BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » 2011 BMW X3 2.8i on order

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-17-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
BerkeleyX3
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 2.8i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Berkeley, CA

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Talking 2011 BMW X3 2.8i on order

Ordered my X3 on the 9th of January 2011. Status on BMW website says that the vehicle is at the preparation center. I'm hoping it will arrive here in around 2 weeks from now!

Here are some specs:
Exterior: Alpine White
Interior: Black Nevada Leather

Convenience Package
Sport Activity Package
Technology Package
Premium Package
Heated front seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Premium hi-fi system
Satellite radio

Ordered from BMW of Fremont in the Bay Area.

I've learnt quite a few things from reading the postings on here:
1. The dealer must have replaced a vehicle on their production slot with mine... because this is really fast!
2. I shouldn't worry too much if the specs shown on BMW's site is different from what I ordered (as the dealer changed the configuration on a production slotted for them)
3. BMW's website will skip steps 2 (awaiting transport) and 3 (en route) for vehicles manufactured in S.C.

Keep up the good work guys... we have some great people providing us information that BMW should have in the first place!

Just 1 question, does anyone have a 2.8 with Xenon lights? Does it also come with the LED taillights? Would be quite sad if mine didn't.
BerkeleyX3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #2
MA78
TK-421
 
MA78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 X3 35i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 610
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkeleyX3 View Post
Ordered my X3 on the 9th of January 2011. Status on BMW website says that the vehicle is at the preparation center. I'm hoping it will arrive here in around 2 weeks from now!

Here are some specs:
Exterior: Alpine White
Interior: Black Nevada Leather

Convenience Package
Sport Activity Package
Technology Package
Premium Package
Heated front seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Premium hi-fi system
Satellite radio

Ordered from BMW of Fremont in the Bay Area.

I've learnt quite a few things from reading the postings on here:
1. The dealer must have replaced a vehicle on their production slot with mine... because this is really fast!
2. I shouldn't worry too much if the specs shown on BMW's site is different from what I ordered (as the dealer changed the configuration on a production slotted for them)
3. BMW's website will skip steps 2 (awaiting transport) and 3 (en route) for vehicles manufactured in S.C.

Keep up the good work guys... we have some great people providing us information that BMW should have in the first place!

Just 1 question, does anyone have a 2.8 with Xenon lights? Does it also come with the LED taillights? Would be quite sad if mine didn't.
Wow, this makes me really hate my dealership. I ordered my X3 35i on Dec 6th and it's still listed as "on order" on BMWUSA. My CA is full of excuses. Maybe I should cancel my order and go through another dealership.
MA78 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #3
BerkeleyX3
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 2.8i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Berkeley, CA

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA78 View Post
Wow, this makes me really hate my dealership. I ordered my X3 35i on Dec 6th and it's still listed as "on order" on BMWUSA. My CA is full of excuses. Maybe I should cancel my order and go through another dealership.
That blows. I realized that my dealer is part of a larger chain called Autonation. They might have a lot more production slots than a smaller dealership.
BerkeleyX3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
MA78
TK-421
 
MA78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 X3 35i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 610
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkeleyX3 View Post
That blows. I realized that my dealer is part of a larger chain called Autonation. They might have a lot more production slots than a smaller dealership.
I'm fairly certain that my CA didn't submit my order when he said he did. I'm going to speak with his GSM today.
MA78 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2011, 02:07 PM   #5
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia

Posts: 1,876
iTrader: (0)

It depends a lot on where you"re ordering from. The cars were available first outside the US (apparently BMW taking advantage of exchange rate) and only recently in the US. Outside the US you tack on the shipping time that US customers are accustomed to for cars coming in from Europe. As the X3 just moved to SC, this seems to be messing folks up quite a lot re expectations. I had to wait for US production (as did many) while folks outside we already driving their US-built X3's. Frustrating. Bottom line to me is that you can't really do too much but order and wait. The wait has always been worth it for me (if inconvenient).
Nahoa is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
kdl
New Member
 
Drives: Deep Sea Blue X3 28i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkeleyX3 View Post
Ordered my X3 on the 9th of January 2011. Status on BMW website says that the vehicle is at the preparation center.

