BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
MetaX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

iPhone & track order

Awright folks this has been driving me absolutely nuts for quite a while but thus far I haven't found a solution yet. I find that very often when playing music off my iPhone 4 (latest iOS updates) via the cradle, iDrive plays my tracks totally out of sequence. This is when I play a specific album by an artist using the "search" sequence of artist followed by album and then playing all tracks.

I listen to a lot of electronic music where track sequence is critical because each subsequent song is seamlessly transitioned from the previous. Also on long trips I often put on a stand-up comedy CD to keep myself more engaged and sequence here is also important to get the most out of it. (Incidentally, I highly recommend listening to Mitch Hedberg...the guy is hilarious. Generally harmless material but he does curse so not for children).

I'm hoping that someone has seen this issue and either discovered a work-around or has definitively concluded that its just one if iDrive's quirks that you gotta live with. One thing I have yet to try is to remove the total track count from the id3 tags to see if that might be confusing iDrive. Other than that I'm at wit's end on how to fix this.

When I switch to plugin mode, the tracks are always played in sequence so I'm guessing it has something to do with how iDrive interacts with my iPhone. Seems like the plugin mode puts more of the playing & controlling duties on the iPhone rather than iDrive...

Also, it seems that the track listing order along with the indicator showing the current track being played shown in the instrument cluster display are not in sync with what is shown in the main iDrive screen when using the standard iDrive play mode (vs. plugin).

Very frustrating.
Appreciate 0