BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-08-2015, 11:19 AM   #1
X3MAN
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3xdrive28i

2015 X3 ordered

Ordered a 2015 BMW X3

Alpine White
Mocha nevada leather
Burl Walnut Wood Trim with Pearl Gloss Chrome highlight
Side and Top View Cameras
Parking Assistant
Cold Weather Package
Heated front seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Retractable headlight washers
Heated rear seats
Driver Assistance Package
Park Distance Control
Rear view camera
Lighting Package
Xenon headlights
Adaptive Full LED Lights
Adaptive light control
Automatic high beams
Premium Package
Lumbar support
Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
Comfort Access keyless entry
Panoramic moonroof
Technology Package
Remote Services
Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information
Navigation system
BMW Online and BMW Apps
Instrument cluster with extended contents
Head-up Display
xLine

Production started

Bought with a 20% down
Have a few queries

1. Do i need to get the GAP insurance
2. Tire and wheel insurance: worth it?
3. Extended maintenance/ warranty? do we take it now or after end of 4 year/50 K miles

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 11:44 AM   #2
WatchThis!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d SE

Nice!
Just out of interest, how long will it be before you take delivery?
      01-08-2015, 01:07 PM   #3
kjoseph270
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 XDrive 40i MSport

The race is on! Nice to have someone in lockstep on the forum in terms of production..since you're East coast you will probably win on delivery. I was really close to going with white/mocha but wife vetoed the white. Congrats!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...GAP is mainly for leasing...Most insurance co's don't do GAP for purchase, depends on the state, no?
Tire and wheel: I used to say no way but after my '12 328i with $300 run-flats (replaced one in the first 4 months) I'm now a believer.
Extended warranty can be purchased at any time before the initial warranty runs out, just depends on if you want to pay for it now or wait and probably pay more for it at the back end.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 06:27 PM   #4
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Congrats! Excellent choice in color combo
      01-09-2015, 07:11 AM   #5
VinX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3

OP, when did you order yours? I ordered mine at the end of Dec. 2014, and my car is scheduled to build on week 5.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 08:00 AM   #6
wings516
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35ix & Turbo M3

1. GAP insurance is used to cover whatever your insurance doesn't pay the lender in the event of a total loss.

This was a huge deal when I was buying, as the dealer, the bank AND my insurance company wanted to sell me this since I was financing for such a large period.

I recommend getting it through your insurance company. It was cheaper for me, and here is the thing, if you just bought it and it is brand new, chances are if you wreck it the first month, GAP will cover your bum, but you did say you put 20% down. Now, 2-3 years down the road? Probably won't need it, depending on your financing method; Call the insurance company up and have them remove it.

I financed mine (CPO) for 84 months at 2.8% 0% down. I am going to skip GAP coverage until my market value dips $2,000 below what I owe, which I don't expect to happen for at least another 2-3 years since I bought mine $5,000 under market value.

Food for thought. Look at market value of used 2015's and see if they are around what you owe on it. GAP can be removed or added at any given time from what my insurance agent says, but after 6-8 months of owning the car, the cost for it goes up.

My insurance was going to charge me $199/year for GAP on $32,000. At the end of the day, its really inconsequential, and probably worth it even if you don't total it within 10 years. If you refinance your car down the road, GAP will be a good thing to have too if market value drops.

3. I would take it after the 50k. From whatever my research has come up with for the 2011's, shit starts hitting the fan around 90k. I drive 23,000 miles a year though... so use your own judgement there. If you know you are going to need brake pads or rotors, etc during the extended period, probably worth it.

Last edited by wings516; 01-09-2015 at 08:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 09:57 AM   #7
X3MAN
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchThis! View Post
Nice!
Just out of interest, how long will it be before you take delivery?
*** 4-6 weeks, ordered 01.2.15, estimated: mid feb****
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 10:01 AM   #8
X3MAN
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjoseph270 View Post
The race is on! Nice to have someone in lockstep on the forum in terms of production..since you're East coast you will probably win on delivery. I was really close to going with white/mocha but wife vetoed the white. Congrats!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...GAP is mainly for leasing...Most insurance co's don't do GAP for purchase, depends on the state, no?
Tire and wheel: I used to say no way but after my '12 328i with $300 run-flats (replaced one in the first 4 months) I'm now a believer.
Extended warranty can be purchased at any time before the initial warranty runs out, just depends on if you want to pay for it now or wait and probably pay more for it at the back end.
*** we compared AW/MW: wanted the brighter white look which was better seen with AW. wanted to get a darker interior, and fell in love with mocha after seeing it."
my dealership quoted 700 for GAP and 1450 for Tire/wheel. will check with a few leadership and insurance company before confirming.
Have you tried taking tire/wheel from some other company like trireack?
thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 10:02 AM   #9
X3MAN
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
Congrats! Excellent choice in color combo

THANK YOU
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 10:04 AM   #10
X3MAN
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinX3 View Post
OP, when did you order yours? I ordered mine at the end of Dec. 2014, and my car is scheduled to build on week 5.
ordered Jan 2
currently tracking: Status says 01. Production begins
hoping it will be here early feb
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 10:07 AM   #11
X3MAN
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings516 View Post
1. GAP insurance is used to cover whatever your insurance doesn't pay the lender in the event of a total loss.

This was a huge deal when I was buying, as the dealer, the bank AND my insurance company wanted to sell me this since I was financing for such a large period.

I recommend getting it through your insurance company. It was cheaper for me, and here is the thing, if you just bought it and it is brand new, chances are if you wreck it the first month, GAP will cover your bum, but you did say you put 20% down. Now, 2-3 years down the road? Probably won't need it, depending on your financing method; Call the insurance company up and have them remove it.

