BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #1343
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

I thought I would amble over to the German BMW site and see what their configurator has to offer …

Have you ever looked?

They don’t have any “packages” … everything is an optional extra!

… even to disable the passenger air bag (40 Euro).

Comparing the spec I built for my UK 35D and one I built on the DE site shows them basically the same … however, there are some codes that don’t show up in the UK build which do on the DE build which I find kind of curious …

Auto Start Stop function – 1CC
Brake Energy Regeneration – 1CD
Headlight washers – 502

Additionally ...

Navigation system Professional with integrated Bluetooth mobile phone preparation – 7SP

shows up on the DE build in along with 609, 633 & 6NL (which do show up on both the DE and UK build).

I thought the UK models were all Start/Stop & Regeneration?
Call me naïve, but I am also assuming the UK models have headlight washers ... that is that correct isn't it?

... so why aren't the codes on the order?

... or are some codes implied for a delivery country and don't show up on the order?

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 04:30 AM   #1344
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR40X3 View Post
Swf....my apologies, sure you have said but what external colour did you go for? Had an X5 in the past, that was black ext with beige leather - now that was lovely. There's a lot to be said for a lighter interior.
Have gone for the Black Sapphire exterior. Beige would look nice, but we are sticking to the Satin Silver finish so dont know how that and the Beige would go.
My visit to the dealer today afternoon might answer few of these questions I guess.

I do agree with all of the posts that have said that the Pro Nav is more than just a traditional Sat Nav and offers much more not to mention holding its value (along with the Metallic Paint and Auto) but still cannot get my head around 2.5K

Richard - welcome to the forum and good to see a few people now waiting for their cars. sharing the excitement makes the hours go slightly faster.

Horsey, good write up and seems like you have spent a lot of time and effort. very useful.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #1345
plob
Private
Rep
Drives: 650i GC

Hi all
Now that I’ve had a couple of days to get used to my new car, I thought I’d post a quick write up of my experiences and opinion of the car (and the options I bought). I hope you find them interesting.
Typically, it was raining when I picked up my car. Straight on to the motorway in the rush hour traffic and, 30 minutes later, it needs a wash - typical.

Engine/box:-
I bought the 30d variant and I’m so glad I did. It makes the car effortless to drive with more power than I was expecting on the open roads. The engine note is good too - kind of a growl.
The auto gearbox is wonderful. It is difficult to notice the gear changes unless you listen to the engine note change slightly or see the rev counter dip. The revs stay at around 1500 which I guess is the most efficient. The gear selection lever takes a little getting used to as it is not like a regular auto box selection lever. Now that I have got used to it – I like it.
The only slight complaint about the box is a short delay in the drive taking up when moving off from a standstill. This has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum and, whilst noticeable, I’m not concerned by it. Once I am moving, all gear changes are quick and smooth.

Auto start/stop:-
This is the first car I have driven with this feature. It feels strange at first but is easy to get used to. I discovered (by reading the excellent manual accessible via the iDrive) that I can prevent the engine stopping at any given time by pressing the brake pedal harder just after I come to a stop.
It is worth reading the manual to understand all the features of this function – including times when the engine won’t stop automatically (e.g. when the engine is cold, when facing uphill etc.)
When I release the brake, the engine starts promptly and it ready to go by the time my foot starts to press the accelerator.

Cruise control:-
This works well. I particularly like the little marker that whizzes round the periphery of the speedometer when I turn it on. It is easy to change the target speed using the thimb wheel on the steering wheel.
One only thing I noticed is that cruise control seems to affect the regeneration when coasting. Without the cruise control on, I can see the ‘efficient dynamics’ legend come on in the control display when coasting or going downhill. With cruise control on, I assume that the system brakes for me when going downhill so I don’t see the ‘efficient dynamics’ display doing its thing.

Fuel efficiency:-
So far so good. I mainly do town driving and I’m getting around 36 to the gallon. This is below the quoted figures but I never believe those anyway. This is about the best return I have had from a car and, considering the 3L engine, I’m quite pleased with the result. Motorway driving does not seem to yield the best efficiency (70mph). The engine seems to be at its best at around 40-50mph.

Reverse camera with top view:-
Reversing onto my drive, I tried out the three reversing cameras (one in the tailgate, the others under the door mirrors). It takes some getting used to as it presents a plan view of the car and shows what is happening either side and at the rear.
In the end, I turned off this feature as I feel I get a better view using the rear camera only. Both top view and rear camera only have the ability to overlay lines on the display showing where the car will go – I find this very useful.
Because the field of view is wider when using just the rear camera, I find it to be the best view when reversing onto my driveway.
That doesn’t mean I don’t use the top view at all. I find top view handy when parallel parking. When I couple the top view with the passenger mirror that angles down in reverse, I feel confident that I don’t be kerbing my allow wheels any time soon (famous last words).

Xenon headlights:-
In my opinion, these are a must. The difference between these and halogen type headlights are quite literally night and day. Of course, the Xenon headlights come with those wonderful LED corona rings. I love daytime running lights (DRL’s) as I feel they contribute significantly to driver safety. I am an advanced driver and am quite impressed at how everyone who is joining from a side road seems to see me – whilst I never have this confidence in other cars.
The headlight beams are well defined and provide great road illumination.

Adaptive headlights:-
This is my third car with this feature. The X3 rates as the best I have seen so far. The beams turn noticeably into a bend or curve and make a big difference on unlit roads. The fog light also comes on if turning the steering wheel far enough or if using the indicator. Being honest, the fog light makes some difference but not enough to shout about.

High beam assistant:-
I didn’t think this was going to be any use but I am pleasantly surprised at how well it works. I had trouble getting it to work at first as I think I enabled it only once I was already on an unlit road. I don’t think the camera in the windscreen had chance to ‘learn’ about streetlights and other car lights so it didn’t work.
The next night, I tried the same unlit roads but enabled the high beam assistant whilst I was still on roads with street lights. Once I went onto the unlit roads, the high beams came on really quickly. It seemed to scare itself once or twice as the high beams bounced back off reflective road signs – which I think the camera interpreted as oncoming traffic and dipped the lights quickly. I don’t think this is a problem as the Xenon lights reflecting back at me from a road sign was blinding – I’d have manually dipped the headlights in any case.
Further up the road, I could see other cars travelling in the same direction as me (away from me). I used this to see how the high beam assist would handle tail lights. Of course, this meant I had to put my foot down to catch them – purely for research purposes of course. As I came round a bend behind these cars, I had my hand on the headlight stalk ready to manually dip them – but the high beam assist beat me to it. It also worked for bicycle headlights and tail lights.
So, overall I’d say I’m impressed with the high beam assist too. For anyone reading this, I can therefore recommend the visibility package as it includes the Xenon lights, high beam assist and adaptive lighting (and dimming side mirrors too – which also work well).

Access package (comfort access and power tailgate):-
I quickly got used to leaving the key in my pocket. To unlock the car, I just grab the door handle and pull. To lock the car, I just touch the top of the door handle with my finger. If I touch the pad on the top of the door handle for about 2 seconds, it also folds in the door mirrors (and closes the windows and sunroof if they are open).
The tailgate feature is great. I have to operate the handle on the tailgate as I would on a car without this feature (waving a foot under the bumper doesn’t work and just made me look very silly). Once it starts to open, step back and leave it to it. To close the tailgate, there are two buttons that are easy to reach. One button closes the tailgate under power; the other closes the tailgate and locks the entire car.
I regularly use the car for a role that requires me to arrive on scene, get my kit out of the boot and lock the car quickly. The access package allows me to do this easily.
When I arrive on scene, I press the tailgate release button (just by my right foot) as I get out of the car. The tailgate is open by the time I shut the door and get to the back of the car. I grab my kit and press the right hand button on the tailgate – and just walk away to the job. As I am walking away, the struts close the tailgate and, once closed, all the doors and tailgate lock automatically. This is perfect for me as, sometimes, seconds count.
Anyway, I think this is a really useful feature and saves you having to manually slam the tailgate.

