BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-22-2011, 11:14 PM   #45
billb12
Rep
Drives: bmw

x3 brake clunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Daddy-O View Post
Oh and just to complete a hat trick of posts I do still have the brake clunk but far less frequent.

It is definitely that the pad doesn't sit tight in the caliper but I was told BMW are looking into it.
i have similar problem on my brakes - first time i brake it clunk or when i reverse. i went to the dealer and they inspected the brake and replaced the pads for free buti still have the clunk. i went back and they opened the brakes to verify and everything was ok- they said the pads are moving in the calipers and that this movement is normal because the x3 have brake cornering control. i will keep an eye on this. brakes are ok otherwise
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 07:17 PM   #46
Steven40
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0d F25

@ DJ Daddy-O

After a long time I'm back and ... I still have "the clunk" of the brakes in reverse.

And a lot of other flaws :
- steering house that rattles (already changed but still the same) : BMW is making another one.
- I will change runflats to non-runflat
- turbo that do "tststststststs" (2.0d) when you release the accelerator (already changed the turbo but still the same)
- light bulb of the reverse that snaps (2 times)
- when it rains a lot there's a little bit of water on the driver seat, I think it comes from between the door rubber.
- a creak coming from the centre speaker too
Maybe I forgot something ...
Appreciate 0