BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » Building X3. Need some advices

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-30-2011, 04:30 AM   #1
Hazard
New Member
 
Drives: E83 X3 3d
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Moscow, Russia

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Building X3. Need some advices

Greetings for all the members of this forum from Russia
It seems I'm a first man from this country writing here
In Russia we have very few persons owning new X3 and thus I cannot get enough information about that car on local forums.
Now I'm an owner of "old" X3 3d (E83) and I like the car very much, but I don't want to drive the same car for decades.
I don't want to change a car manufacturer and car size, so my next cars will most likely be BMW X3 (F25) with 3 liter diesel.
Now I'm trying to understand which exterior and interior colors and which options will my next car have.
I'm making a choice between Alpine White and Mineral Silver exterior colors and between Oyster and Beige interior colors.
The combination of Mineral Silver and Oyster that is presented in BMW promotional pictures looks very nice but in that case the interior has black bottom anyway and I prefer Beige as it has Beige bottow and this makes an interior more warm and light.
Then, I want to have 19" wheels, style 309, but here we have a lot of bad roads, and I don't want to drive without a comfort. Those, who drive F25 with 19" wheels, could you tell me your impressions - how hard is the car on such wheels?
The second questions is about sport sits - does it make sense to order them?
Who drive cars with or without sport sits - tell me your impressions, please.
I'll be happy if anyone helps me
Hazard is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2011, 05:12 AM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
It seems I'm a first man from this country writing here
You haven't met Lukich yet He's a great source for 360 interior views. Search for his posts.

I have 19", sports suspension and sports seats. If you hit big bumps or holes, you do feel them, probably more than you would with 17" and no SS, but for me, it's never uncomfortable and no passengers have ever complained. If I was ordering a new X3 now I would stick with the 19s and the SS.

Sports seats look better and offer more support. Most people prefer them to standard, including me
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2011, 06:01 AM   #3
Hazard
New Member
 
Drives: E83 X3 3d
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Moscow, Russia

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
You haven't met Lukich yet He's a great source for 360 interior views. Search for his posts.

I have 19", sports suspension and sports seats. If you hit big bumps or holes, you do feel them, probably more than you would with 17" and no SS, but for me, it's never uncomfortable and no passengers have ever complained. If I was ordering a new X3 now I would stick with the 19s and the SS.

Sports seats look better and offer more support. Most people prefer them to standard, including me
Thank you! I've followed your advice and looked through Lukich's posts - I met him on our local BMW forum
Thank you for information about 19" wheels and sports sits, I think I must order both things, but this will increase the price up to 100k$
Hazard is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2011, 07:37 AM   #4
MrsAdams2007
Private First Class
 
Drives: Ford F450 :D
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ohio

Posts: 179
iTrader: (0)

I say go for the mineral silver...the white looks better to me only with the M package which removes the black trim around the bottom of the car. I love the Oyster interior with a black exterior because of the black on the bottom...so I say go with the beige for the mineral silver or white ext. I'm reading lots of comments about sport seats, most everyone seems to really like them. I haven't ordered my car yet, but there doesn't seem to be too many ways to go wrong with this car! Enjoy!
MrsAdams2007 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2011, 08:24 AM   #5
Hazard
New Member
 
Drives: E83 X3 3d
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Moscow, Russia

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAdams2007 View Post
I say go for the mineral silver...the white looks better to me only with the M package which removes the black trim around the bottom of the car. I love the Oyster interior with a black exterior because of the black on the bottom...so I say go with the beige for the mineral silver or white ext. I'm reading lots of comments about sport seats, most everyone seems to really like them. I haven't ordered my car yet, but there doesn't seem to be too many ways to go wrong with this car! Enjoy!
Thank you!
I thought about M package but black trim around the bottom of the car save you from light contacts with another car or border stone or another subject.
You can be more careful if you have M package, but you cannot make other drivers be careful with it
But I think a contrast between white exterior and black trim can look nice...
I think X-line package doesn't fit Alpine White, but it should fit Mineral Silver a lot.
The beige interior fits both Mineral Silver and Apline White, at least
It seems I must order sport sits and reject folded mirrors and rear view camera to stay in the same budget
Hazard is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #6
Hazard
New Member
 
Drives: E83 X3 3d
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Moscow, Russia

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

I forgot to ask about Dynamic Damper Control and Variable sport steering - does anybody use them?
If I don't order them and order only Servotronic and Performance control - this will save me 2k$, but I really don't want to be sorry that I didn't order important things...
Hazard is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2011, 08:52 AM   #7
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
I forgot to ask about Dynamic Damper Control and Variable sport steering - does anybody use them?
If I don't order them and order only Servotronic and Performance control - this will save me 2k$, but I really don't want to be sorry that I didn't order important things...
I would go for DDC if you're worried about the ride. Apparently Normal mode is smoother than no DDC (according to someone on this forum)

Not sure on VSS. Heard mixed reviews. Probably worthwhile to have the option if you're getting DDC as well. Servo is enough for me personally but other people have got VSS and leave it on Sport mode all the time as they prefer the feel on Sport mode.
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2011, 09:17 AM   #8
MA78
TK-421
 
MA78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 X3 35i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 610
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAdams2007 View Post
I say go for the mineral silver...the white looks better to me only with the M package which removes the black trim around the bottom of the car. I love the Oyster interior with a black exterior because of the black on the bottom...so I say go with the beige for the mineral silver or white ext. I'm reading lots of comments about sport seats, most everyone seems to really like them. I haven't ordered my car yet, but there doesn't seem to be too many ways to go wrong with this car! Enjoy!
Thank you!
I thought about M package but black trim around the bottom of the car save you from light contacts with another car or border stone or another subject.
You can be more careful if you have M package, but you cannot make other drivers be careful with it
But I think a contrast between white exterior and black trim can look nice...
I think X-line package doesn't fit Alpine White, but it should fit Mineral Silver a lot.
The beige interior fits both Mineral Silver and Apline White, at least
It seems I must order sport sits and reject folded mirrors and rear view camera to stay in the same budget
I went with Alpine White and black interior. Love the colour, and it's easy to maintain.
In my opinion, the M Sport body kit is atrocious. Makes the car look bottom heavy, obese and cheap. It also removes some of the off road utility.
The sport seats are very comfortable. You can adjust the side bolster and thigh extension to fit you body. I've heard some people (typical over weight Americans :P) complain that the seats feel too tight. If you're a bigger chap, you will want to try them out first I think. Just to be safe.
MA78 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2011, 09:28 AM   #9
Hazard
New Member
 
Drives: E83 X3 3d
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Moscow, Russia

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA78 View Post
I went with Alpine White and black interior. Love the colour, and it's easy to maintain.
In my opinion, the M Sport body kit is atrocious. Makes the car look bottom heavy, obese and cheap. It also removes some of the off road utility.
The sport seats are very comfortable. You can adjust the side bolster and thigh extension to fit you body. I've heard some people (typical over weight Americans :P) complain that the seats feel too tight. If you're a bigger chap, you will want to try them out first I think. Just to be safe.
I'm not overweighted, neither my wife...
I understood that sports sits are worth to be ordered
Hazard is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #10
MA78
TK-421
 
MA78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 X3 35i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 610
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
I'm not overweighted, neither my wife...
I understood that sports sits are worth to be ordered
I think so. I've had them on my last two BMWs, and never regretted it. We do lots of road trips, and the seats always feel nice and supportive. Plus, they look a lot better than the stock seats.
MA78 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #11
Jasonskitchen
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 bmw x3 28i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

MA78 -- are you sure you can adjust the side bolsters on the sport seats? I'm about to pull the trigger on the sport package and this could be what I need... Just making sure, thanks!!
Jasonskitchen is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2011, 12:08 PM   #12
MA78
TK-421
 
MA78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 X3 35i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 610
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonskitchen View Post
MA78 -- are you sure you can adjust the side bolsters on the sport seats? I'm about to pull the trigger on the sport package and this could be what I need... Just making sure, thanks!!
I'm one million per cent sure. I have sport seats and have adjusted the bolsters more than a few times.
I think these seats are nearly identical to the sport seats in the e90. If you want to know how they feel, go sit in a new 3 series.
MA78 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST