BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-04-2018, 12:14 PM   #23
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchgrif View Post
more pics, sorry to bore

Looks great! Did it come with those cargo containment bars in the back? I need those for my G01

Last edited by Zirenz2006; 07-04-2018 at 12:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 01:11 PM   #24
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
the old car, my previous x4 you would when turning right move the blinker stalk down and it would click then let go and the stalk would return to the start position but the blinkers would engage and stay flashing until you completed your turn, the new x4 you push down to the click and it stays down until you complete your turn. the brakes are almost too good, you feel like your eyes are bulging out of your face. so yes VERY good. and it rumbles, or at least it does in sport or sport plus mode, which is the only way to drive.
It would be nice if you could to a comparo review of the 2 X4s having being an owner.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 05:09 AM   #25
Tchgrif
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
Looks great! Did it come with those cargo containment bars in the back? I need those for my G01
those are from my volvo xc60 r design two cars ago. i bought them online paid like 70 bucks plus shipping and keep moving them from bmw to bmw. they work great are easy to adjust and pop right out when you need them too. perfect for errands
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 06:15 AM   #26
Tchgrif
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
It would be nice if you could to a comparo review of the 2 X4s having being an owner.
ok
My first X4 was an inline 6
my second x4 is an inline 6, though is a different design

overall the car feels like it moved up a notch, feels more like a 5 series than a 3 series. doors shut more quietly, everything feels better, is noticeably quieter with better sound isolation/insulation. seats grip you better, pedals are better designed and have highly raised rubber grips. the first x4 felt more loose but was a very good car. there is a slightly noticeable turbo lag with the new engine, though this may be just initial break in period. but once underway this car feels much faster. I have just under 150 miles on it now and have driven it in either Sport or Adaptive mode only. adaptive is wonderful but you lose the great sounding exhaust. Speaking of which, it has been very very hot here but I did drive it with the windows down july 4th morning. it does sound good on the outside too but some of the exhaust sound is synthetic and coming from the rear speakers. the transmission is either new or greatly improved and when it's downshifting you get that wonderful burble from the exhaust in sport mode. the lane keeper assist will fight you if you do not use a turn signal before changing lanes. on the highway the autonomous driving is good.
I do not enjoy Apple car play, while the sound is better in car play mode than when bluetooth streaming in Idrive mode. the map is smaller and not as good, there is a jerky movement in carplay navigation and sometimes just goes away for a few moments{probably bad cell areas, a common problem around me as it is rather hilly} Also when streaming music thru car play and right hand steering wheel roller button does not show you the next and last song on the heads up display but does show you these in I drive streaming mode. the wireless charging tray works perfectly every time, i have an iphone x with apple leather cover. the HK sound system is great, excellent clarity good highs and midrange very good bass.
The interior is the most obviously upgraded single area on the car and it's welcome. in my original x4 there were many hard plastic areas and everything was dark. my new x4 interior is a very good modern blend of materials and textures. I have the open grain matte wood trim but it comes with a small swath of chromed metal at the bottom and the stain color of the wood lends itself to working well with the red and black interior, there are grayish and orange tones in the wood which makes it feel custom to my interior. the light accents are fantastic and the choices are a good variety though an actual red color would have been a good idea given BMW's classic red lighting and the red of the seats and door panels, though the orange and the bronze choices work. the blue looks out of place and the lilac makes the red leather fuchsia. not a good color. I like the steering wheel, it has large thumb indents and good stitching, and there's a large V shape in chrome. the wheel buttons work well and feel solid. however the top of the wheel gets thin and it is not the M sport wheel which would have solved that one issue but probably brought other nagging issues. the swivel adjustment of the headrests is vast improvement as is the general shape of the seats. I have not used the heated seats yet. the sunroof is much bigger than before and the sunshade is now motorized. when open at less than highway speeds it is nice and quiet. The rear seats fold flatter and loading a bike is easier now. the inside feels wider and while it is probably only and inch or two wider the feeling is much more open.
I have owned a car with 21 inch rims before and it rode rough, this is not a problem with these 21 inch rims. the suspension is perfectly capable of dealing with the larger diameter and it drives very comfortable even on rough Pennsylvania roads. The headlights are just as good or slightly better than my previous car which also had full LED lighting. the outside is a much more muscular sporty shape and feels balanced and well designed in person something that was not always the case in pictures. ordering a car, an expensive one at that, sight unseen and using only video and pictures and testing the x3 as a stand-in is an act of faith, one that for me was greatly rewarded.
whoever winds up with my old X4 will get a very good car, I take excellent care of my vehicles but that was a good car from beginning to trade in. It took care of me and my family and I took good care of it. it was a safe reliable car with decent gas millage that did well in every environment, it went thru blizzards when others went in the ditch and survived torrential downpours in the mountains when other cars slid off the road and flipped. I never questioned it and it never disappointed. I know I will feel the same way about this car in four to five years as you can tell from the beginning it is a better vehicle.
Appreciate 2
Bimar799.50
God7770.00
      07-05-2018, 08:37 AM   #27
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
those are from my volvo xc60 r design two cars ago. i bought them online paid like 70 bucks plus shipping and keep moving them from bmw to bmw. they work great are easy to adjust and pop right out when you need them too. perfect for errands
Do you know if they are still available anywhere? I can't track them down online.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 03:31 PM   #28
Tchgrif
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

https://picclick.com/New-OEM-2010-17...525672778.html

try that should work I also had trouble finding it now but 9 years ago when I bought it was easy to find
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 03:57 PM   #29
Tchgrif
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

side by side old and new
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 06:28 PM   #30
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
https://picclick.com/New-OEM-2010-17...525672778.html

try that should work I also had trouble finding it now but 9 years ago when I bought it was easy to find
Thanks! found it on Ebay
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2018, 02:04 PM   #31
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
side by side old and new
looks so much bigger and aggressive!
Appreciate 0