BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-22-2014, 05:00 PM   #265
Bramblings
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2015 awaited....September..

I am most impressed by the usefulness of the panoramic 180 degree view from the front or rear cameras and particularly by the yellow alert it shows warning of approaching vehicles from the right or left. This has proved extremely useful when emerging from driveways or junctions with poor visibility. No need to creep right out into the road before you can see, just get the nose out and switch on the camera - it automatically selects the correct view according to whether you are driving or backing and if anything is moving towards you the appropriate side of the screen turns yellow with a warning triangle showing. Obviously you still have to take care but it does give you some confidence that you can emerge safely. Good stuff BMW.
Also I've discovered that in addition to moving the steering wheel, the engine auto stop/restart will operate if the auto gear change paddle shift (up or down) is used.
I also love the ability to plan a trip on Google Maps and then send it to the car automatically and have it waiting for me when I get in. Really useful.
All in all I'm delighted with my car, it's my first BMW and I'm not disappointed so far.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 03:50 PM   #266
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Trouble is the opposite for me ! The longer I wait I think why am I bothering and each time I take mine for a good run I do start to think why am I selling it

It better be bloody good
I think it's partly as my car was bought to cover miles cheaply when I was commuting 110 miles a day, it's had far too many warranty repairs including 5 weeks off the road having a timing chain replacement. I'll be glad to see the back of it.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 04:14 PM   #267
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northandy View Post
I think it's partly as my car was bought to cover miles cheaply when I was commuting 110 miles a day, it's had far too many warranty repairs including 5 weeks off the road having a timing chain replacement. I'll be glad to see the back of it.
Just landed in Galway after driving from the north of England ... Great on the dark country roads across Ireland tonight .. Excellent overtaking ability .. Easy ground covering pace.. Excellent comfort

Makes me realise why I bought it .. The x3 has a lot to live up to

Maybe I should have ordered a 30d ... Mmmm I wonder how much extra per month that would be over the 20d

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 10:34 PM   #268
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblings View Post
I am most impressed by the usefulness of the panoramic 180 degree view from the front or rear cameras and particularly by the yellow alert it shows warning of approaching vehicles from the right or left. This has proved extremely useful when emerging from driveways or junctions with poor visibility. No need to creep right out into the road before you can see, just get the nose out and switch on the camera - it automatically selects the correct view according to whether you are driving or backing and if anything is moving towards you the appropriate side of the screen turns yellow with a warning triangle showing. Obviously you still have to take care but it does give you some confidence that you can emerge safely. Good stuff BMW.
Also I've discovered that in addition to moving the steering wheel, the engine auto stop/restart will operate if the auto gear change paddle shift (up or down) is used.
I also love the ability to plan a trip on Google Maps and then send it to the car automatically and have it waiting for me when I get in. Really useful.
All in all I'm delighted with my car, it's my first BMW and I'm not disappointed so far.
This is really useful enjoying it every bit and very smart, calculates tigh space you are in and shows appropriate view to Navigate out of.

For me the nice surprise is how good the HIFi option is, I am no audiophile but don't see the need for the Harmon Kardon, The HiFI is really crisp and bass is banging best stereo ever had on Any car.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 10:59 PM   #269
gc3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 x35i

I used the cruise control for the first time yesterday, and noticed a tiny little orange indicator displays in the outer ring of the speedometer to show the speed as set. Cute....
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #270
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc3 View Post
I used the cruise control for the first time yesterday, and noticed a tiny little orange indicator displays in the outer ring of the speedometer to show the speed as set. Cute....
Noticed it today really cool like the scroll button to change speed dynamically
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 11:56 AM   #271
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

Wow !! This is one of the best threads. Learnt a lot today going through these threads.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #272
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Today noticed the front screen defrost also defrosts the front windows, pretty cool!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 09:13 PM   #273
xdriv3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
Today noticed the front screen defrost also defrosts the front windows, pretty cool!
Can you elaborate? Front screen vs front windows?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 10:51 PM   #274
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdriv3 View Post
Wait a minute!! What do mean by front windows ?
It rains a lot where I stay. So there is always reduced visibility in the side mirrors since they have these rain droplets and mote than that, the side front windows are all with water droplets too making it near impossible to see while doing a lane change/turning.

I almost jumped on what you said but please elaborate.
Anup.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 10:53 PM   #275
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdriv3 View Post
Windscreen and front passenger and driver windows when mist builds up inside the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 07:49 AM   #276
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Car roll off - intervention.
I noticed one today - here's the scenario.

