BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-16-2014, 03:19 PM   #155
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x3 2.0d

haha.. i remember those days back in 2011 .. took longer for the x3 to arrive than my newborn!

partly why i decided to stick with my pre LCI for a good while longer... if it ain't broke, why fix it

residuals are still pretty good as well according to WBAC..
      09-16-2014, 04:35 PM   #156
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude00 View Post
haha.. i remember those days back in 2011 .. took longer for the x3 to arrive than my newborn!
It would be hard for you to forget, Mate - remember this post?

Who's that at #2 after sfax?

And cumbrianlad - you're in there too making a late appearance at #47

Just spotted clivem2 at #35 as well.

Last edited by TuffLittleUnit; 09-16-2014 at 04:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 02:18 AM   #157
PX3
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 / F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude00 View Post

partly why i decided to stick with my pre LCI for a good while longer... if it ain't broke, why fix it

residuals are still pretty good as well according to WBAC..
Not sure I would believe what WBAC state, but judging by what the prices are for the Pre LCI at dealers I would imagine their price is holding up quite well.
I would almost be interested in knowing what they would offer as a part ex value. Although like you, I would almost be changing it purely for the sake of it. Although I would like to try out the new 2.0D engine.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 05:45 AM   #158
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Interesting posts re delivery times

I ordered mine in July with a delivery date of March 15

Mine is coming direct from BMW not through the dealer network and the sales guy seems very switched on and straight .. So I tend to believe the lead times from him.

interestingly I was chatting to a local dealer the other day and they said they had one cancelled build slot for November which all the sales guys were fighting over .. that would give a delivery date of January I reckon. in the same conversation the guy said that new factory orders were May/June 15 for delivery.

As regard to WBAC they are owned by British Car Auctions I believe and their prices are a fair representation of trade values ... I am checking regularly as to how much my current car is dropping by

All in all if the new order and delivery in December is true ... well done that man !

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack

Last edited by Andy_o; 09-17-2014 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: speeling :)
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 06:08 AM   #159
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

My 35D was ordered late May and is scheduled for a week 42 build (w/e 17th Oct). This is the latest info as of today. That's about 6 months to delivery or more likely 7 months (Dec?).
      09-17-2014, 09:24 AM   #160
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

I ordered beginning of May and currently have middle of October build.. believe it when I see it :-)
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #161
cumbrianlad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
It would be hard for you to forget, Mate - remember this post?

Who's that at #2 after sfax?

And cumbrianlad - you're in there too making a late appearance at #47

Just spotted clivem2 at #35 as well.
And three years on not a lot has changed! As I recall mine was ordered in May 11 and I was given a production date of March 12. Fortunately (for me!) someone cancelled their order with my dealer and I got his slot which moved delivery to Dec 11.

I'm sure the wait will be worth it!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 04:42 PM   #162
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0d M Sport

I ordered mid July and was quoted dec/jan by three different dealers, the dealer I bought from is saying 31st jan 15 delivery, maybe a couple of weeks earlier.

Interestingly I was looking at the x4 too and they were quoting September delivery for a July order.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 04:02 AM   #163
fetcs
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW Serie 3

Hello,

For info : here in Belgium, mine was ordered in 06/May and I picked it up at 09/Sep.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #164
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

Any other UKers expecting delivery soon - before Christmas? Not seen many on the road - think I saw one and that is it.. Want to see some pics of Black with Mocha Interior.. also want to see some proper pics of the copper finish of the X-line trim...
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 12:10 PM   #165
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

My local dealer has an se spec car and an x line too, still no m sport yet. Frustratingly they had a space grey m sport as I saw in one lunchtime when passing it, but it must have been a customer order as it's not in the showroom.

Not yet seen an m sport on the road
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 12:19 PM   #166
pymoor
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 Space Grey

Lead times

I have been reading this forum over the last few months with avid interest.

So I thought I would add me story

BMW X3 had appeared on our choice list of company cars last year, my Volvo V70 was up for renewal this year, main reason for coming away from Volvo was towing capacity with the Geartronic gearbox.

Choice was made on May 27th to my Fleet Manager, I would guess quote requests went out immediately and received and sign off by appropriate people first week of June.

Model Ordered
BMW X3 SE Xdrive Steptronic in Space Grey
Oyster Interior
Professional Navigation
Electric Towbar

I have read with dread some of the lead times quoted not only on here but in the media, but the good news is mine will be delivered to my Head Office on October 1st, so order to delivery 16-17 weeks.

So don't despair quicker than you think!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 12:41 PM   #167
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pymoor View Post
I have been reading this forum over the last few months with avid interest.

So I thought I would add me story

BMW X3 had appeared on our choice list of company cars last year, my Volvo V70 was up for renewal this year, main reason for coming away from Volvo was towing capacity with the Geartronic gearbox.

Choice was made on May 27th to my Fleet Manager, I would guess quote requests went out immediately and received and sign off by appropriate people first week of June.

Model Ordered
BMW X3 SE Xdrive Steptronic in Space Grey
Oyster Interior
Professional Navigation
Electric Towbar

I have read with dread some of the lead times quoted not only on here but in the media, but the good news is mine will be delivered to my Head Office on October 1st, so order to delivery 16-17 weeks.

So don't despair quicker than you think!!!

Congratulations .... What was the original lead time you were quoted?

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 12:49 PM   #168
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northandy View Post
My local dealer has an se spec car and an x line too, still no m sport yet. Frustratingly they had a space grey m sport as I saw in one lunchtime when passing it, but it must have been a customer order as it's not in the showroom.

Not yet seen an m sport on the road

They do seem rare although X4's seem to be around in fair numbers both my local dealers have an x4 msport sitting in the showroom and a demo on the road but neither have any x3 models either as showroom or demo cars

When I spoke to them they said that people had held off ordering the x4 until they had seen it in the flesh whereas they had plenty order the x3 unseen

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 03:17 PM   #169
pymoor
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Congratulations .... What was the original lead time you were quoted?
To be honest I didn't have a lead time quoted, to get our fleet manager to do anything above and beyond as little as possible is a struggle.
I was expecting 24-26 weeks minimum, so just goes to show plan for the worse then when it turns up early it's a bonus.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 03:20 PM   #170
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
They do seem rare although X4's seem to be around in fair numbers both my local dealers have an x4 msport sitting in the showroom and a demo on the road but neither have any x3 models either as showroom or demo cars

When I spoke to them they said that people had held off ordering the x4 until they had seen it in the flesh whereas they had plenty order the x3 unseen
2 separate dealers told me they had been given x4 demos by BMW as people just weren't ordering them.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 07:16 PM   #171
Akers
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 MSport 2.0 Auto

Dec delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy
Any other UKers expecting delivery soon - before Christmas? Not seen many on the road - think I saw one and that is it.. Want to see some pics of Black with Mocha Interior.. also want to see some proper pics of the copper finish of the X-line trim...
I ordered mine in June, originally expected October/November now dealer says it'll be last wk of December but might come a bit early. Have only seen a couple on the roads both SE, yet to see a xline. Mine is black with Ivory white interior and fine light wood trims, sunroof, xenon hl,rev camera . Can't wait to get delivery..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 01:56 AM   #172
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northandy View Post
2 separate dealers told me they had been given x4 demos by BMW as people just weren't ordering them.

That would seem to corelate to what I have seen ... At least from the front it looks like an x3 so if you forget the back end it can give a good idea

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 07:51 AM   #173
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep
Drives: around: in: circles:

Garage List
Wow, reading this thread and seeing the extended waiting times makes me realise how lucky we've been....

