BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > BMW X3 Photo/Video Gallery » Post up pics of aftermarket wheels!

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
mikeith
Lieutenant
mikeith's Avatar
11
Rep
450
Posts

 
Drives: 07 E90 335i. TiAG
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: lubbock, tx

iTrader: (0)

Post up pics of aftermarket wheels!

i can't for the life of me find any good pics of new x3's w/ aftermarket wheels

i'm looking to get some staggered 20" VRM V710's but trying to get an idea of other wheels/tires on other peoples to see what size tires and what offset i want to go with
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
Looker.
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 X3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

hmm, i am thinking about getting 1 set of 20" VMR staggered setup as well. I believe that will look shinning. mikeith, do you know if VMR wheels have the right sizes like bolt, offset and etc for F25? Will they work on an X3?~
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 06:14 PM   #3
mikeith
Lieutenant
mikeith's Avatar
11
Rep
450
Posts

 
Drives: 07 E90 335i. TiAG
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: lubbock, tx

iTrader: (0)

yes i spoke with VMR yesterday. they dont recommend doing staggered because of it being AWD but all that matters is overall diameter. i'm going 20x9 and 20x10 35 offset on both.

front tires will be 245/45-20 and rear will be 275/40-20 to get a 1" larger overall diameter look! i think it will be nice looking!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 09:53 PM   #4
Looker.
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 X3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeith View Post
yes i spoke with VMR yesterday. they dont recommend doing staggered because of it being AWD but all that matters is overall diameter. i'm going 20x9 and 20x10 35 offset on both.

front tires will be 245/45-20 and rear will be 275/40-20 to get a 1" larger overall diameter look! i think it will be nice looking!
Excellent! Excellent! Thanks very much for you update from VMR. If that works, it will be a much better looking and cheaper 20" wheel setup than the BMW M double-spoke 310 which costs over 5K... It is true that M double-spoke 310 wheels with 245/40-20 front and 275/35-20 in those pictures still look small somehow. Hope your bigger tires will look nicer.
And, what color of the VMR V710's are you getting mikeith? and what color of your X3 is?
Mine is Alpine white and thing about getting matte black V710's
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:34 PM   #5
mikeith
Lieutenant
mikeith's Avatar
11
Rep
450
Posts

 
Drives: 07 E90 335i. TiAG
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: lubbock, tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looker. View Post
Excellent! Excellent! Thanks very much for you update from VMR. If that works, it will be a much better looking and cheaper 20" wheel setup than the BMW M double-spoke 310 which costs over 5K... It is true that M double-spoke 310 wheels with 245/40-20 front and 275/35-20 in those pictures still look small somehow. Hope your bigger tires will look nicer.
And, what color of the VMR V710's are you getting mikeith? and what color of your X3 is?
Mine is Alpine white and thing about getting matte black V710's
its a alpine white one as well. going to go with gunmetal. ive had alot of cars with black wheels and while black wheels look great in pictures in person anything further than 20-30' its hard to even tell any detail on what the wheels look like so it makes them less appealing to me. and matte black wheels look dirty all the time
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 03:40 AM   #6
Looker.
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 X3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeith View Post
its a alpine white one as well. going to go with gunmetal. ive had alot of cars with black wheels and while black wheels look great in pictures in person anything further than 20-30' its hard to even tell any detail on what the wheels look like so it makes them less appealing to me. and matte black wheels look dirty all the time
Mikeith, noticed you are selling your oem 369 wheels. Wondering have you got ur VMR wheels or not. Hope you can share some pics. I still can't decide which color of v710 to go for. Matte black or gunmetal, hard to choose!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #7
mikeith
Lieutenant
mikeith's Avatar
11
Rep
450
Posts

 
Drives: 07 E90 335i. TiAG
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: lubbock, tx

iTrader: (0)

not yet, my wife doesnt want to get em until we have hers sold, i have a place that can have em in 24/48hrs i'm juts waiting on a buyer for her stockers first
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #8
jvr
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: X3 35i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Did you ever find any pictures of a 2011/12 X3 with the VMR V710's?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
SHABSX3M
Registered
Canada
0
Rep
2
Posts

 
Drives: X3 M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Manitoba

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvr View Post
Did you ever find any pictures of a 2011/12 X3 with the VMR V710's?
Same here that's what we are looking for with Stance-5 Black and EAGLE GT
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #10
bmw_luv
New Member
bmw_luv's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 X3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Morton, IL

iTrader: (0)

I just put 20s on my x3 and really like the look. The wheels are Lorenzo's. I posted a pic a few threads down if you want to check it out .
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST