BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #23
S70IP
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardoq View Post
Good stuff though guys. I'm waiting for confirmation of production date which is somewhere in July. Will be a long wait!
Hi Mardoq,

When did you order yours?
      05-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #24
Mardoq
Rep
Drives: Audi a5

Ordered 1st of May. Went to the delaler yesterday and was hoping to get more detail on the production week, but he couldnt give me details. Hope to hear in next few days. Will update once i know. It depends on whether the dealer has sme of the slots allocated available though.

Ordered 2.0d with sportseats,Black leather, memory, xenons and tints. Still tossing up between mineral amd titanium. Need to see them both in real life before i can make up my mind i think.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 05:21 AM   #25
S70IP
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Ok Congrats,

I ordered mine on 4th of May. The dealer told me they were putting their orders for the month on the following Friday. He reckons about 4 months until delivery. I was going to give him until the end of the first week in June to get back to me. I will be interested to see how you go, I'll let you know how I go.

Ordered 20d Alpine white, standard tyres, head up display, leather sports seats, xenon lights, pro Nav, extended connectivity, comfort access. Didn't worry about the electric seats as I will be the only one driving it!! Nor the auto tailgate as I hear they brake.

I'm just debating the tyres. Will get mud guards to help with the black white look.

The waiting is killing me.
To get a heads up go to www.bmwusa.com you can download a manual, watch info videos etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 02:52 AM   #26
Tsambi
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Anyone I'm Aus expecting a 30d or an M pack before a mid to late June delivery. Interested in seeing how April productions went.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 07:58 AM   #27
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
From what I've heard there were some interruptions to Australian cars especially 2.8i and 3.0d because they are equipped with automatic tailgate as standard. This part come from Japan and had been affected by the 'quake there. May productions were on schedule. Hope no one here is affected. Keep checking wih your dealer and get a VIN number. If productions are back to normal as of May then I am sure no major delays -- may be a couple of week. Good luck.
      05-17-2011, 11:00 PM   #28
S70IP
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Hi all,

Dealer just got back to me today. Confirmed the build in August 2011. Probably delivery then at the end of September early October worse case.

Gonna be a long winter.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 11:50 PM   #29
Mardoq
Rep
Drives: Audi a5

Ouch!! I am still waiting to hear the date, but knowing that you ended up with that delivery timeline doesnt make me that hopeful given that i havent been told yet. Long winter waiting for the car for sure if that will be the wait....
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 05:39 AM   #30
Dantroy
Rep
Drives: X3 30d m sport

Ordered our 30d m sport early april and got a may production with june/july delivery. Waiting for dealer to get my vin number
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 06:35 AM   #31
battler
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 30d 2012; 328 F30 AW

Got my chasis number. Eta 24/5 in Melbourne so fingers crossed early mid June delivery. Got a 30d titan silver m sports. Can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #32
Dantroy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koutamagic View Post
Got my chasis number. Eta 24/5 in Melbourne so fingers crossed early mid June delivery. Got a 30d titan silver m sports. Can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #33
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
It takes two days to build an X3 and for Australia the delivery time is eight weeks. I am hoping mine to be in Fremantle in the middle of July.
      05-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #34
roders
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0D MSport F25

It takes 2 days to build.....but that from when you get a production slot :P
If you put an order today, doesnt mean you will get a production slot tomorrow......
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2011, 03:26 AM   #35
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
Yours would actually be one of the first. Surprising that we have not seen any 30d review yet when Kouta's (loser Carlton fan right here clearly ) car has almost made it's journey across the globe!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2011, 07:57 AM   #36
Dantroy
Rep

I got my chasis number, so whats next how do i track my car ?????
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2011, 04:42 PM   #37
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by roders View Post
It takes 2 days to build.....but that from when you get a production slot :P
If you put an order today, doesnt mean you will get a production slot tomorrow......
I know that ... I ordered in April and got a production slot in May. The dealer gave me their allocation for a demo car. I was looked after due to being a long-standing customer.
What I meant was after the car is built -- in 2 days -- the rest of time it spends at the docks waiting for a boat, then the voyage across the world dropping off cars before arriving in Fremantle. Then clearance and a day or two in PrixCar at the Perth Airport and finally at the dealer for PD. Just to give you an insight to what happens. I know what I am talking about. Thank you.
      05-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #38
S70IP
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantroy View Post
I got my chasis number, so whats next how do i track my car ?????

