BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
Hutt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3

To Lojack or not to Lojack on the new X3

Anyone have an opinion on this. I am not too familiar with Lojack products and I fortunately (knock on wood) ave never had a car stolen. I went to the dealer tonight to fill out the paperwork for my PCD on Feb 25th and true to form they did try and upsell some products and services. Lojack in particular was on the sheet for $695 and the guy quickly stated if I was interested he could do it for $595. I evidently paused a little too long for his liking and he said "so I can't interest you in anything on this sheet". After a little back and forth he was willing to drop the price to $295 claiming it was his "true dealer cost" but I bet he says that to all his customers
Does anyone have experience with these systems. Are they a good value?

Last edited by Hutt; 02-08-2011 at 10:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 07:14 AM   #2
JamesBimmer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

I don't have any experience with Lojack. My dealership didn't push it, but said it was available. They instead had a $150 option that came with $5k theft insurance. Getting back $5k if my car is stolen wouldn't change my life enough, even for $150, so I didn't go with it, but I am not a fan of insurance in general (willing to play the odds).

Sorry to derail this specific question, but I will mention this in case you weren't aware. When you sign the papers for PDC pickup, you actually own the car on that day and the in-service starts (warranty starts, registration, etc.). I didn't realize this and signed the papers three weeks before picking up the car and now wish I would have pushed signing closer to the actual pickup...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
Hutt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3

Yes, I had hoped to wait a little longer too, but at this point I am only two weeks away. Well so are you actually. My production video came last night finally, however the car stil shows "start of production" on the timeline. Looking forward to it. It seems like it has been forever since I ordered it.
I read your post in another thread about what if there is something wrong when you actually pick up the car at the PCD. Hopefully that doesnt happen too often, but am curious to know what they would do in that case. It sucks to think someone would get a one way flight into Spartanburg only to find their car is not acceptable and that they have to order a new one.
Appreciate 0