BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #331
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzer666 View Post
Well had an official response from BMW regarding the X-Line 607 wheels.

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with regards to the alloy wheels fitted to your BMW X3 xDrive20d xLine. I can certainly understand the frustration this must have caused you, especially as you upgraded to xLine trim, for the alloy wheels fitted as standard with this option.

I can confirm that, due to ongoing supply issues regarding the 18” Y-Spoke style alloy wheels (607), these have been restricted throughout 2014. I can advise, this option has since been removed from November 2014 and is no longer available for customers to order. The BMW UK Sales Office communicated to all BMW Approved Retailers the issues regarding this option, therefore, each Centre was required to amend the order should the 605 style have been requested. Two alternatives have been given to all Retailers which include the 18” Double-Spoke (605) which is free of charge, or 19” Y-Spoke (608) for an £800 upgrade. It was advised that all Retailers were to contact their customers regarding this option.

So basically tough luck or go order an Audi

ps. load of c*ck about November as the UK configurator still shows the 607 wheels as default. Obviously still happy to charge the full amount for the X-Line trim then.
Speechless *******

Just been on the configurator ... The wheels are still there and can still be configured .. I think it is a bit ***** much that in fact I'm now paying a four figure premium for some alloy window trims *****

I think that I they change the config for new customers fine ... If your placing a new order fine people can make their own decision as to what to order

But mine has been on order four ******* months and I have repeatedly been told there is no problem !!!!

Least the should do is upgrade all existing orders to the 19's free of charge

Sorry did I say I was speechless ??

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack

Last edited by Andy_o; 11-11-2014 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #332
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Just asked the bmw genius online this question

Let's see what they say currently chatting to Olivia !

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 02:29 PM   #333
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Hi Andy my name is Olivia. Can I first ask if you have already ordered an

Me
:Yes I have .. It has been on order since July

Olivia:
Great to hear! What a fantastic model. Would it be the 18" light alloy wheels Double-spoke style 605 that you are referring to?

So there you go :
It's the 607's that are discontinued - its the 605's that we are being switched too..

Must admit i was tempted to ask when I saw the BMW Genius button...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #334
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
It's the 607's that are discontinued - its the 605's that we are being switched too..

Hi Andy my name is Olivia. Can I first ask if you have already ordered an

Me
:Yes I have .. It has been on order since July

Olivia:
Great to hear! What a fantastic model. Would it be the 18" light alloy wheels Double-spoke style 605 that you are referring to?

Me:
Yes that is correct .. My dealer says there are problems but my car is not affected .. I have heard elsewhere from someone else who has ordered the same car that the 605 are now permanently discontinued

Olivia:
Right, I see. Well currently this option is available on the X3 in various trim models, but not all. The BMW Centres have direct contact with the factories, however, and so get updates from them. If the factory have advised them that your vehicle shouldn't be affected, this should be correct.

Me:
My friend has queried this with bmw uk and they have replied that the wheels are discontinued but configurator etc still shows them as available

Olivia:
We here at the Genius Team are here to assist with new vehicle configurations and our information shows that the option is currently available. It may perhaps be that there is an issue with the 3rd party manufacturer or the factory, that is causing delays. However, if the BMW Centre have advised that this is not the case for your order then I would reassure you that their contact should be reliable.

Me:
Thank you Olivia

Me:
The wheels I mentioned for the xline x3 are style 607 not style 605 .. Can you confirm the 607 wheels are still available

Olivia:
Sure! The 18" light alloy wheels Y-spoke style 607​ are currently standard on the X3 xDrive20d xLine and the X3 xDrive30d xLine. However, they are not currently available on any other X3 trim levels.

Me:
So they are still available, the 607 wheels that is .. And those are the wheels my car will come with ?

Olivia:
What vehicle is it that you have ordered, please?

Me:
Bmw x3 xline 20d

Olivia:
Great, thanks! Congratulations on the new vehicle, by the way! The X3 20d xLine would come with 18" light alloy wheels Y-spoke style 607 as standard. If this is the order that was put through, we would expect the vehicle to be manufactured as such. Any issues would be communicated directly to your BMW Centre.

Me
So they haven't been discontinued

Olivia
Our information shows that they are currently available. It is possible that for upcoming vehicles, this might change, but that should not affect your order.

So there you go :

Last edited by Andy_o; 11-11-2014 at 02:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 02:41 PM   #335
gazzer666
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2015 XLine 2.0d

Olivia needs to rethink her description as a genius

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 02:44 PM   #336
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzer666 View Post
Olivia needs to rethink her description as a genius

Very good

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 02:44 PM   #337
gazzer666
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2015 XLine 2.0d

Well they also told me that the dealer had contacted my broker to advise that the wheels were not available and had agreement from them to switch.

My broker advises that they have no record of this conversation.

If the BMW dealer has no written confirmation of this instruction then next action will be down the legal route.

Gripping stuff
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 02:50 PM   #338
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
So anyone else want to speak to Olivia? The bmw new car configurator genius

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 02:52 PM   #339
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:

Sorry bb I was editing and thought I'd deleted all that post .. Full transcript now posted

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #340
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

I suspect that they've known about supply problems for a lot longer. I've said before that I couldn't understand why I could add £4k-£5k of options to my company car but wasn't "allowed" the xLine option as I was pretty sure it would enhance the residual value and I'd be paying the vast majority of the additional cost.

