BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
welkerbrads
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 white X3

Ordered Mine Today

Put my order in today 5-7-11,( X3 28i) Happy Mother's day to my wife.

Alpine White
Oyster Nevada Leather
Fineline dark wave wood
Premuim Package
Comfort Access Keyless entry
Roof Rails

Don't know if I got a good deal or not but traded my 08 328i sport package with 41000 miles and got $22K for it.
Got lucky on the order because my dealer had two of them going into production on the 20th and was able to put my spec's on to there car. Should have it in 3 weeks I hope. Did I do ok? Found out after I put the order in BMW took the road side assisstance off as a standard option. That sucks. O well I can get it on my auto insurance for $7 per 6 months.

Test drove this and it is sweet.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
pault
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 F25 35i

Congrats on the order and you appear to have done very well to get a production slot that is so soon, your new X3 won't be long!

I wanted to ask about this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by welkerbrads View Post
Found out after I put the order in BMW took the road side assisstance off as a standard option. That sucks. O well I can get it on my auto insurance for $7 per 6 months.t.
Really? Did the dealer confirm this? I thought this was included in the 'BMW Ultimate Service" in the US. It is listed as included on mine, X3 35i, picked it up yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #3
welkerbrads
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

They did tell me that the road side assistances came with the Technology package and if I wanted to add the road side it would cost $700. I went on line to BMW web site and build your own and it says there plain as day that you get 4yrs 50000 warranty, 4yrs/50000 maintenance and 4yrs unlimited miles road side service. I will call them on Monday and argue with them on this. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
ssn007
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3

Quote:
Put my order in today 5-7-11,( X3 28i) Happy Mother's day to my wife.

Alpine White
Oyster Nevada Leather
Fineline dark wave wood
Premuim Package
Comfort Access Keyless entry
Roof Rails
You (she) will love it, same interior as mine, that my wife picked out. I was going for black, but she wanted the oyster and I it was a good choice. Almost went with the white but changed to mineral silver before it went into production. I had a white SUV before so wanted different color, a light one cat prints wouldn't be as noticeable on.

Have to say I really love my X3. Mine took 4 weeks exactly to get, had them wait until April 1 to order so I could get the 6nr option, at dealer April 28th.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 11:44 PM   #5
mhrir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Very fast

Quote:
They did tell me that the road side assistances came with the Technology package and if I wanted to add the road side it would cost $700. I went on line to BMW web site and build your own and it says there plain as day that you get 4yrs 50000 warranty, 4yrs/50000 maintenance and 4yrs unlimited miles road side service. I will call them on Monday and argue with them on this. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
You are confusing road side assistance and BMW Assist. Road side comes with all BMWs, BMW Assist costs extra.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 01:33 AM   #6
lola_falana_12
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3

If your car goes into production on the 20th, are you expecting 3 weeks from that time to receive the car or 3 weeks from date of order?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #7
welkerbrads
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Can you explain the difference. Thanks

I was told the car goes in production on the 20th and I should have it in 3 weeks from then. But I am saying 4 weeks.
Appreciate 0