BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
Agent Orange
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 DSB/Black

Bad pixel on i-Drive Display

It looks like there is a bad pixel on my i-Drive display. When starting the car (and you see BMW against a black background as the i-Drive is booting up), you see a green pixel on the black background...and it flickers in and out).

Annoying since the car is 1 month old...but things happen.

Would you let this go or have it replaced? I wonder what a production it would be to replace the display....take out the entire dash? I don't want to end up with a "rattle rattle rattle" dash because of a single pixel.

Any thoughts?
      01-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
RichardBR
Second Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 30D Msport DSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
It looks like there is a bad pixel on my i-Drive display. When starting the car (and you see BMW against a black background as the i-Drive is booting up), you see a green pixel on the black background...and it flickers in and out).

Annoying since the car is 1 month old...but things happen.

Would you let this go or have it replaced? I wonder what a production it would be to replace the display....take out the entire dash? I don't want to end up with a "rattle rattle rattle" dash because of a single pixel.

Any thoughts?
If it' far out on the edge, I wouldn't bother. Another thing is if it is a warranty issue as producers of normal LCD computer monitors accept a percentage of bad pixels as warranty. Only one disqualifies. But it depends where the bad pixel resides. If it's in the middle of the display it's closer to warranty.
Appreciate 0