mini ?
No the garage have lent it to me for the day whilst they fix mine

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 01:48 PM   #44
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0d M Sport

Mines on 2,400 now averaging about 35mpg so far. Did manage 40.5mpg last weekend on a 580 mile round trip from the North east to Wembley and back.

I can't get that app to work it just does nothing on my car.
Appreciate 0