BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » New MY14 X335dM Ordered.

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #45
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
 
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: England

Posts: 202
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktang912 View Post
Same here. I haven't seen a F25 X3 with this colour combination in flesh, but I guess this may give a bit more feeling of personal preference. Besides, being in a relatively much less populated country, we do not have a lot of choices on colours and features; the worst part is: we have to pay almost twice as much of what our American friends do for the same X3, yet we get less warranty period!
Sometimes we just need to forget about the bad part and focus on the good part - enjoying the driving... when it arrives.

PS. I have had the website of this forum open on my iPad all the time since I ordered the car. I am really grateful that people are so helpful here. Thanks mates!
At least you don't live in Singapore...!

So you can't order the same options as us over here? You'd have thought they'd be available... they are all made in the same factory...!

What date is yours due to arrive? I assume it has a longer boat trip than mine...
__________________
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
stumblingtrout is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #46
ktang912
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 X3 30d
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Perth Australia

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumblingtrout View Post
At least you don't live in Singapore...!

So you can't order the same options as us over here? You'd have thought they'd be available... they are all made in the same factory...!

What date is yours due to arrive? I assume it has a longer boat trip than mine...
Currently it is due to arrive in mid June. Finger crossed!

We do get some options of features for selection, but not as extensive. Saying that, the 30d comes with as standard: Nevada leather with lumber support and memory, prof. Nav, xLine and xenon lights, so not too much complaints here.
ktang912 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2013, 06:38 AM   #47
Ontheballcity
Enlisted Member
 
Ontheballcity's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 30d
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Norwich, UK

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

My dealer has given me a chassis number and told me my 30d is in production now. This is slightly early as it was forecast as week 17 for production.

BMW are saying early June for UK delivery but the dealer feels this is pessimistic and anticipates late May.

I guess it will probably come over on the same boat as Jay Ell and stumblingtrouts cars who were week 17 and 16 build respectively.

Any news on your deliveries?
Ontheballcity is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #48
kaland
Private
 
kaland's Avatar
 
Drives: MY14 BMW X3 2.0D
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontheballcity View Post
My dealer has given me a chassis number and told me my 30d is in production now. This is slightly early as it was forecast as week 17 for production.

BMW are saying early June for UK delivery but the dealer feels this is pessimistic and anticipates late May.

I guess it will probably come over on the same boat as Jay Ell and stumblingtrouts cars who were week 17 and 16 build respectively.

Any news on your deliveries?
This is good news, as mine is supposed to be produced this week and has also been told to expect delivery in june.
Guess all european orders are shipped on the same boat and to the same harbor before it´s spread out to the different countries.
__________________
MY14 X3 2.0D Deep Sea Blue M-Sport, Oyster colored cow, allOpt.
kaland is offline   Norway
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #49
Ontheballcity
Enlisted Member
 
Ontheballcity's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 30d
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Norwich, UK

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaland View Post
This is good news, as mine is supposed to be produced this week and has also been told to expect delivery in june.
Guess all european orders are shipped on the same boat and to the same harbor before it´s spread out to the different countries.
Yes, my dealer said the boat drops the cars off in Germany and they are distributed from there. I did see another thread on the forum suggesting the UK cars go to Southampton though. Not sure which is correct.
Ontheballcity is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #50
buze
Owner
 
Drives: F25 2.0d Manual
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Berkshire, Powys

Posts: 215
iTrader: (0)

I'm pretty certain the UK cars go straight to the UK, mine certainly did... there are a few car tracked (possibly in the "UK orders" topic and they definitely shows that... so unless they changed shipping method recently...
__________________
Received 13-03-01. 2.0d Manual:Sparkling Bronze:Red/Brown Leather:Alu Trim:Run Flats:Xenons:Auto Headlights:Moonroof:Thermal Glass:Sunblinds:Comfort Access:Electric Tailgate:Electric Seats:Lumbar:Extended Storage:Top view cam...
buze is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #51
Jay Ell
Private
 
Jay Ell's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW F25 30D M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Essex, UK

Posts: 89
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontheballcity View Post
My dealer has given me a chassis number and told me my 30d is in production now. This is slightly early as it was forecast as week 17 for production.

BMW are saying early June for UK delivery but the dealer feels this is pessimistic and anticipates late May.

I guess it will probably come over on the same boat as Jay Ell and stumblingtrouts cars who were week 17 and 16 build respectively.

Any news on your deliveries?
That IS very interesting indeed..
The last call I had, which was the start of this week, was from the sales manager informing me that my sales rep at my dealer just quit!
So I'm thinking that communication now for me will fall off a cliff.
This at least gives me reason to call them and get an update.
__________________
F25 X3 30D M Sport - Carbon Black / Black
Jay Ell is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #52
Booty
Enjoying it!
 
Drives: X3 3.0D M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: UK

Posts: 93
iTrader: (0)

Hope you get lucky!

My dealer, and IMO, was full of shite from day one! Promised start of May, then end of May, then first week in April. Car was in uk for 12 days and dealer still said couldn't guarantee second week in April. Simply told him it better be here or cancel order... Surprise it arrived!

As I said, I hope you have the rare dealer who fulfills his promise.
Booty is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #53
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
 
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: England

Posts: 202
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontheballcity View Post
Yes, my dealer said the boat drops the cars off in Germany and they are distributed from there. I did see another thread on the forum suggesting the UK cars go to Southampton though. Not sure which is correct.
They come into a port up north, Yorkshire somewhere and then all go to BMW's big prep centre in Yorkshire. I forget which town, i did write it down somewhere because I asked!
__________________
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
stumblingtrout is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #54
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
 
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: England

Posts: 202
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booty View Post
Hope you get lucky!