Variable damper control:-
I was a bit apprehensive about spending a lot on money on this feature – but I’m really glad I did. Although I bought the M Sport variant, I included the VDC. This automatically deletes the sports suspension.
Most of the time, I leave it in Normal mode. The ride is very comfortable. At one point I confused myself as I knew I was running over bumps in the road but couldn’t feel them.
Selecting sports mode makes noticeable changes to the car. The suspension stiffens (not sure if this is to the same degree as the sports suspension); the engine revs rise (frisky mode) ready for action and the steering becomes more responsive.
I have heard some comments about how the steering feels detached. IMHO, far from it. I liked the sporty feel and always feel in control even if I drive quite briskly.
Sports mode can be configured via iDrive to include the chassis and/or drivetrain. I’ve not been brave enough to turn off the safety features yet and go for it in Sports+ mode.
Personally, I think this is a great option.

Sunroof:-
I changed my mind at the last minute and included the panoramic sunroof – I’m so glad I did. Although I have oyster leather, the M Sport includes an anthracite headlining. Without the sunroof, I reckon the car would feel dull and slightly claustrophobic. It operates well although the controls took a couple of attempts before I figured it out. Again, I would recommend this (I should be on a commission from BMW at this rate).

Professional loudspeakers:-
At first, I wasn’t impressed. However, I spent some time changing the balance, fader and equaliser settings. I’m now quite pleased with the sound. I listen to a right load of rubbish anyway but I was surprised about how well even some of my more familiar tracks sound.

Summary:-
Joy – nothing more, nothing less. I find myself inventing journeys so I can appreciate the car more. I’ve yet to find anything that I regretted buying. For me, the auto box and visibility package are a must. Anything else is down to personal preference. Please let me know if I missed anything out and I’ll do my best to share my experiences.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #1346
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Thanks for the great review ... Us waiting for delivery have to live vicariously ... And feed back like this makes every day a little easier.

Thanks
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #1347
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Wow that is a brilliant review plob... really well written and informative.

Having had another longish test drive in an Auto X3, I have finalised my spec!! Only took 3 weeks

Have gone for Black Sapphire with Black interior, Matt Silver, Black instrument panel embellishers, Bluetooth with USB and Xenons but most importantly AUTO transmission.
Thanks all for your advice Considering this will be my first car with an Automatic gearbox, I was a bit apprehensive as I like the feel of the manual however, as everyone has said the Auto feels great and I was sold after the test drive.

The dealer confirmed that it will be a 2013MY with the Eco Pro Driver Dynamic Control as standard.
She strangely even mentioned that the Efficiency Dynamics read out below the Ref Counter would be as seen in previous cars with Pro Nav ie LCD graphical display and not with a standard dial mpg counter. That will be a WIN but I doubt it. No confirmed build date though
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #1348
dnw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 / 2014 520d MS

Likewise, great review! I believe the dual "close" and "close & lock" buttons on the electric tailgate is only fitted if you have comfort access- otherwise it's just a close button. Anyone able to confirm?

The only option I might regret not including is VDC as I went for 19s instead (have 20s on current Q5 which makes the 18s seem tiny). I went for M Sport delete as sport suspension is too hard for the pot hole ridden roads on my daily commute.

Still, if it doesn't work out it gives me an excuse to trade up to 2013 35d

Last edited by dnw; 03-10-2012 at 03:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #1349
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

[QUOTE=swfrom07;11517852]Wow that is a brilliant review plob... really well written and informative.

Having had another longish test drive in an Auto X3, I have finalised my spec!! Only took 3 weeks

Have gone for Black Sapphire with Black interior, Matt Silver, Black instrument panel embellishers, Bluetooth with USB and Xenons but most importantly AUTO transmission.
Thanks all for your advice Considering this will be my first car with an Automatic gearbox, I was a bit apprehensive as I like the feel of the manual however, as everyone has said the Auto feels great and I was sold after the test drive.

