BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #23
Big Rod
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 2011

Black on Silver

The black wheels look great with the silver frame. Its the nicest look ive seen with the new X3. Keep up the good work MTLBrad. Anyone who doesnt like the look need to get their eyes checked.

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/images/smilies/w00t.gif
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #24
Big Rod
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 2011

The black wheels look great with the silver frame. Its the nicest look ive seen with the new X3. Keep up the good work MTLBrad. Anyone who doesnt like the look need to get their eyes checked.

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #25
mtlcruisin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
Give the guy a break with the black rim thing... it's awsome! if you like it yourself (which you obviously do!), then that's what counts!!!
What you got for the seat and trim color?
Thanks!

Black leather, wood trim. The only thing I regret is not getting factory NAV, as I thought I'd be able to change the radio unit and put in like a Kenwood double din. But unfortunately that can't happen. So for future owners, just keep that in mind, that modding the radio unit is not easy on this vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #26
rd450
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw x3

The rims look rubbish
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #27
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlbrad View Post
Thanks!

Black leather, wood trim. The only thing I regret is not getting factory NAV, as I thought I'd be able to change the radio unit and put in like a Kenwood double din. But unfortunately that can't happen. So for future owners, just keep that in mind, that modding the radio unit is not easy on this vehicle.
That's correct about the stereo!!! Don't forget the security issues that come with the integrated system. Some insurance companies wouldn't like to hear that you've toggled around with the stereo...
Had the experience with the built in Nav and then a pocket one (bad idea)...that's why I'd never go with a pocket one again...
Black and wood trim look good. The fineline(light) or the wave (dark)?
btw, mine is now under "started production" status...
28i- Mineral Silver, Black lethertte, Full option (Tech pack, Premium Pack and Executive Pack- the packs are Canadian defined)--- didn't go for the DHP or Sport as my wife is gonna drive it mostly!!!
Enjoy it...
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #28
northX3
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rod View Post

good to see 2 Quebec members (BigRod and mtlbrad) liking big black wheels on a F25 X3...

I think it's a bit cultural, if you go to Japan you'd see crazy wheel "trends" that would be out of place in America... I guess it's the same with the province of Quebec, where ricers rule the road

but to the OP, if you like them, great for you ! just isn't the cup of tea of the typical F25 buyer, for sure
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #29
perto
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW I3S + IX40

Why have you putt those rims on? It's like putting white-spoke on a black car. But each man it's own taste.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 04:09 PM   #30
mtlcruisin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

I put the black wheels on because the car has tints, and it contrasts to the silver. The original oems are plain, and outdated. If you people like it that's fine, I'm suspecting a lot of people here are maybe older than me and out of touch with what's in style, wheras I'm 32 and what I got is trendy. It's definitely not a cultural thing, what looks good in Montreal, I'm sure looks good in Toronto/New York or whatever. A lot of silver cars, SUVs, sedans, look really cool with black rims.

I don't let the negative feedback bother me, and I'll try posting some better quality pics with a better camera which will hopefully detail the wheels better.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 10:57 PM   #31
ZipSpeed
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 xDrive35i

I'm 32 and I personally think they're not even close to being classy.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 08:10 AM   #32
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlbrad View Post
I put the black wheels on because the car has tints, and it contrasts to the silver. The original oems are plain, and outdated. If you people like it that's fine, I'm suspecting a lot of people here are maybe older than me and out of touch with what's in style, wheras I'm 32 and what I got is trendy. It's definitely not a cultural thing, what looks good in Montreal, I'm sure looks good in Toronto/New York or whatever. A lot of silver cars, SUVs, sedans, look really cool with black rims.

I don't let the negative feedback bother me, and I'll try posting some better quality pics with a better camera which will hopefully detail the wheels better.
Wheel are very nice, would look super on an AW M-Sport....black trim on bumpers and arches don't make them stand out as they should
Appreciate 0