BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
lola_falana_12
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3

Should all the options I ordered show up on mybmw?

I logged onto mybmw and as of this Monday 05/23/11, my car is now is production status. It also now list my selected options. I just noticed today that it does not list BMW Apps with Smartphone Integration. I just emailed my CA about it but can't wait for him to respond (I think today is his day off). I am pretty sure it was on my order sheet when I placed the order and gave a deposit. I won't be able to double check this until I get home later tonight. This options better be on there or I am going to be one unhappy puppy!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Mineral

I posted this question awhile back when my order was in production, a few people said don't worry about it, that's what they saw on their orders too but when they got the X3 it had the apps etc... No worries.

Although... I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered so I can't verify that 100 percent
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 01:31 PM   #3
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
It is rare that the website ever matches your complete order. Usually the packages are shown and sometimes an option, but normally not all the info is there. Just make sure you have the sticker when you pick up the vehicle to check everything!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
lola_falana_12
Enlisted Member
Rep

If there is an oversight, I want to catch it when they can actually do something about it not wait for it to arrive and find out it is not on there. (I do not like retro-fits) I know I ordered this option so it is not a question on my part of whether I assumed that it would be included in the technology pacakge. I just called the dealership and they are checking on it for me.
Every other option is listed (of course they are all packages), so this worries me a bit.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 01:57 PM   #5
carlili4190
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 Nissan 350Z, 11 BMW X3

This happened to me. I called BMWNA literally 20 minutes before I saw this thread. They said "Don't worry about it, the website is ALWAYS wrong. Whatever your ordered with your CA is going to be on the car".

I am not worried anymore

EDIT:

If your car is in production status, there is nothing you can do to change it.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #6
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

BMW did not list my upgraded 19" wheels but they showed up on the vehicle, thank goodness
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 03:38 PM   #7
azhar
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 xDrive28i

The same thing happened to me. It didn't match what I ordered but finally arrived with the exact configuration I ordered. So you needn't worry about that.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
lola_falana_12
Enlisted Member
Rep

I checked with my dealership and they said it is on the order (duh..I knew that but you want to call the peeps in SC to double check maybe?).

Thanks everyone for chiming in and letting me know I am not the only one.

Hope everything is on there.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #9
Alanintx
ATAP
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Midnight Blue 430xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola_falana_12 View Post
I checked with my dealership and they said it is on the order (duh..I knew that but you want to call the peeps in SC to double check maybe?).

Should be OK. BMW builds the cars based on their Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) system which is what the dealers, BMW Customer Service, and just about everybody except the consumer can see. The web site eventually gets a feed from the MRP, but I noticed it takes time for it to pick up on new features. My car showed up the wrong color on the web page, until the delivery stage.

Last edited by Alanintx; 05-25-2011 at 05:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #10
Razel
Rider and driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola_falana_12 View Post

Unfortunately, the only accurate means of verifying everything you ordered is installed is to check when the vehicle is delivered. But, this isn't any different than picking up a car at the lot. Nor, is it unusual for anyone's website to be inaccurate about inventory ...

I work for Keyser Söze
Appreciate 0