BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-05-2014, 08:55 AM   #1
BMW-X
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i coupe

Missing office and Apps on 2015 X3

I just picked up my new X3 at Welt in Munich, and it is currently missing office and BMW apps. At Welt they told me that this was the way they were coming in now, and I just needed to go to the dealership. When I went to the dealership they keep telling me to go to the connected drive site to register and it will then appear on the vehicle after. Of course I go to this site and there is no place to register. So now they are currently contacting Munich to figure out what to do. But it is really pissing me off since I paid for this software, and the simple fix is to just reinstall the software but no one is willing to do so. Has anyone who has picked up a new X3 had this issue?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 12:18 PM   #2
AnandS
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3

I had this happen on a 2012 X1. In my case the dealer needed to upgrade the car's software, then activate connected drive.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 07:22 PM   #3
ecsw
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 x3 xdrive 28i

Sorry to bring back an old thread.

I am also missing Office from my ConnectedDrive service which according to manual, should have Office that can reply email/text messages from iDrive.

Talked to the tech from dealer and he said he only seen it working with his friend's M3 but his friend may had a Blackberry phone. iDrive OS is QNX based which works better with Blackberry which I understand. But I have a BlackBerry Passport and tried Q10 and Android 4.42 (my personal phone) and none of them shows Office as Bluetooth options.

My Tech told me he can try re-flash the iDrive, but it will take up to 3 hours to do so.

Anyone has Office successfully working on your X3? If so, what phone are you using?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 10:01 PM   #4
ND40oz
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Do you have option 6NS in your build? I'm not sure about the Canadian vehicles, but BMW made it a separate $500 option in the US. If you don't spec it, you just get option 6AK with the Tech package.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 01:16 AM   #5
ecsw
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 x3 xdrive 28i

I have
6AC BMW Emergency Call
6AE BMW TeleService
6AK BMW Online
6AM ARTTI
6AN Concierge Service
6AP Remote Services
6AR Internet
6NH USB Integration with Bluetooth

You are right, 6NS seem to be the advanced BT. But it seem strange as my 6NH can stream music and show album art via BT no problem.

My bro had 6NS option, I will give it a try next time I see him for sure. But that's another disappointment if I really need 6NS to be able to do that....

My Blackberry actually shows a BMW logo when connected via BT which shows SMS/Email as an option on the screen...

Last edited by ecsw; 03-18-2015 at 01:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 11:22 AM   #6
JSY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
I have the Enhanced Bluetooth and Smartphone Integration option here in the US. I think all that includes is the ability to connect a second phone for phone calls and also the email/sms read/reply. Oh, they also put that smartphone cradle bracket (not the cradle itself) that I have no use for in the armrest which I would rather not have as it takes up space, but oh well.

Anyway, I have a weird set up. I have my iphone connected through USB for the apps, etc., but I also have my android phone connected via Bluetooth for phone calls. So, when I check emails and calendar, I see them from my iPhone. When I send and receive SMS, it goes through my Android phone. It's actually exactly the way I want it as my work emails and calendar come through my iPhone and I use my Android as my personal daily phone, but I reckon most people have one phone connected to their setup.

I did connect my Android via USB once and if I recall, I also saw my emails and calendar from that phone as well, but I use my iPhone primarily because the apps selection on the iOS for BMW Apps is much better. My Android is my main phone for calls.

Not sure if this is helpful since you are on Blackberry, but this is my experience.

One thing that annoys me, though - is that I can't seem to create text messages using the iDrive dial or even voice dictation - UNLESS it's using the Dragon dictation software that is in the iDrive Office. You get 60 days trial with it and afterwards you'll have to pay - but why am I not able to just send simple messages using the dial if I didn't want to use the Dragon software?? Or it would have been nice if the BMW voice recognition system could receive dictations... So, after my trial ends - I won't be sending any SMS from my car anymore.
Appreciate 0