BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-26-2012, 04:18 AM   #23
cheesebag
Debadged and Alpine Weiss!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 Msport

Love it....

Facebook and Twitter on the go!

Love web radio too.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 06:53 AM   #24
02420X3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Oops! The URL would be helpful, wouldn't it?

http://www.rubmw.ru/vincode/eng/
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 07:08 AM   #25
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by richy577 View Post
I got this from the BMW Connected App in iTunes
Please note: the BMW Connected App can only be used in BMW models with the “Apps” special equipment. "A retrofit has been on offer for this special equipment since 01/2012" (NOTE: retrofit is not available in USA or Canada). Contact your BMW dealer for details.

For details on device compatibility and further information, see www.bmw.com/bluetooth and www.bmw.com/connecteddrive or www.bmw.com/apps.

So outside these locations looks like it can be upgraded, I've just not found out how much it is yet.
Search this forum for 6NR tech srch

I've had it retrofitted but it's much cheaper to order it as an option - wasn't available as an option when mine was ordered

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 06:45 AM   #26
BMWLVX
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d

Hi,

Long time lurker here. Could someone take a look at this list and tell me if it's possible for me to retrofit 6NR without the need for any further hardware/cabling DIY? I really regret not taking it now for the price as the BMW music interface is somewhat lacking compared to what Apple offer. They should really pimp the Apple side of it more as I just saw it as a gimmick and jumping on the Twitter/Facebook bandwagon.

S609A Navigation system Professional
S676A HiFi speaker system
S698A Area-Code 2 for DVD
S6AAA BMW TeleServices
S6ABA Control, Teleservices
S6NKA Connection, Bluetooth and USB devices
S6VCA Control, Combox

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #27
AngusW
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3

Hi sfax - did you get this 6NR retrofit done by a UK dealer, and if so how much?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #28
ingook
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3

Is there any way to get 6NR retrofit remotely?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #29
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingook View Post
Is there any way to get 6NR retrofit remotely?
All the coding has to be done remotely - it's the only way unless you pay BMW to do it. See this thread for some more details

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471395

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #30
BMWLVX
Private
Rep

Could someone clear up for me what is required to get video from the iPhone to the iDrive screen? No Apps malarky for the moment. At the moment I don't have the 6NF base plate but I do have 6NK (Bluetooth + USB) which seems to be a professional version of 6FL (or?). If I was to replace the base plate, would this get me anywhere, video wise? Will I really need to remove car seats in order to run a USB cable back to the COMBOX in the boot? Is there someway to get video without the snap-in adapter?

Last edited by BMWLVX; 07-21-2012 at 08:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #31
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWLVX View Post
Could someone clear up for me what is required to get video from the iPhone to the iDrive screen? No Apps malarky for the moment. At the moment I don't have the 6NF base plate but I do have 6NK (Bluetooth + USB) which seems to be a professional version of 6FL (or?). If I was to replace the base plate, would this get me anywhere, video wise? Will I really need to remove car seats in order to run a USB cable back to the COMBOX in the boot? Is there someway to get video without the snap-in adapter?
You'll need the AV cable run from the armrest to the CIC not to the combox so you don't need to remove any seats, only panels, but it isn't easy.

If you don't have 6NF, you'll also need a different USB port for your armrest that has an AV port and a USB (rather than AUX and USB as you have now). This also means you won't have access to 6NR in the cradle - only when connected to the AV/USB port

You will also need to have the car coded, and depending on your build date, you may need the iDrive software updated first as well.

The only work on the combox is switching a USB port - no wiring

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #32
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
You'll need the AV cable run from the armrest to the CIC not to the combox so you don't need to remove any seats, only panels, but it isn't easy.

If you don't have 6NF, you'll also need a different USB port for your armrest that has an AV port and a USB (rather than AUX and USB as you have now). This also means you won't have access to 6NR in the cradle - only when connected to the AV/USB port

You will also need to have the car coded, and depending on your build date, you may need the iDrive software updated first as well.

The only work on the combox is switching a USB port - no wiring
+1 +1
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #33
BMWLVX
Private
Rep

Thanks sfax. You already shared your 6NR upgrade experience with me and the thought of anything not fitting back correctly after the retrofit puts me off doing it It would suit me fine if I was able to have the video from iPhone over the USB port. Don't fancy shelling out 160€ for a media cradle.

If only I could find some instructions explaining which parts of the panels to pry and pull, etc. I'm looking for a service manual to see if it sheds any light but can't seem to locate any online. Any ideas where I might find one? The realoem website is fine for diagrams but doesn't have enough details for my needs really.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #34
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWLVX View Post
Thanks sfax. You already shared your 6NR upgrade experience with me and the thought of anything not fitting back correctly after the retrofit puts me off doing it It would suit me fine if I was able to have the video from iPhone over the USB port. Don't fancy shelling out 160€ for a media cradle.

If only I could find some instructions explaining which parts of the panels to pry and pull, etc. I'm looking for a service manual to see if it sheds any light but can't seem to locate any online. Any ideas where I might find one? The realoem website is fine for diagrams but doesn't have enough details for my needs really.
Sorry, I didn't realise you were the same guy I'd replied to on a PM

I did some searching online and looked on youtube but couldn't find anything. If you can't find anything online, you may be able to contact a company that does Bluetooth/telephone installations for BMWs. They'll have the expertise and if they're nice they may just show you which panels and how to remove them.

Appreciate 0