I've learnt quite a few things from reading the postings on here:

1. The dealer must have replaced a vehicle on their production slot with mine... because this is really fast!
2. I shouldn't worry too much if the specs shown on BMW's site is different from what I ordered (as the dealer changed the configuration on a production slotted for them)
3. BMW's website will skip steps 2 (awaiting transport) and 3 (en route) for vehicles manufactured in S.C.
You point #1 and #3 are true. But #2 is questionable. According to my CA, as long as order status changed to 150 (or even before that), you cannot change specs. BMWUSA site, spec has a bit lag time, it didn't show correct color I ordered on 11/9 until a few weeks later. Others say that you can change spec at least one week before production begins.

Better verify with your CA, chances are what you see on the BMW site is what you will get. You can ask your CA to show you from his screen shot of the particular prod# or vin#, it's full specs.

After all, it's way beyond quick. My guess is that at the time of your ordering on 1/9, the actual X3 already passed body shop and paint shop, the last step is for assembly. Good luck.
kdl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2011, 02:44 PM   #7
BerkeleyX3
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 2.8i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Berkeley, CA

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdl View Post
You point #1 and #3 are true. But #2 is questionable. According to my CA, as long as order status changed to 150 (or even before that), you cannot change specs. BMWUSA site, spec has a bit lag time, it didn't show correct color I ordered on 11/9 until a few weeks later. Others say that you can change spec at least one week before production begins.

Better verify with your CA, chances are what you see on the BMW site is what you will get. You can ask your CA to show you from his screen shot of the particular prod# or vin#, it's full specs.

After all, it's way beyond quick. My guess is that at the time of your ordering on 1/9, the actual X3 already passed body shop and paint shop, the last step is for assembly. Good luck.
Yep you're right. I was worried. But the dealership did give me a copy of the order before I left the dealership on the 9th and it shows the right production number and the right specs. They made me initial on all the specs on this sheet. So I think I am ok.

On the 9th, the status of the vehicle was "112-scheduled for daily production pack". So it looks like they changed the configuration right before production.
BerkeleyX3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #8
kdl
New Member
 
Drives: Deep Sea Blue X3 28i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkeleyX3 View Post
Yep you're right. I was worried. But the dealership did give me a copy of the order before I left the dealership on the 9th and it shows the right production number and the right specs. They made me initial on all the specs on this sheet. So I think I am ok.

On the 9th, the status of the vehicle was "112-scheduled for daily production pack". So it looks like they changed the configuration right before production.
Just a bit too fast. You can call 800# to listen the current status. Opt#2, then prod#
kdl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #9
BerkeleyX3
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 2.8i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Berkeley, CA

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Will definitely post updates as I get more information.

Here's an image of the order sheet that the dealer gave me... with some bits omitted of course!

Anyone else get this with their order?
Attached Images
 

Last edited by BerkeleyX3; 01-17-2011 at 03:17 PM.
BerkeleyX3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #10
Sp82
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Sp82's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 435/F25 X3 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 1,872
iTrader: (0)

Yes, I got this when I ordered my car... and I have a 2.8i with Xenons, and yes the "angels" are LED
Sp82 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-18-2011, 11:48 AM   #11
BerkeleyX3
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 2.8i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Berkeley, CA

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Just called the 1 -800 number about the vehicle status and it said that the "vehicle was released to a carrier for transportation to the port of release" or something like that.

Woho!
BerkeleyX3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2011, 02:01 AM   #12
mach330
You don't know JACK!!!
 
mach330's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 X5 35i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The OC

Posts: 797
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to mach330 Send a message via Yahoo to mach330
Wow don't get it either. Ordered mine on 11/26 and it's still on order on the website. This blows. Congrats bro.
__________________
Rated /// M
mach330 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #13
ScottX3
New Member
 
Drives: X3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Santa Cruz

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

Has your X3 arrived? Mine has been at the Prep Center since Jan 9.
ScottX3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #14
TrikinCurt
Private First Class
 
Drives: X3 35i Mineral Silver
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hudson,WI

Posts: 108
iTrader: (0)

Hoping to order mine today, I was told that 28i would be a month faster than a 35i. Still getting the 35i

Excited to join the "on order" club! Anyone else picking theirs up at the PDC? That is my current plan.
TrikinCurt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2011, 07:06 PM   #15
JamesBimmer
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: X3 28i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia

Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)

We are picking up at PDC on Feb 25th

28i Space Gray with Black Nevada
Premium Pkg
Convenience Pkg
Cold Weather Pkg
Roof Rails

Ordered on 12-23. It would have been ready for pickup at the PDC on 2-21, but pushed to the 25th so we could drive home over the weekend.

Paying $400 over invoice
JamesBimmer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2011, 12:10 AM   #16
BerkeleyX3
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 2.8i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Berkeley, CA

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottX3 View Post
Has your X3 arrived? Mine has been at the Prep Center since Jan 9.
Not yet. Apparently it's on the train being shipped to Oxnard. Hopefully in 2 weeks, if there are no delays at Oxnard.
BerkeleyX3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2011, 08:47 AM   #17
vrrooom
SES
 
vrrooom's Avatar
 
Drives: 335ix'09,X3'11&911TCab
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NH,GCayman,Chateau region DE

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 335ix  [0.00]
1987 Turbo Cab  [0.00]
2011 X3 3.5  [0.00]
Smile Ordered 1/29

Ordered for PDC delivery 5/2, they are looking at an April build date. Sales might be soft, Build dates within 4 weeks were available. This will be my 4 th X3, all the others were Munich delivery's. White 3.5, Prem, Cold, Performance, Nav, Rails, Shades, Upgraded Sound. Basically the same as my previous X3's.
vrrooom is offline   Cayman Islands
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #18
BerkeleyX3
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 2.8i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Berkeley, CA

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottX3 View Post
Has your X3 arrived? Mine has been at the Prep Center since Jan 9.
Got your car yet? I'm still waiting on mine unfortunately.
BerkeleyX3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #19
halohead52
Private
 
halohead52's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 X3 TS w/Mojave
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Florida

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 F25 28i  [0.00]
2006 E46 330 CiC  [0.00]
Hello all--I'm new to this forum and to forums in general. Never done this before. Neat to be in a space with other BMW lovers. I ordered my X3 on January 28th, told it would be 6-8 weeks. I got an order form that looks like the one in this thread. When I first signed into the production website, it showed the wrong color--black--which I now suspect was just a default placeholder. This morning the color of the picture of the car changed to what I ordered--Titanium silver, so something must have happened! I've never ordered a vehicle before, just took what was on the lot, so this is all a mystery and I appreciate all the information on the production process. My current car is a 2005 325Ci, which I love, but I will be trading it in for the new X3. Nice to "meet" all of you!
halohead52 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2011, 03:25 PM   #20
BIMMER UK 76
Major
 
BIMMER UK 76's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Welcome to forum halohead

You cant beat made to order - selecting from the forecourt (lot) just doesnt cut it
__________________

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
BIMMER UK 76 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #21
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Welcome to forum halohead

You cant beat made to order - selecting from the forecourt (lot) just doesnt cut it
+1 for made to order. Just a shame it takes so long sometimes!
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2011, 04:13 PM   #22
BIMMER UK 76
Major
 
BIMMER UK 76's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
+1 for made to order. Just a shame it takes so long sometimes!
Hope these high winds were having dont delay your delivery

All our booked 20' containers for next week have been delayed until further notice due to high winds at the docks (Im sure the backlog will get cleared quickly)
__________________

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
BIMMER UK 76 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
california, order, production status

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST