BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-26-2023, 08:26 AM   #1
Captain_67
Rep
Drives: BMW 840d

Garage List
2017 bmw x3  [0.00]
AAG retrofit FDL coding F25

I am not sure if i have posted this in the corrrect place,

I have just fitted a manually detatchable towbar to my X3 (F25) I have also installed the AAG module after a battle trying to install the CAFD file. I have tried the HO-Wort function as suggested by a number of users but my reversing camera does not show the trailer zoom function, which left me wondering if all the other affected ECU's were correctly configured. If I SALAPA code the car to 3AC I have the towbar zoom function and therefore hopefully all other ECU's configured correctly. Unfortunately as 3AC is the code for a motorised tow bar there are errors because the ecu has no comms as the motor is not fitted therefore it cannot 'sense' the position of the tow hitch. I have attached a screenshot of the AAG parameters and wondered if it is possible to FDL code the AAG for a manual hitch and if so how i should do it. I have only FDL coded the start stop so far so still have a lot to learn about coding.

Also if anyone has the connector / pin assignments for the FRM module for the brake light and hazard warning switch output it would be appreciated

ECU's I have coded for 3AC

KOMBI
ACSM
DSC2
HUNBT
ICM
ICAM2
FRM
PMA2

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2023, 09:20 AM   #2
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
I don't have a hitch but enabled towbar zoom for when backing into a parking space or pulling through a space to see my rear bumper in relation to the painted parking line. Don't want to be that guy with their rear over the line

Set the following:
HU_CIC>3000>Macro_trailer_coupling=Aktiv
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2023, 09:28 AM   #3
Captain_67
Rep

Garage List
2017 bmw x3  [0.00]
Thanks for the reply pungo,I probably havent explained myself very well, I can enable and disable the towbar zoom without too much of a problem. the issue i am having is the towbar module AAG is coded for an electrically deployable version (3AG) but i have a manual towbar. i could code the whole car with HO-Wort 235 but it doesnt give me the correct function in HU NBT which makes me wonder if the DSC for example is configured correctly (and how can i check!). I know the car is configured correctly with 3AC but the towbar needs to be FDL coded to manual towbar (I think)
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 06:53 AM   #4
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

You can code using K235 and for HU code it according to your preference.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 07:32 AM   #5
Captain_67
Rep

Garage List
2017 bmw x3  [0.00]
Thank you,

Not sure if it was me but the only way i found to code it successfully was to Ho-wort the car as K235 and code the AAG module (so the car thinks its a manual towbar, which it is) then change the VO to 3AC and code all the other modules Kombi, DSC, FRM etc except for the AAG. seems to work well anyway.

The only think i would have liked is some acknowledgement from the car that it is in trailer mode once a trailer is connected. I think this has been implemented on the G01 version.

I am also unsure whether the switch contact in the socket needs to be connected to the ECU as the AAG module appears to detect the load after a couple of seconds. I have conected the internal socket switch to as follows

Pin 7 Ground
Pin 11 Switch signal

I am unsure if this is required and if it is required if i have got the correct pins?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 12:02 PM   #6
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

The pinout looks correct.
The pin 7 in wiring diagrams is labeled as HALL+. Maybe this is used for load detection
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2023, 07:06 AM   #7
Captain_67
Rep

Garage List
2017 bmw x3  [0.00]
Ok i will try that as well, I thought the Hall conections were possibly related to the hall sensors that would be fitted to the motor of the hitch to detect the position of the hitch.
Appreciate 0