BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #23
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge2112 View Post
I can honestly say I've never noticed what the lights look like while I'm driving.
Must've upset James Bond when he drove his Aston Martin at that mirror in Goldfinger though.
LED brake light is not just for looks, its a safety feature as well. LED lights up 0.2 seconds faster than an incandescent bulb. 0.2 seconds might sound insignificant, but at 75 mph, this translates to 21 feet extra braking distance for the cars behind you. This can literally make the difference between life and death.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #24
Edge2112
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
LED brake light is not just for looks, its a safety feature as well. LED lights up 0.2 seconds faster than an incandescent bulb. 0.2 seconds might sound insignificant, but at 75 mph, this translates to 21 feet extra braking distance for the cars behind you. This can literally make the difference between life and death.
I think we were talking about the headlights actually but never mind.

More to the point is the lack of rear fog light, but that's another thread.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #25
woodchuck1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 X-drive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
i think bmw should make it a standard feature on all cars to come equipt with xenons
And leather.....
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #26
scotta2
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY2013 F25 X3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge2112 View Post
I think we were talking about the headlights actually but never mind.

More to the point is the lack of rear fog light, but that's another thread.
I think you will find the OP refers to tail lights.
      10-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #27
jjax3
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck1 View Post
And leather.....
I was shocked when the salesman told me that 60% of the cars he sold were not leather.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #28
MrFargo13
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 35i M-Sport/2011 328i

I've never even seen one at my dealership that didn't have leather.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 02:09 AM   #29
LesAshmore
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2012 X3 F25

I have the European version with xenon and I have angel eyes, It is switchable in settings to DRL which are the Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 08:24 AM   #30
LeeAC
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by motosan View Post
Thanks for the reply... I have the non xenon package, by mistake actually.

The purchase happened pretty sudden when we found out it was going to cost $6-8k for maintaining our old 325 in the next 12 months (trade in value at $9500 at the time). It made sense to trade in to the same dealership who said they would waive the 90k miles service fee of $800 that's already performed on the car.

It was a hot day and I had a late night working... Talked to the dealer and finally found the right interior color combination. Dealer said it was fully loaded except comfort access (actually he said none of the cars in his lot had comfort access). Well got the car happy and few days later when I was about to drive it at night I realized it was no xenon...!!!!! Darn it!!!! I would never save money on HID!!! Later on I found out comfort access actually goes to the same package as Xenon, called convenient package priced at only $1200....

Anyway now I feel even more resentful at myself when the tail light is even uglier and less functional (safety concern) just because I bought the car too fast without all the fact checking....!!!

At the dealership that day, Wife said she didn't care about comfort access and few weeks later she was like, how come I can't open the door like you do to your M3. I was like, you said you didn't want comfort access... She was like, I didn't even know what it was....

Anyway, lesson learned and will do triple fact checking the next time. I did save $1200 for something less desirable.... But based on how BMW is packaging all the options, and with its subpar service experience I have had with the M3, I would say my heart with go with MBenz or Audi next time....

Bummer! If it makes you feel better, almost none of the X3s on the lot in Virginia had Xenon. I had to special order the vehicle...Dealers in this area were surprised when I requested Xenon (I visited Jeep, Mercedes and BMW). Mercedes told me they don't even order GLKs with the lighting package even though they "offer" it.

I really love the look of the "eyelid" xenon lights that stay on even during the day.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #31
cheesebag
Debadged and Alpine Weiss!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 Msport

Love the look of mine with the Xenons and LED rear bars. It Does really make a difference
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 10:41 AM   #32
RhoXS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 Z3 3.0i + 2016 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by motosan View Post
At the dealership that day, Wife said she didn't care about comfort access and few weeks later she was like, how come I can't open the door like you do to your M3. I was like, you said you didn't want comfort access... She was like, I didn't even know what it was....
Is it possible we are married to the same woman?

After 25 years I still have not successfully managed to find a way to prevent these types of scenarios. I think it results from behavior hard wired into their genes, even in otherwise very bright women, and nothing will change it.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 11:54 AM   #33
LeeAC
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoXS View Post
Is it possible we are married to the same woman?

After 25 years I still have not successfully managed to find a way to prevent these types of scenarios. I think it results from behavior hard wired into their genes, even in otherwise very bright women, and nothing will change it.
Lol as a female, I can say that is not true. My husband couldn't care less about xenon, comfort access, laser beams, rocket launchers, etc....
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 04:24 PM   #34
MetaX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAC View Post
Lol as a female, I can say that is not true. My husband couldn't care less about xenon, comfort access, laser beams, rocket launchers, etc....
Every man cares about laser beams and rocket launchers. And bacon.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 08:45 AM   #35
LeeAC
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaX View Post
Every man cares about laser beams and rocket launchers. And bacon.
bacon
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 05:00 PM   #36
wolfpak87
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3

i have the same problem with my x3 but it is only the right side, i changed the bulb but it still does not light up. is there a fuse for each side?
Appreciate 0