BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-10-2015, 08:20 AM   #1
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

Water dripping onto boot cover ....

Whenever we open the boot after it has rained some water inevitably drips onto the boot cover.
However we then developed an issue of water in the boot, both on the cover and in the rubber boot mat that we have.
Not a lot but need a wipe up ever time you opened the boot after it rained.
Finally when driving in the rain water was spotted dripping from the trim around the boot window... Trip to dealer and they found it was the brake light leaking and was probably from new.

So yes the boot cover does get a few drips when you open the boot but dont assume that is always the cause.....
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 10:57 AM   #2
Rich4
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 30d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by plymjack View Post
So yes the boot cover does get a few drips when you open the boot but dont assume that is always the cause.....
Thought I was the only one getting drips when the boot was opened. Another bugbear is the inherent design fault of outside mirror housing which always collects rain water, folded in or not.
Mind you, I guess it’s welcomed by the spiders living in the mirror housing who can come down for a drink. Hope the new design in the LCI I am picking up on Tuesday is an improvement – also from wind noise perspective.