If you go to BMWUSA.com I'm pretty sure you can enter your VIN and track it from there.
I have also seen some posts where some people can track it on the ship. You'll have to do a search. There is a way.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #39
battler
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 30d 2012; 328 F30 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Quote:
Yours would actually be one of the first. Surprising that we have not seen any 30d review yet when Kouta's (loser Carlton fan right here clearly ) car has almost made it's journey across the globe!
Can't believe Carlton lost but good news is car is nearly here!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2011, 07:28 PM   #40
roders
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Hi AussieM3,
Good to see someone else in Perth
I had deposit down on mine in March last year and confirmed order from pricing release in October. Looks like we still go the same production times. I wonder if they considered giving up my slot to you?
After the long wait I ended up picking up a M3 and then considered cancelling my delivery. Still have not made up my mind yet about taking delivery, but mine is a White MSport 30D coming will 19", HUD, Pro Nav, TV, Comfort Access, Xenons+Adaptive, Internet, SunRoof, Dynamic Damper, AntiDazzle/Folding, Lumbar with Free Servicing.
Anyone interested in this config and delivery, I could transfer the deal to them
Got a very good deal on it consider my early deposit & being a coporate, pitty most of the managers and staff have now gone over to Audi Perth
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2011, 07:30 PM   #41
roders
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Kouta....Are you sure they told you a 24/5 delivery to Melbourne.
Got inside word the first boat of X3 30d's M Sports will leave the US on the 24/5
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #42
Tsambi
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

I love this type of discussion. Trying to catch out any dealers telling us fibs. I know that my 30d m is now showing as a Sydney delivery on 20 June at the port Kembla dock. Apparently my car is on the first boat load for Aus according to BMW Aus which harassed after my April production was pushed back to May. Keep us posted on any earlier deliveries please.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #43
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hi AussieM3,
Good to see someone else in Perth
I had deposit down on mine in March last year and confirmed order from pricing release in October. Looks like we still go the same production times. I wonder if they considered giving up my slot to you?
After the long wait I ended up picking up a M3 and then considered cancelling my delivery. Still have not made up my mind yet about taking delivery, but mine is a White MSport 30D coming will 19", HUD, Pro Nav, TV, Comfort Access, Xenons+Adaptive, Internet, SunRoof, Dynamic Damper, AntiDazzle/Folding, Lumbar with Free Servicing.
Anyone interested in this config and delivery, I could transfer the deal to them
Got a very good deal on it consider my early deposit & being a coporate, pitty most of the managers and staff have now gone over to Audi Perth
So is there all the Auto Classic Staff are. I got a good deal on my X3 as well ... which in fact is my wife's DD. So what colour is your M3 ... was it on the showroom floor recently or did you factory order the specs? Sorry for being nosey

My wife doesn't like the HUD and sunroof. I didn't option the M Sports package and thw comfort access. Apart from the that everything else is as per your. Mine's a vermillon red with oyster.

If you're close to where I am it will be interesting to catch up may be for a coffee and share the M experience.
      05-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #44
malfunction99
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 30d M-Sport

Quote:
Kouta....Are you sure they told you a 24/5 delivery to Melbourne.
Got inside word the first boat of X3 30d's M Sports will leave the US on the 24/5
My understanding is that the first batch of 30d M Sports were on the SS Oberon, Voyage No. CXE108-OB which left Savannah, GA on 13th May, and is due in Brisbane on 9th June and Melbourne on 14th. Certainly, my 30d M Sport is on board.

At present, the Oberon is somewhere between Panama and Auckland.

You can track the shipping status of your car at:
http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp

Click on Track & Trace for "All Users" then enter your VIN as the Cargo ID.
If your car has already been handed-off to the shippers, you'll see the status.

Very helpful - and will prove / disprove whether your car will be in Melbourne on Tuesday. Hope it is, but...

Last edited by malfunction99; 05-21-2011 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0