BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #23
BXM3W
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 RX

Hi All, first time poster. This forum has been a great find and a wealth of information ever since I came upon it about a month ago. It's been my must read site nearly every night and I have been enlightened on so many things X3 especially 6NR, PCD, and N20. I have also enjoyed viewing pics of everyones new X3 and the various color schemes. When I'm ready to buy I've decided on the MS and Mojave seats. Congrats to all that have received or soon will receive their new vehicle and thanks to all for your informative posts!

Anyway, regarding the OP, I've been waffling on what/when to order and now that I've decided on an X3 I find myself leaning towards waiting on the N20 becoming available. For me, mpg's is a factor more so than cost of fuel. "It is what it is" when it comes to gas prices. The N20 sounds like it will easily match or beat the Q5 2.0T in the mpg dept based on what I've read on this forum. I plan to keep this car for a while and dynamic efficiency that is reliable is what I'm in the market for.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #24
flash3
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
The new turbo 4 with 245 hp and 258 torque. It's going to be the base engine for anything under a 7 series in the US within 2-3 years. Problem is it looks like they are only changing a couple cars a year. 2012 models might just be the X1 and Z4. Although that will piss all X3 28i owners off in the US since currently it gets the same MPG as the 35i. The new engine is supposed to get 30 mpg combined in the X1 (US figures), so probably 27-28 in the X3. This engine option would make me think twice before getting a 35i as performance is supposed to be excellent as well. You can read about it on bimmerpost past articles.
any confirmation (yet) of when 2012 models will be out and if it will be much different than 2011?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 07:43 PM   #25
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3 View Post
any confirmation (yet) of when 2012 models will be out and if it will be much different than 2011?
It's all speculative so far.
Appreciate 0