BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-27-2023, 08:04 AM   #1
imfun
Rep
Drives: BMW x3 F25 2016

Smile Automatic dim wing/side mirrors + sensitive steering wheel + high fuel consumption?

Hello, good people of this forum. As a brand new owner of used x3 f25 2016 x20d, 190 hp turning to you experts for guidance.

My car happens to have auto dim of an interior back mirror, but not outside wing mirrors. Which is annoying. After all, a large part of the disturbing light from behind also comes through the outside mirrors.
I am looking for an upgrade. Please for some help with tips:

Where to buy fair prices used OEMs side mirror with auto-dim function?
Or aftermarket ones?
Is it possible to plug and play or switch have to be done by professionals?

I am located in Europe so buying inside EU Union is desirable.

2. It's the first time driving such a great car but I have a feeling that the steering wheel is to much sensitive. Which is more felt when driving on bad road (going through holes and bumps makes my wheel go left and right) and also on high-speed motor way, just a slight correction wants car to start turning. Sometims I find that wheels having hard time to to automatically center themselves.

Is that normal? What should I look for replace/change or adapt??

Comparing this car to a person I know with the same configuration, he has average fuel consumption of 8,5 liter/100 km. He claims he drives it dynamically.

I can not go under 9,3/liter even driving like a grampa. Dynamically driving is cca 10-10,5l/100 km is lowest i can go..

Any elaboration from someone with similar suspicion?

-------------------------

Thank you in advance for the answers, tips, feedbacks.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 10:24 AM   #2
paranoidandroid
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i (F25)

#1 - Check to see if your car has the option. If you do, check the connectors.
410 Auto-Dimming interior and exterior mirrors

If you don't have this option, check ebay. I'm not sure if you need to code this. The rear auto-dim is option 413.

#2 - The steering is precise on all BMWs. The way you describe the problem sounds like either an alignment issue or a suspension issue, or both. Check your front shocks, control arm bushings, etc.

#3 - are you in sport mode, comfort, or eco mode?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 03:34 PM   #3
imfun
Rep
Drives: BMW x3 F25 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
#1 - Check to see if your car has the option. If you do, check the connectors.
410 Auto-Dimming interior and exterior mirrors

If you don't have this option, check ebay. I'm not sure if you need to code this. The rear auto-dim is option 413.

#2 - The steering is precise on all BMWs. The way you describe the problem sounds like either an alignment issue or a suspension issue, or both. Check your front shocks, control arm bushings, etc.

#3 - are you in sport mode, comfort, or eco mode?
1. You ment this? "431 - Interior rear-view mirror with automatic anti-dazzle function"
431 my car have. nothing else regarding anti-dazzle

2. have done alignments 3 weeks ago. no problem ware detected.

3. any mode will consume practically similar or the same results, wich is by others ppl more efficient numbers to bad..
Appreciate 0