BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
Theodoros
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw x3 f25

Switzerland delivery times

Hallo,
I have ordered a 2.0D back in end of December 2011 and the dealer in Geneva initially told me end of April then mid-May and now he claims that the day is fixed for early June. This is 6 full months!
I wonder how much time did the other owners in Switzerland wait..because in the meantime that's the only thing i can do
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 xDrive 20d M Sport

You will not be alone. It's definitely more of a Europe-wide issue than a Swiss issue. Hope your wait is not too much longer!
      05-22-2012, 06:26 AM   #3
Chris55
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35d M Sport

Well Theodoros, I ordered mine on 8 March and was given an expected delivery time of second week of August, which was later changed to the last week of July.

I do believe that we, in Switzerland, are the last priority for BMW - it sure seems that way in any case.

The people in the UK and US are able to track their vehicles but it seems that this is not available for Switzerland. If you know of a way please post it here!!!

Sorry it's taking so long for your X3 to arrive but when it does post some pictures.

BTW, have you noticed that there are not so many X3s in Switzerland yet?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
Theodoros
Enlisted Member
Rep

probably there is no way to track or i don't know. for what it's worth i asked the dealer and he said no, otherwise it would have been much simpler than annoying him constantly, especially the last few weeks.
A logical explanation could be that they wait until a track is filled with the cars ordered from Switzerland before they transport them over + the small quota Switzerland. i cannot find any other explanation especially since my car was supposed to be built in March (!). i hope at least with all these delays it is a 2013 model but probably not
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris55 View Post
The people in the UK and US are able to track their vehicles but it seems that this is not available for Switzerland. If you know of a way please post it here!!!
No tracking here in the UK
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
bigblackwolf
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 xDrive28i

Quote:
I do believe that we, in Switzerland, are the last priority for BMW - it sure seems that way in any case.
With all those complaints about BMW in Switzerland, why dont you buy in EU and import in Switzerland? I checked the BMW website in switzerland and Germany , and the price before VAT is around 35% higher in switzerland (20i, 28i, 20d and 30d with 8speed automatic).
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Y'all have had X1s for at least 2 years. Can't even buy them here regardless of how long one might be willing to wait. Every place has its challenges.
      05-23-2012, 01:35 AM   #8
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblackwolf
Quote:
With all those complaints about BMW in Switzerland, why dont you buy in EU and import in Switzerland? I checked the BMW website in switzerland and Germany , and the price before VAT is around 35% higher in switzerland (20i, 28i, 20d and 30d with 8speed automatic).
Quite right ...

We just bought a Mini from BMW's export group and had it sent to France, much cheaper.

If you want I can ask if they can do it for Switzerland.
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 01:37 AM   #9
Chris55
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

I agree as long as you are paying cash or buying a cheep one. If you want a lease or loan to buy it, you can forget about it. Anyway I personally get it a lot cheaper because of where my wife works

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblackwolf View Post
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 01:48 AM   #10
Chris55
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
I agree as long as you are paying cash or buying a cheep one. If you want a lease or loan to buy it, you can forget about it. Anyway I personally get it a lot cheaper because of where my wife works
In addition there is a new CO2 tax in effect on all cars purchased on 1 July or after and that same tax will be recalculated for all cars considered "direct import" (purchased by particulars across the border and brought in. Of course this tax has nothing to do with CO2 but has more to do with stopping people from buying in Germany, France etc.

Items in Switzerland are, marked up anywhere from 30% to 200% higher as reported in the K-Tip magazine. On weekends there is an exodus of Swiss crossing the border to buy everything from toilet paper to furniture, and the shop parking lots have nothing but Swiss registered cars in them. I know, I live about 8 Km from the border.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 01:53 AM   #11
Chris55
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
Quite right ...

We just bought a Mini from BMW's export group and had it sent to France, much cheaper.

If you want I can ask if they can do it for Switzerland.
Thanks Horsey but I ordered mine in March. Also don't forget that Switzerland is not part of the EU/Eurozone. Perhaps that's why we have the lowest unemployment rate and have the healthiest economy (I think) in Europe.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 02:02 AM   #12
Chris55
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
Y'all have had X1s for at least 2 years. Can't even buy them here regardless of how long one might be willing to wait. Every place has its challenges.
Yes, I know but to be honest, and I don't want to offend anyone on this forum, the X1, in my opinion, is really not a nice car to drive or to look at, has a terrible ride and no room. I had the X1 as a loaner several times and I must say it is the only BMW I truly dislike. Trust me, you guys in the U.S. haven't missed anything.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 03:37 AM   #13
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 xDrive 20d M Sport

Quote:
Yes, I know but to be honest, and I don't want to offend anyone on this forum, the X1, in my opinion, is really not a nice car to drive or to look at, has a terrible ride and no room. I had the X1 as a loaner several times and I must say it is the only BMW I truly dislike. Trust me, you guys in the U.S. haven't missed anything.
Plus we are talking about X3 delivery times (this is an X3 forum, after all) so whether or not certain markets have certain other models is totally irrelevant
      05-23-2012, 04:22 AM   #14
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Interesting. That's too bad, seemed like it should have been a nice option if that smaller size fit one's situation, like the other 1's.
      05-23-2012, 04:22 AM   #15
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeltzer View Post
Plus we are talking about X3 delivery times (this is an X3 forum, after all) so whether or not certain markets have certain other models is totally irrelevant
It was relevant to whether BMW favored one market over another.
      05-23-2012, 07:03 AM   #16
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

D'oh ... *twats self*
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #17
JensM
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40D 2019

My X3 was ordrer in early april 11 and delivery was quoted just before Christmas. Two months later new delivery date was late january 12!
In september 11 delivery was suddenly moved forward to first week of november 11!
Actual delivery took place november 2nd.
Car is a leasing car (comp car) and was delivered through BMW Zürich.
All in all about 7 months which seems like standard when reading this forum.
Btw, I think quite a few in geneva region incl vaud
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #18
Theodoros
Enlisted Member
Rep

I have heard about a lot of people going abroad to buy cars many even in the UK. i know only one that regretted it a lot..
in my case it would be more or less the same price (similar situation with Chris55) so i chose the dealership around the corner.
in the geneva area and pays de gex i see quite a lot actually, i don't know though if it is the "my wife is pregnant so i think suddenly all the women are pregnant" effect.
what i did with my dealer is that i (politely) demanded a replacement car until he delivers it cause i'm left without car and renting the last three months.
i would very much like to get my hands on the quota per country data. i saw horsey in some other threads that is really in to this stuff (?). ok we know about the US that when they order they practically press the button -really jealous- but what about europe? which is the quickest root to an X3??
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #19
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodoros View Post
....we know about the US that when they order they practically press the button -really jealous- but what about europe? which is the quickest root to an X3??
Not just ordering by pressing a button on the computer, we have time here too to make changes until it is taken up for production.
Appreciate 0