BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
X3Bimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 X3 35i - %E2%80%9821 X3 M4

How do you delete a profile assigned to a remote key?

I have a key for our '13 X3 35i with two profiles that I would like to change to only one so that each key only had one and not two. Otherwise, you have to select between the two profiles each time...

I've referenced the owner's manual and the idrive options with no result.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

You must have the "display user list at start up" box check off in your idrive. Go to settings, profile and then option to un-check the box. Each key is only capable of storing one profile. What you are seeing is all the profile stored in your idrive. When you unlock the car with a certain fob, it will call up that profile automatically.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
CaptRon
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 35i

I am having the same trouble with my '14 X3 35i.

I can't get the car to switch profiles with different keys, so I did as you suggested and went to profiles, options. There is no "display user list at start up" on my screen.
The funny part is, the manual shows a picture of the screen with "display user list at start up" as the bottom line.

I am planning to go back to the dealer soon to have some of these tech things explained to me. Will let you know how I make out.

p. s.
I have been larking for the last month or two. Thanks to all for all of the great info.
Will do a newb intro soon.

CaptRon
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
davidk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i, 2018 M2

As X Men wrote, the key fob only stores one profile at a time. The profile in use when the vehicle is locked is the profile the key will store. The profile is activated, or recalled, when using the unlock button on the fob, whether or not the vehicle is locked. It may also be selected from the list in the profile menu. The profile list does not automaticaly appear when iDrive comes to life - you will have to select it from the menu. There may be a way to have it appear as soon as you start the vehicle, but I wouldn't count on it. Profiles may be deleted in the menu, but as soon as you lock your vehicle, the profile active at the time will be stored on the key used to lock the vehicle. This has been one of the most confusing, poorly documented features we have experienced with our 2013 28i. If it was not for this forum and many searches, it would still be a mystery. Your sales advisor may be able to offer some help, but this isn't something that can be figured out with a phone call - it really needs to be demonstrated.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
CaptRon
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 35i

I think I may have found at least part of the problem.

We park our car, unlocked, in a locked garage, and our seat presets and other things are about the same for now, so when I get in the car after my wife I use her settings.
When I exit the car it changes my profile to hers.
I think if we just start locking the car in the garage the car will recognize our profiles and everything will be ok.
The car is so new to us that we haven't really started to build our profiles yet, but I want to understand how things work before I start.

I guess if we had ordered "Comfort Access System", we wouldn't have this problem.
Appreciate 0