I financed mine (CPO) for 84 months at 2.8% 0% down. I am going to skip GAP coverage until my market value dips $2,000 below what I owe, which I don't expect to happen for at least another 2-3 years since I bought mine $5,000 under market value.

Food for thought. Look at market value of used 2015's and see if they are around what you owe on it. GAP can be removed or added at any given time from what my insurance agent says, but after 6-8 months of owning the car, the cost for it goes up.

My insurance was going to charge me $199/year for GAP on $32,000. At the end of the day, its really inconsequential, and probably worth it even if you don't total it within 10 years. If you refinance your car down the road, GAP will be a good thing to have too if market value drops.

3. I would take it after the 50k. From whatever my research has come up with for the 2011's, shit starts hitting the fan around 90k. I drive 23,000 miles a year though... so use your own judgement there. If you know you are going to need brake pads or rotors, etc during the extended period, probably worth it.

Tried Geico, they said they don't do GAP for my state, will check with other companies
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 10:15 AM   #12
carypearson
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335xi 6 spd

Placed my order December 19, but I think it got stuck in the Holiday Close down of the factory.

I still have no production week available via the Phone # or the web site. I do have a production #.

I am at stage 0 order documented. I did notice that when I first started it was showing a black xline X3, and now it is showing the Melbourne Red Msport that is what I ordered.

My order is as follows

Melbourne Red
M Sport
Dynamic Handling Package
Mocha Nevada leather
Anthracite Trim with Pearl Gloss Chrome highlight
Surround View
Heated front seats
Park Distance Control
Rear view camera
Premium Package
Technology Package
Automatic Cruise Control
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 11:29 AM   #13
kjoseph270
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 XDrive 40i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3MAN View Post
Tried Geico, they said they don't do GAP for my state, will check with other companies
Thanks
Yeah I figured it depended on the state, I just have never thought about it because my insurance co (USAA) has always done it for minimal amount more - they call it "total loss protection." It's automatic unless you opt out of it.

I'm still on the fence about the tire/wheel for that price. Let me know if you find a cheaper price!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 11:37 AM   #14
Nordkeyz73
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i ZSP, Macan Turbo

X3MAN , saw you're in the CT, what dealership did you order from? I'm always going back and forth between New Country and Gengras of West Springfield.
      01-09-2015, 11:16 PM   #15
Ultbruin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 M5

Quote:
ordered Jan 2
currently tracking: Status says 01. Production begins
hoping it will be here early feb
Wow yours is going quick.
Dec 11 - ordered
Dec 21 - noticed color changed to my alpine white sample vehicle
Jan 6 - production begins
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2015, 09:08 PM   #16
X3MAN
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordkeyz73 View Post
X3MAN , saw you're in the CT, what dealership did you order from? I'm always going back and forth between New Country and Gengras of West Springfield.
i went to 2 dealerships, went with KBB and true car fair price. based on my experience i will avoid bridgeport/ north haven BMW.
my best rate was from greenwich but i had already placed my order from watertown BMW by the time greenwich got back to me. if u are looking to buy, email BMW greenwich or watertown
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2015, 09:10 PM   #17
X3MAN
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carypearson View Post
Placed my order December 19, but I think it got stuck in the Holiday Close down of the factory.

I still have no production week available via the Phone # or the web site. I do have a production #.

I am at stage 0 order documented. I did notice that when I first started it was showing a black xline X3, and now it is showing the Melbourne Red Msport that is what I ordered.

My order is as follows

Melbourne Red
M Sport
Dynamic Handling Package
Mocha Nevada leather
Anthracite Trim with Pearl Gloss Chrome highlight
Surround View
Heated front seats
Park Distance Control
Rear view camera
Premium Package
Technology Package
Automatic Cruise Control
keep the update on, also please share what ur plans are about GAP and tire/wheel

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2015, 09:11 PM   #18
X3MAN
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultbruin View Post
Wow yours is going quick.
Dec 11 - ordered
Dec 21 - noticed color changed to my alpine white sample vehicle
Jan 6 - production begins
Congrats
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 09:06 AM   #19
Nordkeyz73
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i ZSP, Macan Turbo

Quote:
i went to 2 dealerships, went with KBB and true car fair price. based on my experience i will avoid bridgeport/ north haven BMW.
my best rate was from greenwich but i had already placed my order from watertown BMW by the time greenwich got back to me. if u are looking to buy, email BMW greenwich or watertown
Thanks for the advice. I've heard good things about Greenwich too. Something to consider.
      01-11-2015, 12:12 PM   #20
jts0202
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3

What percentage did you get off of MSRP?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 12:25 PM   #21
X3MAN
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts0202 View Post
What percentage did you get off of MSRP?
i got >7% ( but i was also able to get the 1K off as the grad incentive). I think the trick is to go to a few, get some quotes and email the others and ask them to compete each other.
Another tip: if the MSRP is <50 K the tax rate is 6.3%, otherwise it is 7%, so plz ask the dealership to work on that, That will make a difference of nearly another 5-600 USD.
good luck:
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 01:26 PM   #22
jts0202
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
i got >7% ( but i was also able to get the 1K off as the grad incentive). I think the trick is to go to a few, get some quotes and email the others and ask them to compete each other.
Another tip: if the MSRP is <50 K the tax rate is 6.3%, otherwise it is 7%, so plz ask the dealership to work on that, That will make a difference of nearly another 5-600 USD.
good luck:
Thanks for the answer! Enjoy your loaded X3, the Mocha interior should be nice.
Appreciate 0