We went into our local dealership last saturday to spec up an X1 for my wife. She'd test driven an X1 before we got our F20 so was happy with the way it drives and was pretty sure about what spec she wanted - X1 XDrive 2.0d Xline trim, automatic, oyster leather, sat nav, comfort access, sun protection glass, etc.… All was going OK until she asked if they had an X1 in that trim level around so she could see/feel/sit in it. There was one on the stock list but no-one knew exactly where it was (they have several storage lots around the dealership), so off goes the salesman in search of the missing X1…

While he was gone, I started wandering around the showroom looking at the cars (as you do) and found a Carbon Black X3 LCI 2.0d MSport auto – I thought it was their demonstrator and had a good look over it and it was really nice inside. It wasn’t ‘fully loaded’ by any means, and was missing Xenons, but had lots of kit as standard and the panoramic sunroof meant the interior wasn't too dark even with black leather.

Whilst looking it over I was chatting to one of the salesladies who’d been trying to help locate the X1 and she said that the X3 was unregistered as it was a cancelled order that had just arrived. My wife came over to see what I was looking at and cooed at the X3, admired the colour, sat in it... and fell in love...

By then they'd located the X1, so off we went to see it… my wife looked at it, then looked in it and her face just sunk… 20 minutes earlier she’d have loved it but, after the X3, it was a bit of a let-down, so…. on our way back to the showroom, I broached the subject of the X3 with the salesman… we had a chat about figures… they moved another two cars out of the way so they could get it out of the showroom for a test drive… Drives very well for a truck, the wife’s smitten… so back to the showroom and half an hour later the paperwork’s all done and we're picking it up next Saturday...

Here's the wife with the new baby just after the test drive

Last edited by PerryGunn; 09-25-2014 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: Add photos
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #174
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That would seem to corelate to what I have seen ... At least from the front it looks like an x3 so if you forget the back end it can give a good idea
I ordered my x3 based on driving the x4 as it was a 3.0d engine I wanted. I'd have ordered an x4 but I couldn't stomach the extra £7k for a like for like spec over an x3 (I got a 4.5k discount on the x3 but best offer on an x4 was £1k)
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 12:16 PM   #175
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryGunn View Post
Wow, reading this thread and seeing the extended waiting times makes me realise how lucky we've been....

We went into our local dealership last saturday to spec up an X1 for my wife. She'd test driven an X1 before we got our F20 so was happy with the way it drives and was pretty sure about what spec she wanted - X1 XDrive 2.0d Xline trim, automatic, oyster leather, sat nav, comfort access, sun protection glass, etc.… All was going OK until she asked if they had an X1 in that trim level around so she could see/feel/sit in it. There was one on the stock list but no-one knew exactly where it was (they have several storage lots around the dealership), so off goes the salesman in search of the missing X1…

While he was gone, I started wandering around the showroom looking at the cars (as you do) and found a Carbon Black X3 LCI 2.0d MSport auto – I thought it was their demonstrator and had a good look over it and it was really nice inside. It wasn’t ‘fully loaded’ by any means, and was missing Xenons, but had lots of kit as standard and the panoramic sunroof meant the interior wasn't too dark even with black leather.

Whilst looking it over I was chatting to one of the salesladies who’d been trying to help locate the X1 and she said that the X3 was unregistered as it was a cancelled order that had just arrived. My wife came over to see what I was looking at and cooed at the X3, admired the colour, sat in it... and fell in love...

By then they'd located the X1, so off we went to see it… my wife looked at it, then looked in it and her face just sunk… 20 minutes earlier she’d have loved it but, after the X3, it was a bit of a let-down, so…. on our way back to the showroom, I broached the subject of the X3 with the salesman… we had a chat about figures… they moved another two cars out of the way so they could get it out of the showroom for a test drive… Drives very well for a truck, the wife’s smitten… so back to the showroom and half an hour later the paperwork’s all done and we're picking it up next Saturday...

Here's the wife with the new baby just after the test drive

The x1 is overdue a facelift for me, but that x3 in carbon looks great. Still 4 months till my car shows up.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 02:43 PM   #176
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
that's very nice, and a very lucky lady standing next to the new car. Incredible fortune to land on a cancelled order like that

Only 5 months till I get mine now !!

Appreciate 0