BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-27-2020, 09:43 AM   #1
BMWfan73
Lord of Glencoe
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 xDrive35i M-Sport

How to update?

After creating a new ConnectedDrive account since purchasing my 2015 x3, I placed an order for the RTTI and ConnectedDrive services (still not really clear on what that is, exactly as the website is very lacking in details - I know what the RTTI is, though). Anyhow, it's been over 24 hours and I have not seen traffic information show up on the nav. There were no instructions on what I should do. I checked the nav and traffic info is checked. Am I supposed to update in idrive somewhere? Also, can anyone shed more detailed light on what I'm actually getting or enabling with the $50/yr subscription to ConnectedDrive? Thanks!
      09-27-2020, 10:09 AM   #2
MichiganMike
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2016 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
It may take a couple days for your ConnectedDrive Services account to be activated and to receive the email confirmation. I activated my account on a Friday and did not receive confirmation until Monday. If your subscription for ConnectedDrive was properly completed, you should receive an email from "CustomerCare @ BMWAssist" similar to the one below.

"Thank you for booking the following services at BMW ConnectedDrive:

Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information

You will be able to use this/these service(s) in your BMW with the Vehicle Identification Number [VIN deleted] shortly.

We recommend performing an Update Services in your vehicle to refresh the connection.
This can be done by following the steps below:
Depending on your vehicle’s Model Year and Make, navigate to “BMW Assist”, “ConnectedDrive” or “Apps” using your iDrive controller.

Under BMW Assist or ConnectedDrive:
- Open “Options” (physical button surrounding your iDrive controller).
- Click on “Update BMW Assist”.

Under Apps:
- Click on “All Apps”.
- Open “Options” (physical button surrounding your iDrive controller)
- Click on “Update apps and services”

Once the update completes, we then recommend shutting the vehicle off and allowing a few minutes before restarting the vehicle to check the connection."
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 11:07 AM   #3
BMWfan73
Lord of Glencoe
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 xDrive35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganMike View Post
It may take a couple days for your ConnectedDrive Services account to be activated and to receive the email confirmation. I activated my account on a Friday and did not receive confirmation until Monday. If your subscription for ConnectedDrive was properly completed, you should receive an email from "CustomerCare @ BMWAssist" similar to the one below.

"Thank you for booking the following services at BMW ConnectedDrive:

Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information

You will be able to use this/these service(s) in your BMW with the Vehicle Identification Number [VIN deleted] shortly.

We recommend performing an Update Services in your vehicle to refresh the connection.
This can be done by following the steps below:
Depending on your vehicle's Model Year and Make, navigate to "BMW Assist", "ConnectedDrive" or "Apps" using your iDrive controller.

Under BMW Assist or ConnectedDrive:
- Open "Options" (physical button surrounding your iDrive controller).
- Click on "Update BMW Assist".

Under Apps:
- Click on "All Apps".
- Open "Options" (physical button surrounding your iDrive controller)
- Click on "Update apps and services"

Once the update completes, we then recommend shutting the vehicle off and allowing a few minutes before restarting the vehicle to check the connection."
I received the email and followed the instructions. However, when I go into BMW Online in connecteddrive it says "The BMW ConnectedDrive store is no longer available in this vehicle." and just displays a big QR code with "Subscribe or renew your services at..." and gives the web address. Isn't Spotify connection supposed to be in the ConnectedDrive Services package along with sending Google maps directions to the nav, etc.? Also under BMW Apps in ConnectedDrive the only choice is Connection Assistant. If I go there it says "BMW Apps ready" connect device via USB. Am I supposed to connect my phone (OnePlus 6T) via USB to the port in the armrest?
      09-27-2020, 11:41 AM   #4
MichiganMike
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2016 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
In my experience it may take up to a couple days for BMW ConnectedDrive to be activated on your vehicle after you subscribe. When you log in online at "connecteddrive.bmwusa.com", what subscribed services are shown?

If you have questions, I suggest you contact BMW Customer Services directly as shown on the BMWUSA Connected Drive web page.

"Should you have any questions about BMW ConnectedDrive in your vehicle, on the Internet or on your smartphone, please contact BMW Customer Support.

You can reach us

by email: customercare@bmwassist.com

by phone: 1-888-333-6118 (24 hours a day, 365 days a year)."
Appreciate 0