BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
TrikinCurt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Mineral Silver

Confirmed Production Date?

Okay, driving myself a bit crazy calling the 800# for status (since I have heard it is updated before the website). It still says confirmed production with no confirmed production date. I have received an email from BMW that my PCD date is April 26th.

Is it normal to not have a production date at this point?

Oh, and my CA switched to a new BMW dealer so I am also nervous about anyone keeping me up to date now!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

I'm not completely sure what you're trying to ask. Are you saying that your estimated PCD date is on April 26 but they still haven't given you a start of production date? If so I don't have any experience with PCD but since it's at their plant in SC perhaps give them a week between production completion and PCD. The start of production til completion seems to take roughly a week so your car would probably start production in the week of April 12th.

For the most part if BMW them self has sent you an email with a estimated date then you probably don't have to worry since it's already in the system. I understand it can get a little nerve-racking due to the vagueness of the production status and especially your CA switching to another dealer. The best thing to do would be for you to contact your dealer and have another CA take up your order so you can be informed during the process. Also having another CA take over your order has an added benefit of knowing someone to talk to if anything with your car ever goes wrong and during future purchases they might be more inclined to give you a larger discount knowing that you're a loyal, returning customer.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
jaymk5
Bheem (Powerful and Fearful)
United_States
Rep
Drives: "OnOrder" BMW X3 35i SpaceGray

Just to give you an idea, mine was showing up as on-order without production date until 1 week before it actually started production. It started production on 3/16 11:49 and completed production on 3/24 20:11 (today), so total of 9 days. So keep checking the website when you are two weeks before PCD date and you should be good to go. As Beyu mentioned since you got the invitation for PCD on 26th from BMW itself, they will certainly make sure that you vehicle is ready by then.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #4
wagsoja
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrikinCurt View Post
Okay, driving myself a bit crazy calling the 800# for status (since I have heard it is updated before the website). It still says confirmed production with no confirmed production date. I have received an email from BMW that my PCD date is April 26th.

Is it normal to not have a production date at this point?

Oh, and my CA switched to a new BMW dealer so I am also nervous about anyone keeping me up to date now!
The 800 number is always ahead of the website. If your production completion date (assuming that is what PCD means) then your production should start around April 20th. I never got any email about a PCD from BMW. The only email I got was when my production video was available. I was lucky as production started one week after I ordered.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 01:05 AM   #5
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

PCD stands for performance center delivery where you pick up the car yourself, check out the plant, and drive on the track with an instructor.

Don't want to start a new thread but does anyone know if BMW transports cars to dealerships on a fixed date/week every month or is it on a completion date basis? I just found out my completion date is going to be on 3/29 and wanted to see if it's delivery time is dependent on completion date or the shipment of a pre-scheduled batch of cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 07:14 AM   #6
bekind
Private
Rep
Drives: x3 35i

You guys mind sharing the 800#? We have one on order and are being told it is in a 111 status (Order accepted at AG - no idea what this means). However we still do not have a production date. Was thinking the 800# may be able to provide a bit more accurate information...
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 07:43 AM   #7
loatron
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F25 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekind View Post
You guys mind sharing the 800#? We have one on order and are being told it is in a 111 status (Order accepted at AG - no idea what this means). However we still do not have a production date. Was thinking the 800# may be able to provide a bit more accurate information...
To check on the status of your order, call BMW NA at 1-800-831-1117.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index...duction_Status
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 10:40 AM   #8
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Didn't know this until I called in to the 800 number yesterday but it does in fact give more info than the online tracker. The phone number also gives you a estimated completion date whereas the website does not.
Appreciate 0