BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-28-2011, 05:48 AM   #1
DJ Daddy-O
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMX X3 F25 2011

Picked her up this morning

Lovely lovely and lovely.

Will post photos this weekend. Had to come to work though so it is just parked up in the basement.

Complete first impressions. Diesel engine not that noisy as some have mentioned. Angel eyes and door handle lights are very cool. Foot rest will take some getting used to as it is high (think Sfax mentioned this). I drive very quick. Sport seats are fantastic (just don't touch my settings as it took a while shifting around to get it right).
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Congrats and enjoy.
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 06:18 AM   #3
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Daddy-O View Post

up in the basement.
Wow, even the laws of physics are different in the UK.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 06:21 AM   #4
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:

Will post photos this weekend. Had to come to work though so it is just parked up in the basement.

Complete first impressions. Diesel engine not that noisy as some have mentioned. Angel eyes and door handle lights are very cool. Foot rest will take some getting used to as it is high (think Sfax mentioned this). I drive very quick. Sport seats are fantastic (just don't touch my settings as it took a while shifting around to get it right).
Congrats, 20d or 30d diesel?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 06:27 AM   #5
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Many congrats mate. Look forward to your feedback and photos. Not surprised you like the lights. Have fun

It's a 20d BTW to other Q

Oh, and "parking up" is British for parking. Then we open the BOOT

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #6
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:

Congrats, looking forward to pics

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #7
DJ Daddy-O
Private First Class
Rep

Just a few more thoughts after driving some more this afternoon.

The view from the driver's seat across the sculptured bonnet is superb. It has a real feel good factor about it.

The manual gearbox needs some loosening up. When the engine is cold there seems to be quite a bit of vibration in the gear lever but this does disappear when the engine is warm. First impressions of the manual other than this are good. Certainly better than my merc (yes I did actually have a manual merc).

So happy with space grey. Looks great in the sunshine. It is going to polish up well which I really like.

Now tweaked the sport seats further and these are really good.

iPod linked in and getting artwork no problem. Bluetooth worked first time. In car manual in I-drive is very handy. Love the pictures that are included - it is a real classy touch.

Got the chrome exhaust tip. It really finishes the rear of the vehicle and is a definite recommendation. Should be thrown in if you ask me. Did notice though this evening that didn't seem to have been pushed fully on by the dealer as I could see about a half inch gap on the inside of the tip. Will give that a gentle bash or two tomorrow.

All of those waiting hang in there. It is worth it.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #8
Upgrade15
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 White X1

Can't wait to see it!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 07:39 PM   #9
Powerrunner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i 2011

Congrats, wish we could get stick in the US. Can't wait to see pics and a listing of the options that you selected.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 01:14 AM   #10
DJ Daddy-O
Private First Class
Rep

Aaaarrrggghhhh

Took some photos then battery died on camera. No problem normally but can't find my charger. Look like I lost it on a recent holiday.

Will try get a new one today so I can post them.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 05:22 AM   #11
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Excuses excuses

Re. seating position and foot rest, I find that I'm most comfortable with the base of the seat rotated up to its highest position. This then lifts your legs up a little and makes things more comfortable.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0