My dealer, and IMO, was full of shite from day one! Promised start of May, then end of May, then first week in April. Car was in uk for 12 days and dealer still said couldn't guarantee second week in April. Simply told him it better be here or cancel order... Surprise it arrived!

As I said, I hope you have the rare dealer who fulfills his promise.
How long from your car being finished in the USA to receiving it? from what I hear, about 8 weeks is normal.
__________________
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
stumblingtrout is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #55
Ontheballcity
Enlisted Member
 
Ontheballcity's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 30d
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Norwich, UK

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumblingtrout View Post
They come into a port up north, Yorkshire somewhere and then all go to BMW's big prep centre in Yorkshire. I forget which town, i did write it down somewhere because I asked!
Lets hope they do come straight to the UK, it will be quicker!
Ontheballcity is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-20-2013, 02:07 AM   #56
Booty
Enjoying it!
 
Drives: X3 3.0D M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: UK

Posts: 93
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumblingtrout View Post
How long from your car being finished in the USA to receiving it? from what I hear, about 8 weeks is normal.
Not sure mate.

My car landed at Southampton and then made its way to Oxford before distribution from there.
Booty is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-20-2013, 04:51 AM   #57
buze
Owner
 
Drives: F25 2.0d Manual
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Berkshire, Powys

Posts: 215
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booty View Post
Not sure mate.

My car landed at Southampton and then made its way to Oxford before distribution from there.
Mine was ordered 8th of Dec, was built around the 15th january, and arrived at the dealer the 20th of february to be picked up the 1st march...

So depending how the 'build slots' align with the UK boat, it can be a lot quicker than 8 weeks...
__________________
Received 13-03-01. 2.0d Manual:Sparkling Bronze:Red/Brown Leather:Alu Trim:Run Flats:Xenons:Auto Headlights:Moonroof:Thermal Glass:Sunblinds:Comfort Access:Electric Tailgate:Electric Seats:Lumbar:Extended Storage:Top view cam...
buze is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #58
UKMS
Private First Class
 
UKMS's Avatar
 
Drives: F25 20d SE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 170
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
Mine was ordered 8th of Dec, was built around the 15th january, and arrived at the dealer the 20th of february to be picked up the 1st march...

So depending how the 'build slots' align with the UK boat, it can be a lot quicker than 8 weeks...
Does anyone know how frequently the ships run across to the UK ?
MS
__________________
(F25 20d SE, Auto, Space Grey, Black Nevada Leather, Sports Seats, Brushed Alu Trim, xLine, VDC, Pro Media, Vis Pack, Cold Pack, Pan Roof, Sun Protect Glass, Elec Seats, Top View Camera, HUD- Full Black Panel)
UKMS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #59
Ontheballcity
Enlisted Member
 
Ontheballcity's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 30d
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Norwich, UK

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
Mine was ordered 8th of Dec, was built around the 15th january, and arrived at the dealer the 20th of february to be picked up the 1st march...

So depending how the 'build slots' align with the UK boat, it can be a lot quicker than 8 weeks...
This sort of fits in with my dealers guesstimate of around a couple of weeks better than BMW. I suppose BMW have to allow themselves some slack.
Ontheballcity is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #60
Ontheballcity
Enlisted Member
 
Ontheballcity's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 30d
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Norwich, UK

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Phoned my dealer today. My car has been built and is at the port. He is confident it will be in the UK in week 20 and "definitely 100%" in my hands by the original dealer estimate of the 25th May. Lets wait and see!

Anyone else got an update from the week 16 and 17 build cohort?
Ontheballcity is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #61
deVisée
New Member
 
Drives: X3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Leuven - Belgium

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Picking up mine tomorrow, sleepless night ahead!

Ordered in November...
deVisée is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #62
Ontheballcity
Enlisted Member
 
Ontheballcity's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 30d
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Norwich, UK

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deVisée View Post
Picking up mine tomorrow, sleepless night ahead!

Ordered in November...
That was some wait! Enjoy tomorrow it should be a great day.
Ontheballcity is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #63
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontheballcity View Post
Phoned my dealer today. My car has been built and is at the port. He is confident it will be in the UK in week 20 and "definitely 100%" in my hands by the original dealer estimate of the 25th May. Lets wait and see!

Anyone else got an update from the week 16 and 17 build cohort?
You may be able to track it. Follow instructions here

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480776
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #64
Ontheballcity
Enlisted Member
 
Ontheballcity's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 30d
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Norwich, UK

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
You may be able to track it. Follow instructions here

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480776
Thanks. Looking at the sailing times to Southampton the next boat (Courage) leaves the USA on the 03/05/13 and arrives in Southampton on the 22/05/13 so if this is the correct route it looks like my dealer is wrong and the car won't be here week 20.

However my dealer thinks the cars go to Germany first. The same boat calls in Bremerhaven in Germany on the 19/05/13 - still later than week 20 though.

I'll try and clarify this with him tomorrow.
Ontheballcity is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #65
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

I think they all go to Germany first, even if there are no X3s for delivery to German customers on the ship. It's like a blessing
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #66
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
 
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: England

Posts: 202
iTrader: (0)

I've been told the 10th June for mine, but this may change either way depending on boat schedules etc...

I'll email him for an update...
__________________
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
stumblingtrout is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST