BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-30-2023, 03:48 AM   #23
Ralph11
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 e83

Little bit confusing story, above you stated that the transmition gear does not shift anymore, but now it looks like it does and you have a tc related issue….
For testing i would:
- Remove the tc fuse (Nr. 26 at my car, yours to be checked ) or disconnect the tc actuator plug: then do a test drive, if runs smooth your issue is tc related, as per your fault code
- i assume you checked the tc actuator alteady, if not, remove it, check for worn plastic gear and run it for test with 12v
- if you already have a new tc actuator installed (which is technically ok) , make sure to use the original actuator resistor from old actuator and calibrate the new actuator with your tester, after successful calibration everything should work
If not you may have a tc issue (chain, bearing, clutch, … - mechanical) or something else….

Let me know and we can exchange some other possible tests….

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 03:50 AM   #24
Ralph11
Enlisted Member
Rep

Sorry, mixed up, two different people 😉
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2023, 03:26 AM   #25
Ralph11
Enlisted Member
Rep

Continued with try and error and finally exchanged DXC (stupid location and requires quiet some work, plus the bleeding afterwards) and the dxc sensor (yaw rate sensor) with so far no improvements 😖, did code the dxc unit successful and will habe to try to calibrate the new yaw sensor later on, but not sure if this will help…… So far no further ideas….
Does anybody know where the car does get the information from if goes forward or backwards? I know it uses the wheel speed sensors, but maybe these wheel speed sensors get overwritten by something else which causes my issues?
Appreciate 0