BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-14-2024, 11:57 AM   #199
.chris
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyap View Post
For those having errors in your idrive, have you simply tried switching off voltage monitoring?

If you have BimmerCode, it’s a simple process.
Hi,

where can I find the settings? In expert mode?

Greets
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 10:53 PM   #200
pdotc84
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: x4m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailers Domain View Post
Got the Bay Optics ones from LightWerkz

No codes, 2-3 hour installation, the long part is getting the lights out.

Yellow DRL's at LightWerkz

Would you be able to do these for others?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 10:35 PM   #201
spaceman12
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Seeking some help as I know many here have removed the bumper themselves.

I hired a shop to do mine a couple months ago and unfortunately only now notice some panel gap that may not normal between the bumper and fender.

Pics below are from perspective of standing right infront of the mirror and looking down towards the front. I was wondering if you guys are seeing similar panel gaps for the front bumper?

And for those who took it off and put it back on, any idea on what could be causing this gap if it is not normal? When I press against the panel it feels like it has absolutely no room to reduce the gap.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 11:14 AM   #202
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

For my 24 X3 m40i, would I be able to do this without removing bumper/light if I have low profile torx by removing the fender liner?
      05-16-2024, 06:28 PM   #203
Rhdlife
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
So first issue, originally installed 5/11/23. Got light on the dash today and in idrive, unlocking the DRLs light up but quickly fade, blinkers work, headlights work. Odd thing is DRLs in right side do not stay on by themselves like normal operation. Regardless of auto is selected or parking lights are selected. But when headlights are turned to the ON position all lights work, DRLs, low beam, high beam and blinkers. Very odd, I contacted ice driver and they said they would warranty it so I’ll report back once I receive.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 06:14 AM   #204
Rhdlife
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhdlife View Post
So first issue, originally installed 5/11/23. Got light on the dash today and in idrive, unlocking the DRLs light up but quickly fade, blinkers work, headlights work. Odd thing is DRLs in right side do not stay on by themselves like normal operation. Regardless of auto is selected or parking lights are selected. But when headlights are turned to the ON position all lights work, DRLs, low beam, high beam and blinkers. Very odd, I contacted ice driver and they said they would warranty it so I’ll report back once I receive.
Update… pulled the upper module, turns out one of the LEDs for the DRL fell off of the board and has been burned into the tube. I removed what I could and replaced board and everything works like it should with no errors and I don’t notice any light output difference. Definitely concerned about the longevity of the tube though. I did use the thermal paste glue blue I don’t think it was as good as factory.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2024, 06:41 PM   #205
eg80sc
your biggest hater
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3MC

Warning for LCI people: This is not an Easy DIY to do it correctly if you did not purchase bulb with the heatsink already on it. There are too many risks involved, this makes it not a basic mod but quickly can turn into a nightmare situation if you mess up.

1. Your bulbs are friction rivet mounted to the heatsink, you will need to drill out the rivets or pry out the oem bulbs which risks the board bending and breaking. Please purchase bulbs with heatsinks already. If you are prying, note the rivet areas will stretch and crack the board. Make sure to drill out if you are planning to reuse the heatsink and OEM bulb in the future.

If you want to pry the board off, use two old credit cards and wedge between the heatsink and board and shove a screw driver in between. Please note: This will break and crack the board off, not recommended.

2. You absolutely cannot do this with the bumper on the car, you must remove the headlights to do them correctly and access two of the boards. Can't believe people are using the Dremel to avoid this; just buy some extra bumper plastic rivets and take it off and do it right...

3. Do not use thermal tape. Please use industrial high strength thermal epoxy glue such as 8329TFF adhesive and let the adhesive cure and set for few hours. If you tug it after few hours you will notice it's not going to come off unless you pry it off.

Heat is what kills the LED, ones from Bayoptik, IND and/or EAS looks exactly like the one we received from a Chinese supplier at half the cost. Mine look to be metal plated like the newer revisions most vendors are selling.

This quickly became a more hands-on project due to modifications needed, would not recommend to be honest but it is a pretty good mod. Just please buy the ones with heatsink already on them and you can avoid all the drilling out and adhesive part.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2024, 11:11 AM   #206
pmark837
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M Comp, Audi S5 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhdlife View Post
Update… pulled the upper module, turns out one of the LEDs for the DRL fell off of the board and has been burned into the tube. I removed what I could and replaced board and everything works like it should with no errors and I don’t notice any light output difference. Definitely concerned about the longevity of the tube though. I did use the thermal paste glue blue I don’t think it was as good as factory.
Thats wild, it got so hot it melted all the solder holding some of the other SMD's on the board too.
2013 Audi S5 Coupe - Misano Red
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2024, 02:40 PM   #207
bad430benz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eg80sc View Post
[B]Can't believe people are using the Dremel to avoid this
Well believe it cuz it happens . Way faster and easier than the 1000 step process you and others are going through . I actually can't believe anyone would rather disassemble the whole front of the vehicle to change some light colors

If I didn't come up with the Dremel method myself , I would never have installed the DRLs .
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2024, 02:54 PM   #208
dinan5m3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e39 m5 e46 m3 g01 x3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad430benz View Post

If I didn't come up with the Dremel method myself ,
What exactly in this "Dremel method"?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2024, 03:18 PM   #209
bad430benz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinan5m3 View Post
What exactly in this "Dremel method"?
Using a Dremel on the plastic light housings to make enough room to get the DRLs out without removing bumpers or lights .
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2024, 03:22 PM   #210
eg80sc
your biggest hater
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad430benz View Post
Well believe it cuz it happens . Way faster and easier than the 1000 step process you and others are going through . I actually can't believe anyone would rather disassemble the whole front of the vehicle to change some light colors

If I didn't come up with the Dremel method myself , I would never have installed the DRLs .
I can respect your decision, I just don't have the heart to dremel a brand new car
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2024, 08:39 PM   #211
SCCmass1
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M Comp

Has anyone here purchased the chips already attached to new heatsinks? If so, where can this setup be purchased?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 01:33 PM   #212
NevadaK
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M, 135i

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [10.00]
2021 BMW X3M  [10.00]
Silence about the chips attached to the heatsinks?? I saw ali express has the chips for pre-LCI X3M's for $50 per set. Seems pretty cheap. Anybody try these things? The yellow DRL's seem pretty popular with the Florida BMW crowd.
Appreciate 0