BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » Its finally arrived!

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-14-2011, 06:15 AM   #1
cebula2000
New Member
0
Rep
13
Posts

 
Drives: 330D SE E91
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Its finally arrived!

Took delivery of my new X3 20d SE yesterday. Hadn't driven one since test drive in December. Worried that after my 330D it would seem underpowered but after a 160 mile drive back from the dealer I was very happy with performance given its newness. The 8 speed auto is very smooth and it handles well but auto stop with an auto takes a bit of getting used to. The quality of the plastics is definitely inferior to the 3 series and it doesn't quite have the BMW driver appeal but the driving position is good and the sports seats are comfortable. Wish I had opted for the sound system upgrade as the standard one is OK but a bit disappointing. Ipod works well through media package and impressed with sat nav. The new iDrive seems a big improvement on one i used on a 2006 535D touring.

Ave 36 MPG consumption on a motorway run with quite heavy traffic on M25/A1 return journey with just 156 miles on the clock.

media business advanced
climate comfort
auto
sports steering wheel
307 style alloy
folding mirrors
sports seats
seat heating front
fineline wave wood
xenons
DAB
service inclusive

apologies for poor pics taken with Blackberry.....which incidentally doesn't pair very well with the X3.
Attached Images
    

Last edited by cebula2000; 04-14-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 06:35 AM   #2
X4guy
Major
X4guy's Avatar
No_Country
37
Rep
1,190
Posts

 
Drives: X4 Melbourne Red Xline
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Www

iTrader: (0)

Nice, how about some interior photos?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 08:21 AM   #3
sfax
Brigadier General
sfax's Avatar
United Kingdom
54
Rep
3,853
Posts

 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Congrats!

At last someone who gets an MPG nearer mine!

Interesting to hear that about the standard stereo. I suspected it might be a bit weak, only because it wasn't that long ago that BMW fitted tape players as standard!

Another new X3 Reading plate on the road too

Enjoy
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
Jasonskitchen
New Member
1
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 bmw x3 28i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

You guys definitely have cooler plates than ours in the US....
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #5
BIMMER UK 76
Major
BIMMER UK 76's Avatar
United Kingdom
17
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Congrats, you should disguise your number plate for online pics (had a previous Jaguar cloned that was used for major crime and rozzaz blamed tinterweb)
__________________

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #6
cebula2000
New Member
0
Rep
13
Posts

 
Drives: 330D SE E91
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

yes Sytner Sunningdale....local Peterborough dealer couldn't match Jan to April lead-time.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #7
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
9
Rep
662
Posts

 
Drives: '11 X3 28i '10 535i '04 325i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

I really like your choice of space gray without the xline. That's what I blindly ordered. Now I'm glad I did. Enjoy the Ride!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #8
cebula2000
New Member
0
Rep
13
Posts

 
Drives: 330D SE E91
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for that, yes good idea.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #9
cebula2000
New Member
0
Rep
13
Posts

 
Drives: 330D SE E91
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

thanks, had the chrome trim on previous BMW and fancied a change, I like just the the aluminium roof rails against the space grey without the xline.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #10
jaymk5
Bheem (Powerful and Fearful)
jaymk5's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
212
Posts

 
Drives: "OnOrder" BMW X3 35i SpaceGray
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plymouth, MN, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebula2000 View Post
thanks, had the chrome trim on previous BMW and fancied a change, I like just the the aluminium roof rails against the space grey without the xline.
I too liked the look of no xline but with roof rails will post pictures after delivery
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #11
DJ Daddy-O
Private First Class
4
Rep
160
Posts

 
Drives: BMX X3 F25 2011
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Yorkshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Oh I want mine right now .... So glad I have gone for space grey. Looks really good in natural light. I have got x line as I like the broken look it give to the side profile. Other than that and mine being a manual spec is virtually the same.

Congrats on your purchase. Looks good.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 03:37 AM   #12
buihh
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E91
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: BE

iTrader: (0)

Delay means losing opportunity cost and cash inflows for a company>
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 03:38 AM   #13
buihh
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E91
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: BE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buihh View Post
Delay means losing opportunity cost and cash inflows for a company>
Wrong thread sorry
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 05:59 AM   #14
mike185
Private First Class
mike185's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
161
Posts

 
Drives: X3 X28i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: lodi nj

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebula2000 View Post
Took delivery of my new X3 20d SE yesterday. Hadn't driven one since test drive in December. Worried that after my 330D it would seem underpowered but after a 160 mile drive back from the dealer I was very happy with performance given its newness. The 8 speed auto is very smooth and it handles well but auto stop with an auto takes a bit of getting used to. The quality of the plastics is definitely inferior to the 3 series and it doesn't quite have the BMW driver appeal but the driving position is good and the sports seats are comfortable. Wish I had opted for the sound system upgrade as the standard one is OK but a bit disappointing. Ipod works well through media package and impressed with sat nav. The new iDrive seems a big improvement on one i used on a 2006 535D touring.

Ave 36 MPG consumption on a motorway run with quite heavy traffic on M25/A1 return journey with just 156 miles on the clock.

media business advanced
climate comfort
auto
sports steering wheel
307 style alloy
folding mirrors
sports seats
seat heating front
fineline wave wood
xenons
DAB
service inclusive

apologies for poor pics taken with Blackberry.....which incidentally doesn't pair very well with the X3.
Congrats ! good luck with her !
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 06:29 AM   #15
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
AJWilson's Avatar
Scotland
3
Rep
379
Posts

 
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fife, UK

iTrader: (0)

Looks great
__________________
BMW F25 X3 xDrive20d SE
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 08:05 AM   #16
shagkie
Captain
shagkie's Avatar
9
Rep
628
Posts

 
Drives: a....V8
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GTA, Canada

iTrader: (0)

That doesn't have the Nav package does it? The small screen seem to indicate that it doesn't but I see a map on the screen in the picture above so not sure what to make of it. Anyway the smaller screen look kind of weird between those two piece of plastics. I still haven't decided if I want the Nav package or not but damn the wide screen does look nice in that spot.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #17
Pugger
Private First Class
Pugger's Avatar
Wales
2
Rep
162
Posts

 
Drives: X3 xDrive 2.0d
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cardiff

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagkie View Post
That doesn't have the Nav package does it? The small screen seem to indicate that it doesn't but I see a map on the screen in the picture above so not sure what to make of it. Anyway the smaller screen look kind of weird between those two piece of plastics. I still haven't decided if I want the Nav package or not but damn the wide screen does look nice in that spot.

In the UK you can get a Sat Nav package with the standard 6 inch screen. I think you only get the 8.8 inch screen with the pro sat nav package, which cost 2515. By the way great look car.
__________________
BMW X3xDrive SE2.0D
Sapphire Black, Oyster leather, Manual box, Panoramic Sunroof, Xennon's, Sun Protection Glass, Folding Mirrors, Heated seats, Sports steering wheel, Sienna trim, Xline package and Extended storage. Pro Red Screen Multimedia Package. Delivery date 18/6/2011

Last edited by Pugger; 04-15-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #18
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
9
Rep
662
Posts

 
Drives: '11 X3 28i '10 535i '04 325i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagkie View Post
That doesn't have the Nav package does it? The small screen seem to indicate that it doesn't but I see a map on the screen in the picture above so not sure what to make of it. Anyway the smaller screen look kind of weird between those two piece of plastics. I still haven't decided if I want the Nav package or not but damn the wide screen does look nice in that spot.
Didn't notice that before. You're right it does look different. Kinda of like a 4:3 tv show on a widescreen tv. I went for the Nav, it brings a lot more just maps.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #19
Dobs
New Member
0
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives: F25 xdrive20d
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Congrats!

At last someone who gets an MPG nearer mine!

Interesting to hear that about the standard stereo. I suspected it might be a bit weak, only because it wasn't that long ago that BMW fitted tape players as standard!

Another new X3 Reading plate on the road too

Enjoy
Sfax,

Mine's dropped to 41.9 mpg now! 3300 miles up.

Dobs
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #20
sfax
Brigadier General
sfax's Avatar
United Kingdom
54
Rep
3,853
Posts

 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobs View Post
Sfax,

Mine's dropped to 41.9 mpg now! 3300 miles up.

Dobs
Still better than mine by some margin (37mpg after about 2000). I blame mrs sfax! Oh, and those 19" and wider alloys probably don't help either But it isn't my driving!!
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST