BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-06-2015, 10:02 PM   #1
rtb001
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i - 2016 X3 28i

Instrument cluster display default setting

I am trying to figure out how to make my new '16 X3 28i (with navigation and HUD) default to the compass view on the instrument cluster display.

So the display below the speedo and in between the speedo and tachometer can show various things such as date, average mpg, etc. and you toggle it by hitting the button on the left stalk. I'd like it default to showing the electronic compass, but can't figure out to make it default to that every time the car starts up.

In our other car, a F30 328i, which every display setting I leave the car on (I have it showing the time and range left) stays in memory and shows up every time I turn the car on.

On the F25, I think it just goes to blank on every start up, even though I leave it on the compass setting. It is annoying. The only thing I figured out to do is to remove a lot of display settings in iDrive, things that I don't want displayed such as average speed, so at least it only takes 1 or 2 button presses to get to the compass instead of 10 presses, but it is still annoying to do this every time I drive the car.

A quick glance at the manual did not show me a way to make a particular display the default. Anyone here know how to do it?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0