For those who've ordered the xLine and are waiting, have you looked at the BMW used car section and filtered the X3 by xLine trim? It looks like only 2 of the cars nationwide actually have the 607s fitted and most have the upgraded 19" 608s. I wonder why. Example

For those who've managed to get the 607s, it might be worth finding out if there's a known problem with them e.g. given the gorgeous two-tone effect, is there any known blistering etc (which I think has been reported here on X3 wheels in the past).
      11-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #341
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
I suspect that they've known about supply problems for a lot longer. I've said before that I couldn't understand why I could add £4k-£5k of options to my company car but wasn't "allowed" the xLine option as I was pretty sure it would enhance the residual value and I'd be paying the vast majority of the additional cost.

For those who've ordered the xLine and are waiting, have you looked at the BMW used car section and filtered the X3 by xLine trim? It looks like only 2 of the cars nationwide actually have the 607s fitted and most have the upgraded 19" 608s. I wonder why. Example

For those who've managed to get the 607s, it might be worth finding out if there's a known problem with them e.g. given the gorgeous two-tone effect, is there any known blistering etc (which I think has been reported here on X3 wheels in the past).

They do look good in red ?

I'm with Olivia ...she said there's no problem ...she is the new car spec genius after all !

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #342
cumbrianlad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
I suspect that they've known about supply problems for a lot longer. I've said before that I couldn't understand why I could add £4k-£5k of options to my company car but wasn't "allowed" the xLine option as I was pretty sure it would enhance the residual value and I'd be paying the vast majority of the additional
This issue has been about since at least mid-July. Beggars belief it's still an issue. Should have been long sorted, option removed from Configurator and suitably replaced to the satisfaction of those affected, rather than the take it or leave it attitude that seems to be adopted for most.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 04:21 PM   #343
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Bit depressed - this is what my car will look like - the wheels just don't look as nice :-(
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 04:27 PM   #344
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Much prefer my current cars wheels..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #345
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
They do look good in red ?
Found it just for you ... even if the dealer is incapable of uploading the image without deforming it.
      11-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #346
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Although I'm over here in the US, your posts are difficult to read without sharing your frustration. At some point Corporations must try to begin understanding the marketing aspect of their business model. Clients/Customers/Patients' thought processes, or whatever demographic term applies to the services one provides, need to be included in the equation. Imagine your business from their viewpoint and think how you can alleviate their concerns and meet their needs. If a part becomes difficult to acquire because a sub-contractor cannot supply such in a timely fashion (which is certainly understandable), then so be it. Move on and make it known to the folks awaiting said product, and offer alternatives.

Perhaps BMW Corporate has done so, and the ball is being dropped somewhere else down the line, but regardless of the fault's origin, one has loyal and passionate customers trying their best to purchase one of your products, so somewhere in the abyss of the Corporate structure (which includes end-sellers) responsibility to inform must be sitting on someone's desk (or desktop).

Hope it works out for you all, including the waiting time, as would hate to see you switch brands over this type of issue.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 05:34 PM   #347
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Although I'm over here in the US, your posts are difficult to read without sharing your frustration. At some point Corporations must try to begin understanding the marketing aspect of their business model. Clients/Customers/Patients' thought processes, or whatever demographic term applies to the services one provides, need to be included in the equation. Imagine your business from their viewpoint and think how you can alleviate their concerns and meet their needs. If a part becomes difficult to acquire because a sub-contractor cannot supply such in a timely fashion (which is certainly understandable), then so be it. Move on and make it known to the folks awaiting said product, and offer alternatives.

Perhaps BMW Corporate has done so, and the ball is being dropped somewhere else down the line, but regardless of the fault's origin, one has loyal and passionate customers trying their best to purchase one of your products, so somewhere in the abyss of the Corporate structure (which includes end-sellers) responsibility to inform must be sitting on someone's desk (or desktop).

Hope it works out for you all, including the waiting time, as would hate to see you switch brands over this type of issue.
Well said Sir.. my explanations have all ended up with lots of different intermediaries all saying the same we don't make the car, we are a franchise etc..

Its only a set of wheels at the end of the day. However they spend millions make car purchases an emotional decision - so when they mess things around they shouldn't be surprised they get an emotional response. Really narks me that no-one takes responsibility and just blames BMW the manufacturer.. who you can't hold responsible.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 05:08 AM   #348
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Passing a dealer this morning and saw a brand new xline being prepped .... Oooh look at the wheels !

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 05:11 AM   #349
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Pic attached this time
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 05:14 AM   #350
halfalife
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 3.0D Msport

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 06:25 AM   #351
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

It looks like the day has finally come - car is being Delivered next Thursday.. still doesn't feel close enough.. but something to get me through next week!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 06:44 AM   #352
WatchThis!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d SE

Quote:
It looks like the day has finally come - car is being Delivered next Thursday.. still doesn't feel close enough.. but something to get me through next week!
Result! No news on mine, chances are it's on the Courage that docks at Southampton on Sunday, so I'll either be at the Classic Car Show at the NEC or sat on the south coast watching cars being unloaded....
Appreciate 0