The dealer confirmed that it will be a 2013MY with the Eco Pro Driver Dynamic Control as standard.
She strangely even mentioned that the Efficiency Dynamics read out below the Ref Counter would be as seen in previous cars with Pro Nav ie LCD graphical display and not with a standard dial mpg counter. That will be a WIN but I doubt it. No confirmed build date though [/QUOTE

Many congrats on your order but I feel you might only be at stage 1 in the process: Many forum members make spec. changes after the 'order', during the long wait for production. You can change the spec. until about 2 weeks before production.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #1350
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank531 View Post
Many congrats on your order but I feel you might only be at stage 1 in the process: Many forum members make spec. changes after the 'order', during the long wait for production. You can change the spec. until about 2 weeks before production.
Thanks tank531, I had already signed the paper work 3 weeks ago but spent 3 weekends getting the spec and options to what I wanted (though as you can see, havent chosen a lot). I have now been banned by the missus to change anything after today
Told the dealer to call me after the car goes into production else I might end up spending more money .. estimated delivery date given as the 25th May
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 04:46 AM   #1351
dnw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 / 2014 520d MS

WWL Tracking via VIN

Has anyone in the UK been able to track their vehicle via VIN on the WWL website recently?

I ask as I read on another forum that the processing (inspection and any remedial work) now takes place in Bremerhaven rather than Thorne (seems sensible) which would imply they make a stopover en route there for a couple of days. I can't see any VINs into Southampton on WWL site since mid last year.

What I have done as a workaround is used an expression in the search that matches all chasis numbers around mine and then looked at where they are - seems to be a lot of RHD 30ds on the way to Melbourne that were at port on the 6th March. My VIN is in the middle of those so I'm assuming it was in Charleston (roughly equidistant from Spartanburg) around the same date - inferring from that and the WWL schedules that mine is likely on one of 3 boats departing on or after the 6th.

The expression I used was:

WBAWY%LXXXXX% where XXXXX is the first five digits of your VIN number.

E.g. if yours ends L890005 you would search WBAWY%L89000% and get L890001 thru L890009 returned. You can then see where those cars are. Strictly speaking you don't need the final %. You could also do WBAWY%L88999% and WBAWY%L89001% for the 10 either side.

The WBAWY limits it to X3s (not sure if the chasis numbers increment for the whole plant inc X5 or X6 or just the line but this takes care of that) (WBA = BMW AG, WY = X3).

Interestingly it looks like they build in batches - around 50 cars either side of mine are all RHD 30ds (WY52s - you can get this code from Realoem.com, e.g. WY31 = LHD 20d, WY32 = RHD 20d, WY52 = RHD 30d, WY72 = RHD 35d etc).

Hope that helps someone pass the waiting time
      03-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #1352
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep

Dnw - nice detective work. I agree not many, if any, uk members have tracked recently, from what i read. In sept 11, I was not able to track mine either.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #1353
manutd123
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d SE 2012 Auto (soon)

Hi guys, this is my first post. Fantastic forums you have here.

I wanted to share with you my purchase. I last week ordered:

X3 SE 2.0d Auto
Space Grey
Black interior
Bluetooth hands-free.

Since my purchase, my wife has come back to me and kindly allowed me £2k worth of extras (up to and including the Pro Sat Nav if i want it).

So, i've been racking my brain as to what to do with this £2k on the car.

Do i upgrade to an M-Sport? Which with the 8% discount i was given will probably be affordable?

Or will it be uncomfortable driving 25k miles a year with a stiffer suspension/sport seats etc?

Or should i stick to the SE Auto and look at things like:

Reversing camera
Xenon headlights
VDC

Or do i just go for the hefty priced
Professional Navigation package

???

I know it's personal preference, but i thought i would see what thoughts you all had.