The car was in "D", the driver door was open and I thought I will just start the car and line up a bit - about 5 seconds of driving, the car automatically hard braked and stopped with the cluster saying - Car roll off sensed or something like that.
While I understood what it did, it wasn't what it was supposed to do though
Its perfectly natural to open your door slightly, drive at 1 or 2 mph to see if you are aligned to the parking mark - but the car sensed that it was getting rolled off with no one on board and applied brakes.
Intelligent and I will appreciate it when it is actually in that scenario.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 11:14 AM   #277
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

At least in the X4 not sure about the X3 LCI (someone can confirm) the rear dome light softly lightens up in Amber/red yet when door closed and car moving. (I don't have lights pack) The light bounces off pretty nicely of my beige interior very cool luxurious effect.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 08:34 AM   #278
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Noticed when on phone via Bluetooth the songs in your media ie USB or CD is paused, when done with the call it continues from where you left off.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 08:55 AM   #279
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Noticed when on phone via Bluetooth the songs in your media ie USB or CD is paused, when done with the call it continues from where you left off.
Hmph....sometimes. For some reason when the nav is guiding me it doesn't always do this.
      12-30-2014, 09:07 AM   #280
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
Hmph....sometimes. For some reason when the nav is guiding me it doesn't always do this.
Interesting this is LCI version? I will also test if Bluetooth audio works the same way on the same phone?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 09:13 AM   #281
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Interesting this is LCI version? I will also test if Bluetooth audio works the same way on the same phone?
Yes it's the LCI, must be a software issue.
      12-30-2014, 09:15 AM   #282
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep
Drives: around: in: circles:

Garage List
PDC comes on automatically when you start the car....

Initially I was puzzled because, when starting the car and moving forward out of our driveway, the PDC would start beeping - initially I thought that, as the PDC had been on when reversing into the driveway, it had maintained it's 'on' state while the ignition was off.

Further testing has shown that whenever you start the car and start to move forwards it turns on the PDC, if it doesn't detect anything it turns off without changing the iDrive display, if it does detect something it pops up the normal PDC display on the iDrive - ours was picking up the brick pillars either side of the driveway

Very useful that....
      12-30-2014, 09:17 AM   #283
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryGunn View Post
PDC comes on automatically when you start the car....

Initially I was puzzled because, when starting the car and moving forward out of our driveway, the PDC would start beeping - initially I thought that, as the PDC had been on when reversing into the driveway, it had maintained it's 'on' state while the ignition was off.

Further testing has shown that whenever you start the car and start to move forwards it turns on the PDC, if it doesn't detect anything it turns off without changing the iDrive display, if it does detect something it pops up the normal PDC display on the iDrive - ours was picking up the brick pillars either side of the driveway

Very useful that....
Mine shows the Surround view cameras in same circumstances pretty neat!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 09:37 AM   #284
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
Yes it's the LCI, must be a software issue.
I don't have Nav maybe it's a Nav peculiarity. Do you have cool rear dome light I explained in above post in the X3 LCI at night?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 10:36 AM   #285
JSY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
I just picked up my 2015 35i and still finding out new things that I didn't anticipate. Some mentioned by others already:

-Ambient lighting change option
-Wide view for the rear camera to see oncoming traffic
-Satellite Radio graphic logos
-Sport/Comfort/EcoPro modes - I didn't have this in my previous 35i
Color in the HUD showing exit graphics
-USB lighter socket charger with 2 USB ports - not sure if it was an accessory they just threw in, but it was nice since there is only one USB port now.

Interesting that even though I saw it in the pictures, my headrests don't have an embossed X on them. Is that a MSport thing?

Really in love with the car right now.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 10:51 AM   #286
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSY View Post
I just picked up my 2015 35i and still finding out new things that I didn't anticipate. Some mentioned by others already:

-Ambient lighting change option
-Wide view for the rear camera to see oncoming traffic
-Satellite Radio graphic logos
-Sport/Comfort/EcoPro modes - I didn't have this in my previous 35i
Color in the HUD showing exit graphics
-USB lighter socket charger with 2 USB ports - not sure if it was an accessory they just threw in, but it was nice since there is only one USB port now.

Interesting that even though I saw it in the pictures, my headrests don't have an embossed X on them. Is that a MSport thing?

Really in love with the car right now.
Embossed comes on certain leather Xline configurations not all ég mine is beige xline not embossed X.
Appreciate 0