BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-28-2014, 03:48 PM   #485
tonyord
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x3 m sport

same here mine is on its way,was supposed to be mid december but now early january,cant wait
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2014, 02:52 PM   #486
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Well we are nearly into the year that I will get mine .. Roll on 2015

Not jealous at all at folks getting their now

How are you liking yours bounderboy ?
Your time will come soon.... Car running very nicely getting much more used to it now and starting to enjoy it very much thanks.

The 605 wheels have really grown on me - they look so much better in the flesh than on photos - they are convex which isn't apparent on photos.

Mocha/copper trim looks really good and I think goes well with Black.

Idrive I think is a mess - Volvo system was so simple - however i am getting used to it more and more.

Things I miss are mute button on steering wheel, turning lights on from keyfob so not too much really! I could do a lot more from the steering wheel on Volvo -

But very small things...
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2014, 01:59 AM   #487
cumbrianlad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

At last some progress!

Cumbrianlad is pleased to announce the birth (well in BMW speak marriage!) of his baby on 14 Nov. All appears to be in good health. Doctor's report confirms that it has a bright red skin with mainly coffee coloured insides but some areas of black and copper. Clear eyes that are responsive to other light sources and look where it is going. Feet are on the larger size (19") and with new shoes so not wanting it to be unsteady on it's feet will be cutting it's feet off for a smaller set with a set of shoes that are worn in and more suitable for the winter (if we ever get any!) weather. Will acquire those from my current baby when I take it back to the orphanage (can see me getting done for cruelity here!) I'm told it's a female as it keeps telling people where to go. Let's hope it has a better sense of direction than it's mother who could get lost going to the shops! (maybe that's a plus point!)
Am also told it is still at the place where they make the babies so am a little concerned that it won't be with me for my week 51 collection that I was promised.
Footnote: Not too worried about my current baby's future as I'm sure someone will visit the orphanage and give a three year old with 45k of experience a good home - providing they are prepared to meet the orphanage's demands!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2014, 12:33 PM   #488
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
Idrive I think is a mess
There is a logic to it ... it's much better than Audi's MMI. Now I'm temporarily back in an Audi I'm lost with the stupidity of MMI and being forced to use dedicated buttons rather than having a top level menu (which iDrive does have).

My guess is that after a couple of months in the X3 with iDrive, going back to a Volvo would reveal some quirks.

I've a soft spot for Volvo, though. Had an S60 D5 SE back in 2002 and I thought it was superior to the 3 series, A4 and C-class at the time, although it was rather thirsty and dirty.
      11-30-2014, 12:37 PM   #489
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianlad View Post
At last some progress!

Cumbrianlad is pleased to announce the birth (well in BMW speak marriage!) of his baby on 14 Nov. All appears to be in good health.
The status of mine just changed to reflect it's being built, too. 6 weeks to complete, ship, prep and deliver doesn't feel unrealistic so it looks like my fleet company and dealer were bang on with their estimates back at the start of May.
      11-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #490
WatchThis!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d SE

Quote:
Excellent news they are all starting to turn up now

Look forward to the pics
I remembered to take some pics today - should have taken them when collecting it - but anyway, here it is. Colour representation of the interior isn't the best, but the blue is quite accurate.
Name:  Ext 1.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  560.8 KB

Name:  Int 1.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  420.7 KB

Name:  Int 2.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  435.5 KB
      11-30-2014, 02:59 PM   #491
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Very nice ... Do like DSB

I think the light interior is the best way to go .. Lifts the car so much .. If you can keep it clean

I carry baby wipes in mine and my five year old is very well trained ... More than can be said for the wife !

Not seen those wheels on one before .. They look good .. I take it you got them for tax reasons ? Or the look ?

Anyway very nice and so glad others are experiencing "birth" days

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2014, 03:00 PM   #492
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

That signature: "X3 20d SE ~ Fog lights ~ Alarm ~ Floor mats ~ CD player ~ Electric windows ~ Central locking ~ Alloy wheels"

Fully electric seats - nice.
      11-30-2014, 03:28 PM   #493
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
That signature: "X3 20d SE ~ Fog lights ~ Alarm ~ Floor mats ~ CD player ~ Electric windows ~ Central locking ~ Alloy wheels"

Fully electric seats - nice.
What ! No bum shuffling to change the seat height ? Surely that's why we buy BMW's

Yeah I'd have loved them too .. But wife and I are just about the same size so once ours are set don't need to mess with them

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2014, 03:54 PM   #494
WatchThis!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Very nice ... Do like DSB

I think the light interior is the best way to go .. Lifts the car so much .. If you can keep it clean

I carry baby wipes in mine and my five year old is very well trained ... More than can be said for the wife !

Not seen those wheels on one before .. They look good .. I take it you got them for tax reasons ? Or the look ?

Anyway very nice and so glad others are experiencing "birth" days
It'll be kept to a practical level of 'clean', but I've brought some leather wipes so there is at least some sort of proposed commitment from me - that and my 'slippers only' rule.

The 306's are for the tax, but I quite like high sidewalls and chunky wheels, so I'd have probably chosen them anyway.

My 20 mile commute through the current M3 roadworks is resulting in an mpg figure of between 47 and 51 - the active cruise control is immense - just steer and remember to hang on for dear life at roundabouts - the VDC smooths out everything including the tarmac that previously had the rumble strip attached to it - it really is an amazing bit of kit.
Very impressed with all of it - only wish there were more exterior colour choices!
      11-30-2014, 04:10 PM   #495
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchThis! View Post
It'll be kept to a practical level of 'clean', but I've brought some leather wipes so there is at least some sort of proposed commitment from me - that and my 'slippers only' rule.

The 306's are for the tax, but I quite like high sidewalls and chunky wheels, so I'd have probably chosen them anyway.

My 20 mile commute through the current M3 roadworks is resulting in an mpg figure of between 47 and 51 - the active cruise control is immense - just steer and remember to hang on for dear life at roundabouts - the VDC smooths out everything including the tarmac that previously had the rumble strip attached to it - it really is an amazing bit of kit.
Very impressed with all of it - only wish there were more exterior colour choices!
That economy is very impressive .. My X1 is nowhere near that good .. Very happy if I get anywhere near that

I'm not 100% sold on VDC I driven an F30 with it for a few days and after the initial play found I just left it in normal

I'm hoping that for me going from msport to standard suspension will provide all the improvement I need

Would have loved the ACC but for me, not living in the south east, and half of my commute on moorland/country roads it would be an expensive vanity option much like pro nav .. Would love it ... But just can't justify it ... rtti won't tell me about sheep on the road !

100% with you on colour choice ... Why so boring ??? So little choice

Why no individual options .. There are some lovely options for the 3er ?

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2014, 04:30 PM   #496
WatchThis!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
What ! No bum shuffling to change the seat height ? Surely that's why we buy BMW's

Yeah I'd have loved them too .. But wife and I are just about the same size so once ours are set don't need to mess with them
Me and the other half differ in so many ways..... But anyway, I've set a decent seat base angle and the comfort is very good - lumbar support is very good too, would be nice to have a bigger footrest, but no complaints about driving comfort or instrument visibility. A good option, but a little pricey.
      11-30-2014, 04:42 PM   #497
WatchThis!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That economy is very impressive .. My X1 is nowhere near that good .. Very happy if I get anywhere near that

I'm not 100% sold on VDC I driven an F30 with it for a few days and after the initial play found I just left it in normal

I'm hoping that for me going from msport to standard suspension will provide all the improvement I need

Would have loved the ACC but for me, not living in the south east, and half of my commute on moorland/country roads it would be an expensive vanity option much like pro nav .. Would love it ... But just can't justify it ... rtti won't tell me about sheep on the road !

100% with you on colour choice ... Why so boring ??? So little choice

Why no individual options .. There are some lovely options for the 3er ?
The xline in red is a very good choice, but I don't think the red suits an SE in standard trim - initially this was my original spec, but the blue with the interior works well and it'll do. Fully agree about the need for individual options, but with an already big options list, where do you draw the line?
      11-30-2014, 04:57 PM   #498
WatchThis!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

The mpg is being influenced by the roadworks and their 50 mph limit, but it's still pleasing to see.
VDC in Normal should be fine for everything, sport suppresses the body roll but still keeps everything smooth. I'm on 17 non run flats so it's a good ride.
      12-01-2014, 01:36 AM   #499
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:

Isn't though VDC doing it's thing even in normal mode? Not that I fully understand how it works.
      12-01-2014, 03:41 AM   #500
WatchThis!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
Isn't though VDC doing it's thing even in normal mode? Not that I fully understand how it works.
Yes - you can't turn it off - 400 times a second it has a look around and a think and maybe does something as a result.

Also, choosing the MSport trim and VDC deletes the sport suspension as VDC in sport removes the body roll but still makes everything smooth.
      12-01-2014, 01:50 PM   #501
Akers
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 MSport 2.0 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchThis!
Quote:
Excellent news they are all starting to turn up now

Look forward to the pics
I remembered to take some pics today - should have taken them when collecting it - but anyway, here it is. Colour representation of the interior isn't the best, but the blue is quite accurate.
Attachment 1124434

Attachment 1124435

Attachment 1124436
Congrats, the light interior goes very well with the DSB. Very nice, enjoy your new toy.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 03:59 AM   #502
WatchThis!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akers View Post
Congrats, the light interior goes very well with the DSB. Very nice, enjoy your new toy.
Thank-you - Yes, really enjoying it - my only niggles so far have all been resolved by me. Poor DAB reception (that was the wrong transmitter - spotted that on day two), and low contrast camera images (fixed when I washed it, I think the dealer left a little haze on them them).

Here's a shot of the Eco Bars from this morning...
Name:  EconBars.JPG
Views: 755
Size:  470.5 KB
      12-03-2014, 07:17 AM   #503
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

This has just arrived:

Loving it so far!

Last edited by clivem2; 12-03-2014 at 07:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 07:32 AM   #504
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Wow.

You should do BMW's marketing shots because the front end looks special on that. All the BMW pics make it look really awkward verging on ugly.

Congrats and enjoy (he said in a very bitter and resentful way)
      12-03-2014, 08:35 AM   #505
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
Wow.

You should do BMW's marketing shots because the front end looks special on that. All the BMW pics make it look really awkward verging on ugly.

Congrats and enjoy (he said in a very bitter and resentful way)
Thanks! Yes, the BMW shots don't show the contours of the front bumper. It is quite different in person. I love the colour of the wheels, I hadn't seen them previously, they are a sort of dark silver. I'm pleased they are staggered too with 275s on the rear.
      12-03-2014, 09:08 AM   #506
WatchThis!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Nice!