BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
jbinbi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 35i

nav screen startup view preference?

I am baffled by this, and can't find the answer to this anywhere.

After first starting up, my nav screen will be in one of the following 3 modes:
a. full menus up , i have to select maps, radio, etc.
b. nav screen the way i use it normally and left it when i turned off the car, (split screen, nav screen not active for selection, icons on the left are not active)
c. split screen, but nav screen active (the icons of the left are bumped out and waiting for a selection, or need to push idrive to the RIGHT (this is counter intuitive, to make icons go to the LEFT) and give the whole screen back to viewing only

Many times it comes up in b, which is what I want. However, other times, a or c. It doesn't make a difference if I go in reverse first to back out. It also doesn't make a difference I think if I accept the disclaimer or just wait until it goes to the nav screeen.

Is there some place where there is a way to set a default choice?

BTW, i have programmed the number 8 button on the radio to give me selection b above, but bothers me when i have to do this. With all this compute power, you would think there is a way to do this. Hoping there is, and I have just been too stoopid to find it;-)
Appreciate 0