BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
TrikinCurt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Mineral Silver

19" All Season?

Okay, running out of time before they build my X3

In the US - Anyone been able to order ALL SEASON 19" upgrade? The printed price sheet that is one these forums shows two options for the 19", one of them all season. My CA said nothing showed up in her computer and I am out of luck.

I live in the midwest and no way will I buy straight performance tires, but would LOVE 19" all seasons... My wife's Mazda will have better tires than me!

Oh, and someone tell me I am a fool for not getting the dynamic handling package and HUD, the only things I didn't get, before it is too late
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
TarHeelFan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Be ready to get inundated with "DHP is a MUST" replies. I've got the HUD and I pointed out in another thread that it's cool to have but not a must. The display doesn't show when wearing polarized sunglasses...but it was totally cool today driving thru San Francisco and having the arrow display from the nav directly in view.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Stick with performance and get some snow tires and wheels, I live in Chicago and they are so much better than all season in the winter. I will never go all season again. If you spend this much on a car don't cheap out on the things that matter most. And look at it this way, you will save the life on your other tires when the snows are on, so it's really just like buying wheels. Go to tire rack and they will swap the winter/summer for free every time. Also don't buy BMW oem wheels for your winter set, waste of money for the emblem.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

TarHeelFan's desciption of the HUD does sound pretty cool. I'd opted out, but might have to have it on the list for next time. The DHP is great fun and is a nice way to switch between with and without passengers.
      03-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #5
TrikinCurt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Mineral Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Stick with performance and get some snow tires and wheels, I live in Chicago and they are so much better than all season in the winter. I will never go all season again. If you spend this much on a car don't cheap out on the things that matter most. And look at it this way, you will save the life on your other tires when the snows are on, so it's really just like buying wheels. Go to tire rack and they will swap the winter/summer for free every time. Also don't buy BMW oem wheels for your winter set, waste of money for the emblem.
I agree, the snow tires on my wife's mazda made a night and day difference. The trick is, I really prefer the look of 19" tires. Is my only option going to be two sets of rims? I couldn't find any tires that fit on the mixed-performance 19" option.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 12:23 AM   #6
torzeck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i, 2020 X3 30i

My dealer is inquiring with regard to the all seasons on the 309s and as you know, I've pinged Jason who posted the March update.

Meanwhile, Pirelli does offer a set of winter tires {runflats} that will fit the 309s staggered size. The model is WINTER 240 SOTTOZERO SERIE II RUNFLAT.TireRack had them earlier in the year.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 05:05 AM   #7
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

I think it might be the 270 SottoZero's for the 309s. Haven't been available at TireRack since I've been checking in January, unfortunately. Unless i'm goofing up the search somehow, of course! I've asked about them in an email. The response was unclear, but I think they said they'd have them when available from Pirelli. Pirelli shows them as on offer, so I don't know if that means there's a supply issue or what. Maybe they do a seasonal batch production on such tires??
      03-08-2011, 06:20 AM   #8
DCat
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Please don't get the DHP....I don't want to be the only idiot with the turbo that didn't order it...

I too am trying to get the all seasons on the 19" rims, but haven't yet gotten a straight answer from my CA other than the order is in for "mixed performance" tires..not sure if that is the same?

For the HUD-I had that feature on a ~2004 Pontiac Aztek (yes, sad but true-actually that car was not terrible, but like many GM failures, they bailed on it when w/ some-a lot..of tweaking, it could have been a cool vehicle) and the feature was nice, but mostly imo just a gadget, imo.. not a necessity...surely not as much of a requirement to me as the 600 watt stereo...
Appreciate 0