As i say i do around 25,000 miles per year, am usually in my car for about 4 hours a day minimum so want comfort more than anything else. A lot of motorway driving.

I have a Sat Nav myself, but of course i hear this is the mother of all Navigation packages.

But to get it may be to skin-flint elsewhere, so not sure.....

Also, how is the internal/external colour?

I'd been thinking about Havana Brown leather, any recommendations?

Many thanks

EDIT: PS. I had seen the BMW Station for IPhone, which looked like a good alternative to the Navigation package, am i right this is unavailable in the UK?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 05:23 AM   #1354
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep

manutd123 - see if you can get a further 'allowance' on top of the £2K - offer to go shopping or simlar!

If you are buying the car outright then you will be aware only a very few options give you any financial return. I know that if you go M-sport then many buyers 'delete' the sport suspension for the reasons you indicate.

The nav option becomes an expectation from buyers on premium cars even if the 1st owener has to stump up for it as an option.

I was in a similar situation to you and took nav pro plus a couple of of other options up to about £37K list.

You got a good discount but you will do well to keep it with any future additions. Many forum members punt for big wheels and xenons but these are style features which may improve the vehicle looks but nothing else.

Keep us posted....
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #1355
benedirk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0D SE

Hi All,

Ordered mine on Saturday for an expected June delivery:

X3 SE 2.0d Auto
Sapphire black
Black interior
Black dash embellishers
Professional multimedia
Heated seats
Solar protection glass

I've spent a lot of time lurking on this site to finalise my options, I was hoping to spend less than I have, but we decided that we had to have the pro nav, but I think we've got a good spec without having added too much to the price.

I think with options you have to really want them as you are definitely going to lose most of their value on trade in and tbh the X3 is specced pretty well as standard.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #1356
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benedirk View Post
Hi All,

Ordered mine on Saturday for an expected June delivery:

X3 SE 2.0d Auto
Sapphire black
Black interior
Black dash embellishers
Professional multimedia
Heated seats
Solar protection glass

I've spent a lot of time lurking on this site to finalise my options, I was hoping to spend less than I have, but we decided that we had to have the pro nav, but I think we've got a good spec without having added too much to the price.

I think with options you have to really want them as you are definitely going to lose most of their value on trade in and tbh the X3 is specced pretty well as standard.
Many congrats, I hope the wait goes as fast as the car. Did you consider X-Line trim? I know it is a rip-off extra but if you are keeping the car for 3 years or so and have to look at it every day you might find the window surround will make the car look more 'classy', although thats very subjective, or I believe you can now spec. hi gloss black window surrounds on an SE too. Plenty of members black cars here http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=456656
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #1357
benedirk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0D SE

Quote:
Many congrats, I hope the wait goes as fast as the car. Did you consider X-Line trim? I know it is a rip-off extra but if you are keeping the car for 3 years or so and have to look at it every day you might find the window surround will make the car look more 'classy', although thats very subjective, or I believe you can now spec. hi gloss black window surrounds on an SE too. Plenty of members black cars here http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=456656
HI, thanks for the response.

I think I actually prefer the look without the chrome trims, I haven't seen hi gloss black surrounds as an option, but that would be my preference. Has anyone added them to an SE? My dealer wasn't even aware of the shiny black dash inserts.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #1358
manutd123
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d SE 2012 Auto (soon)

Quote:
manutd123 - see if you can get a further 'allowance' on top of the £2K - offer to go shopping or simlar!

If you are buying the car outright then you will be aware only a very few options give you any financial return. I know that if you go M-sport then many buyers 'delete' the sport suspension for the reasons you indicate.

The nav option becomes an expectation from buyers on premium cars even if the 1st owener has to stump up for it as an option.

I was in a similar situation to you and took nav pro plus a couple of of other options up to about £37K list.

You got a good discount but you will do well to keep it with any future additions. Many forum members punt for big wheels and xenons but these are style features which may improve the vehicle looks but nothing else.

