BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » M Sport with DHP versus Sport Activity with DHP

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-04-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
ErnestHouse
First Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
318
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 535i GT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Question M Sport with DHP versus Sport Activity with DHP

Both packages get you the sports seats, headliner and adjustable suspension/steering/shift experience. According to the brochure, the 35i gets a Sports Automatic Transmission.

But, as far as I can tell for the 28i, the extra $1750 MSRP for M Sport is for the 19" wheels/tires, "Aerodynamics" package, black glossy paint on window/roof rails, slightly thicker steering wheel and extra body paint on the bumpers.

So the only tangible sporty "feel", if any, is going to come from the tires and the steering wheel correct?

Anyone know what the Aerodynamics package is?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
tango131
Private
1
Rep
67
Posts

 
Drives: Boxster S; 2013 X3 28i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnestHouse View Post
Both packages get you the sports seats, headliner and adjustable suspension/steering/shift experience. According to the brochure, the 35i gets a Sports Automatic Transmission.

But, as far as I can tell for the 28i, the extra $1750 MSRP for M Sport is for the 19" wheels/tires, "Aerodynamics" package, black glossy paint on window/roof rails, slightly thicker steering wheel and extra body paint on the bumpers.

So the only tangible sporty "feel", if any, is going to come from the tires and the steering wheel correct?

Anyone know what the Aerodynamics package is?
correct. M-sport is mostly appearance (body colored bumpers, M-sport steering wheel, larger 19 inch wheels) and for the 35i, paddle shifters (althoguh I think it is now optional for 28i too, which it wasn't when we bought ours.

the m-port steering wheel is thicker than the SAP one and you get 19 inch wheels and body colored bumpers that most feel looks better/more sporty. check the pics.
__________________
2013 X3 28i, AW, Chestnut, Sienna, ZAP, ZCV, ZCW, ZDH, ZPP, rear view, park distance, cargo net (Wife's) (Pics and story)

2010 Porsche Boxster S (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
ErnestHouse
First Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
318
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 535i GT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Right. I pointed both of those things out.

I did fail to render clearly that SAV has the X-Line trim vs the M Sport "glossy black paint" aka Shadowline Trim.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
bogx3
New Member
0
Rep
19
Posts

 
Drives: honda
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: queens nyc

iTrader: (0)

I'm also wondering what the Aerodynamics Package refers to. Perhaps it's just the painted bumpers?

I'm not sure whether all of this is worth the extra $1750. The 19" wheels look better but there are tradeoffs involved especially if you are planning to drive them in snow conditions. (Although I'm guessing not if you live in Florida!)
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #5
lbjgh
Major
lbjgh's Avatar
Canada
24
Rep
1,468
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Up here there is no sports activity package so if you want the good seats, bigger wheels and other 'enhancements' you have to get the M-sport. The sport shifting transmission is about the only performance feature as the other stuff is lipstick.
__________________
2013, AW, xDrive35i, M Sport Package, Technology Package, Dynamic Comfort Package, Premium Package, 3M Clear Bra, Euro foglight switch, a few coded fixes
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 03:24 AM   #6
QTPie
Private First Class
2
Rep
157
Posts

 
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Aerodynamics package refers to the slightly different shaped skirts and front grill I think.

It is basically a cosmetic package: some people think that it is worth the extra cost, others don't.

I went for the CB M Sport and am really glad of my choice: looks very slick.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #7
JC7727
New Member
1
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogx3 View Post
I'm also wondering what the Aerodynamics Package refers to. Perhaps it's just the painted bumpers?

I'm not sure whether all of this is worth the extra $1750. The 19" wheels look better but there are tradeoffs involved especially if you are planning to drive them in snow conditions. (Although I'm guessing not if you live in Florida!)
its not just paint, its a different front bumper.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #8
ErnestHouse
First Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
318
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 535i GT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
...The sport shifting transmission is about the only performance feature as the other stuff is lipstick.
Good point. The brochure indicates the M Sport package adds the sport transmission and paddles shifters on the 35i but reading xbimmers, it looks like the 28i gets them as well if made after August 2012.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST