BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
ZGMF20A SF
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alpine White X3

smart phone integration/bmw app

Does anyone know if it is possible to retrofit these options to the car? The fact is, the new iphone 5 will be out soon and I don't want to get it now and than have to retro-fit again.

what does the bmw app do anyway?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 05:04 AM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

No retrofit available for the F25 as yet but retrofit kits for smartphone integration and BMW Apps are available for X5/X6, so I would expect them to become available. You'll probably have to wait about a year after the release of the iPhone 5 before the correct cradle becomes available for it (it took a year for BMW to bring out the media cradle for the iPhone 4). I am keeping an eye out for retrofit kits and will post a new thread if I see one

As for what BMW Apps does, not that much yet but potentially a lot as more apps get developed. "6NR" on this forum for more info

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0