BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
sard
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

If you have used baby car seats with the LATCH hooks please look

Hi. I had already posted this, but didn't get very much feedback as I'm sure there are a lot of people who have used car seats in their X3's with the LATCH buckles. The buckles themselves are wide so it would make sense it pushes the leather apart, but..

Anyone who has used a car seat with the LATCH system, can you take the car seat out and sitting in one of the front seats, looking back, are your hooks exposed as much as this? First picture is where I briefly (as in 1-2 days had a seat base only attached). Second photo is the other side that has not had any car seats.

E92 M3 - DCT - 20" BBS LM-R - KW Clubsport - Akrapovic Exhaust - Powerchip Tune - Arkym Aero Kit - HID Halo
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
lhsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: kia

mine don't stick out so far, even with car seats installed for weeks.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
W3dge
Private
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 2.0D

I wouldn't settle for that. Looks dodgy. Take it back.
Space Grey, Wheels, Doors and a boot, Pushy Finance Person pack (with optional walk out of dealer mode), Professional Medium Pack, Fully Eclectic Towbar, Autocratic Gearbox, Sporty seats, Heated Arguments, Reversing Assist Camera with Top View, BMW signature sills, Panoramic Glass Roof, have you considered the Pushy Finance Person Pack? ETD 22/12/2012
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #4
sard
Major
Rep

Ok thanks guys. I guess it doesn't help my 310 lb friend sat back there. God damn it.

E92 M3 - DCT - 20" BBS LM-R - KW Clubsport - Akrapovic Exhaust - Powerchip Tune - Arkym Aero Kit - HID Halo
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 01:07 AM   #5
Penso di no
lapsed
Rep
Drives: Yes

No, no it doesn't.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #6
Tauvil
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i - Black Sapphire

So having been almost a week, I'm guessing you don't see the latches anymore? I've noticed it takes a while for the backrests to regain their composure after you take the seats out ... but they always do. I have over 11K miles on mine and the car seats sometimes stay in for weeks at a time but whenever I take them out they look like your first picture for the next 24 hours, then like your second picture. Every time.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #7
sard
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauvil View Post
So having been almost a week, I'm guessing you don't see the latches anymore? I've noticed it takes a while for the backrests to regain their composure after you take the seats out ... but they always do. I have over 11K miles on mine and the car seats sometimes stay in for weeks at a time but whenever I take them out they look like your first picture for the next 24 hours, then like your second picture. Every time.
Mine hasn't improved at all. The douchebag at the dealer just said it's normal. Whatevers. Are you looking at a low enough angle (like from the driver's seat turning your head over your right shoulder?

Appreciate 0