BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-27-2021, 02:47 PM   #1
didgetc
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 E83 2004 3.0

New user - question about radio and speakers

Hello all. I am living in Lithuania and bought myself a 2004 E83 3.0 X3 last October. I have been trying to fix a few issues on the car by myself to try and save some money.

Here's a question: how do I know where to add extra speakers on the back of the radio?

I only have speakers on the front doors and the subs under the seats. I want to add a speaker for the back seats but I can't afford the cost of wiring it it properly (there aren't any speakers on the back doors).

My plan is to do a bit of a cheap alternative: buy a couple of speakers, connect them on the radio, where the rear speakers should go and then run the cables through the console and install them behind the CD changer. Even if this is disapproved by some people, can someone please explain how to identify where to plug the wire of rear speakers onto the back of the radio?

My radio is a RCD102-02.

Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0