BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-11-2016, 07:37 PM   #1
etr2016
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M - Black

Looking to buy 2016 or 2017 X3

I'm looking to buy an X3 for my wife (who is very into cars and appreciates the performance). With that said, I'm extremely cheap - so I'm already having a hard time deciding between the 2.0 and 3.0, but definitely having a hard time deciding on the navigation. With the 2.0, navigation also requires a wireless charging system bringing the cost to $2350. This seems absolutely nuts to me especially since I generally prefer my iPhone. Does anyone know what else you lose by not getting navigation? It appears the iDrive screen shrinks in the non-navi cars, but I cannot seem to find out by how much.

On another note, we hate sunroofs so I see that as being a perk, besides cost, of going with the 2.0.

Options we're looking at so far are Msport, driver assistance (required), xenon lights, heated seats, and HK.

Any input is appreciated.
2022 - Lexus ES350 - Black
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 04:03 PM   #2
Crassus
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 X3 20i & 19' M140i

The small screen is 6.5 inches and is called BMW Business and the large 8.8 inch screen BMW Professional. Since 2015 Business comes standard with navigation even on the 1-Series.

Professional gives you 3D view and a black panel display at the bottom of the speedometer and provides additional guidances about what turn to take, lane to be in etc and is extremely helpful! You also get a 20GB harddrive for storing music and BMW apps which enable you to lock/unlock, send navigation destinations and locate your car using your phone.

Most importantly the larger screen and black panel display makes your car interior look a lot more premium. Not having BMW Professional will have a negative impact on the car's resale value.

It's the one option I would tick before anything else. Test drive a car with it and then one without it and you'll understand why.
      09-13-2016, 09:28 AM   #3
honeybadgerch
Private
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 2.0d xline

Just bought a 2016 2.0 xLine X3, with nav, led, among other things. I find it to be a well balance vehicle with a combination of functionality and aesthetic. The nav is pretty good, despite what some say. Only had a couple issues (in Italy on vacation, not recognizing new roads) but that's peanuts. The engine is great, certainly no drag racer but can hold its own in Sport mode. Taxes and fuel costs dissuaded me from the 3.0 and I don't feel I'm missing something day to day
Appreciate 0