Keep us posted....
I took the M-sport out today...have to say the bumps in the road were fairly noticeable, but perhaps even more of a problem was that i felt a little uncomfortable in the sports seat.

So SE it is.

Now for extras on the SE...the difficulty i have with the Navigation is that there is a BMW Station for IPhone which costs about 200 euros. This allows our IPhone to sit in a cradle in front of the IDrive screen and, with BMW link, allows you to use handfree telephone, navigation, mp3 etc.

This was in the Accessories booklet, but i'm not sure if it's available in the UK, the dealer is trying to see if he can get hold of it for me....

But if so, i am really struggling justifying the £2.5k professional navigation (i guess we all are!) and will of course opt for this instead.

Any recommendations on the BMW Inclusive Service Plus? It's a more than the BMW Service, and includes changing brake discs etc. which may be necessary if i'm doing so much mileage...?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #1359
richardkingsley
Registered
Rep
Drives: None yet

Thanks for all your help

Thank you everyone for your kind help in chosing the options for our new car. We actually didn't order the x3 after all. After taking our kids to see the car we thought that it felt small in the back for 3, so we bought a x5 40d msport 2010 model 10k miles with an amazing spec (almost everything possible) at the main dealer for less than the price for the x3.

With regard to a holder for iphone look at the tetrax system especially the fixway. I have that on my car and is amazing at only £25 from ebay.

Richard
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #1360
debbiety
Registered
Rep
Drives: none

Have requested update as to delivery date, but have had no reply as yet.
Beginning to have doubts about original 14 week delivery i was given.
      03-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #1361
vojak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Competition Xdrive

First Post

New member and first post. Hi all.
I have been reading a lot here for a few days and it has definately helped me figure out my spec for the order I placed on Tuesday this week so thanks for that.

Deep Sea Blue 35d MSport/Oyster/Fineline wave trim
Elec seats
Front seat heat
Professional Multimedia/DAB
Business loudspeakers
Sunroof
Sun protect glass
Folding Mirrors
Xenon
HUD
Internet
Split fold rear seats
Extended storage

I have an expected delivery 3rd week in June

Its going to be a great summer.....

Cheers

Last edited by vojak; 03-15-2012 at 08:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #1362
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vojak View Post
I have been reading a lot here for a few days and it has definately helped me figure out my spec for the order I placed on Tuesday this week so thanks for that.

Elec seats
Front seat heat
Business loudspeakers
Sunroof
Sun protect glass
Folding Mirrors
Xenon
HUD
Internet
Split fold rear seats
Extended storage

Cheers
Congrats - a big order
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #1363
Rogerbu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 GO1 30e M Sport

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vojak View Post

Elec seats
Front seat heat
Business loudspeakers
Sunroof
Sun protect glass
Folding Mirrors
Xenon
HUD
Internet
Split fold rear seats
Extended storage

Cheers
Having had my 30D M Sport for 3 weeks, my comments on your feature list would be.

Internet is so slow (non 3G) as be be virtually unusable. When would you really use it?

Heated Front Seats may not be used much for the cost. Plus there are a number of reports from the US of them catching fire.

The standard issue speakers seem very good to my ears, worth testing whether Businees Speakers worthwhile.

Electric Seats, Prof Media, Sun Prot Glass & Visability package - well worth while

I wish I had the Extended Storage.

Congrats on choosing a great car.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #1364
Rogerbu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 GO1 30e M Sport

I have just finished applying Supagard Paint Sealant to my 30D. It has come up really well and at £4.00 rather that £400 for the identical BMW service, a little bit more cost effective.

On Ebay it is £20 for a 5 pack of Supagard sponges.

The job was to do a really good clean of the paintwork, as I didn't want to seal in any grime. then using the supplied sealant inside a sponge, spread it over the car then buff.

Typical - 30 Minutes later and the birds have christened it already. At least that allows me to see that water really runs off the surface better than with just a clean paint surface.
Appreciate 0