BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
Alanintx
ATAP
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Midnight Blue 430xi GC

SiriusXM Select to Premier upgrade SNAFU

Beware!

I picked up my leased X3 in early February. A one year subscription to Sirius XM was included as part of the deal. Works great, sounds great.

Yesterday I get a letter, cosigned by SiriusXM and BMWNA stating... It has come to our attention that your car was supposed to include "Sirius Premium" and you are only receiving "Sirius Select". Sirius Premium has some additional channels Including the Oprah Channel (oh Boy!), as well as some other I might listen to. So, I figured, if it was included, might as well go for it.

The letter went on to explain that I can activate it over the web, or call "Listener Care".

Tried the web with zero results.

Called "Listener Care" and nobody there knew anything about the letter or the upgrade. 20 minutes later I am still on the phone with them having read the letter 3 times citing the name of the SiriusXM Chief Service Officer that signed it.

Finally, I get a manager to OK the upgrade and I am informed there will only be a slight "upgrade charge" of $24.95. I think the word "ballistic" would be an appropriate description of my actions at that point.

So, 10 more minutes of escalation and the upgrade charge was waived.

....and now I have the Oprah channel.

Obviously, there was a lack of communication somewhere between BMWNA, SiriusXM, and their support folks. Somebody did not get the memo.

I post this so that I can set expectations for anybody else that receives the upgrade letter.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
tagz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 xDrive 35i

Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
RockyMntX35i
United_States
Rep
Drives: X35i

I also got the letter. Wasn't interested in the additional channels. I do love sat radio though.
Appreciate 0