BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » Update UPD01005.bin available now

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
April1
Love All
 
April1's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 28i 2011
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 738
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to April1
Update UPD01005.bin available now

Update UPD01005.bin is available now.

It doesn't resolve Bluetooth email issue.
April1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #2
pault
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 F25 35i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 198
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by April1 View Post
Update UPD01005.bin is available now.

It doesn't resolve Bluetooth email issue.
What is the Bluetooth email issue?
__________________
2011 F25 35i Space Gray with Black Leather
Cold Weather | Convenience | Dynamic Handling | Premium | Sport Activity | Technology | Dynamic Damper Control | Head-up Display | Smartphone | BMW Apps | Premium hi-fi | Satellite radio | Automatic high beams
pault is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2012, 12:58 AM   #3
April1
Love All
 
April1's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 28i 2011
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 738
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to April1
There are two issues:
1. Emails on iPhone are displayed on iDrive as SMS
2. One needs to adjust mail notification every time phone is connected to iDrive over Bluetooth to get emails on iDrive.
April1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
 
MattUK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 X3 3.0D MSport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 627
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Suspect this will be a fix for Apple rather than the Bluetooth.. 6.1 has just gone beta, so maybe there is something in there, I've not checked the readme on it
MattUK is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUK View Post
Suspect this will be a fix for Apple rather than the Bluetooth.. 6.1 has just gone beta, so maybe there is something in there, I've not checked the readme on it
You reckon BMW would release an update so soon after the iOS6 release? This is the same BMW who took a whole year to release an iPhone 4 media snap-in adaptor...

Maybe it's fixed the "can't answer the f--king phone with the steering wheel phone button" bug
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers

Last edited by sfax; 11-06-2012 at 05:20 PM. Reason: missing "the" :)
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #6
NYCX3
Private
 
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 28i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY

Posts: 92
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by April1 View Post
Update UPD01005.bin is available now.

It doesn't resolve Bluetooth email issue.
Where does one download the update, and how is it installed?
NYCX3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #7
April1
Love All
 
April1's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 28i 2011
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 738
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to April1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCX3 View Post
Where does one download the update, and how is it installed?
It's available on BMW.com\Update

Download it on a USB flash drive at its root. Connect to USB port of your car and go to settings and software update.
April1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2012, 12:04 AM   #8
ReturnZero
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 X3 35i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chandler, Arizona

Posts: 301
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by April1 View Post
It's available on BMW.com\Update

Download it on a USB flash drive at its root. Connect to USB port of your car and go to settings and software update.
I just did an update a couple weeks ago, is this newer than that?
ReturnZero is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #9
April1
Love All
 
April1's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 28i 2011
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 738
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to April1
I noticed it just a day ago.

Check the SW version on your car, it should be TX-003.005.005 for telephone.

So far BMW has issued three updates:
UPD01000
UPD01004
UPD01005
April1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #10
NYCX3
Private
 
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 28i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY

Posts: 92
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by April1 View Post
It's available on BMW.com\Update

Download it on a USB flash drive at its root. Connect to USB port of your car and go to settings and software update.
Thank you.
NYCX3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2012, 02:46 AM   #11
BMWrules7
Major
 
Drives: 2011 750Li, Alpine White
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston Area

Posts: 1,038
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by April1
There are two issues:
1. Emails on iPhone are displayed on iDrive as SMS
2. One needs to adjust mail notification every time phone is connected to iDrive over Bluetooth to get emails on iDrive.
Hi April,

You should know that my 2011 750 li Xdrive works flawlessly with email.

Here is the trick and it works 100% of the time for me. I did report it here somewhere.

1. After your blue tooth recognizes and pairs with iphone, do the following. Like, just before you put the iPhone in the cradle.

2. Push the round menu button once to get you to a display of icons.

3. Double click the round menu button (yes, the same menu button)

4. A row of icons with a red/white minus sign next to them will appear.

5. Carefully slide your row of icons until you find the icon for email on the iPhone.

6. Touch the red minus sign associated with the email icon. This effectively kills the email process. (This is similar to a kill -9 in unix)

7. Tap the menu button once to get hide the row of icons.

8. Click on the normal email icon.

9. Click on inbox to see your messages.

10. Press the round button once to hide the email. This leaves your newly started email process in the background.

That's it. Now I know these ten steps seem like a lot. But, it is not. It only takes a few moments and is faster than going finding the settings icon, etc.

Just give it a shot. You will see it is not that bad. Once complete, the iPhone works in cradle or out for the rest if your trip.

If you leave the car with your iPhone, then you must go to tele and reselect your blue tooth connection...then follow these steps.

In reality, it only takes a few seconds to execute the above. It looks like a lot of steps, but it really isn't and I just wanted to carefully outline the procedure.
BMWrules7 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2012, 03:27 AM   #12
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
Hi April,

You should know that my 2011 750 li Xdrive works flawlessly with email.

Here is the trick and it works 100% of the time for me. I did report it here somewhere.

1. After your blue tooth recognizes and pairs with iphone, do the following. Like, just before you put the iPhone in the cradle.

2. Push the round menu button once to get you to a display of icons.

3. Double click the round menu button (yes, the same menu button)

4. A row of icons with a red/white minus sign next to them will appear.

5. Carefully slide your row of icons until you find the icon for email on the iPhone.

6. Touch the red minus sign associated with the email icon. This effectively kills the email process. (This is similar to a kill -9 in unix)

7. Tap the menu button once to get hide the row of icons.

8. Click on the normal email icon.

9. Click on inbox to see your messages.

10. Press the round button once to hide the email. This leaves your newly started email process in the background.

That's it. Now I know these ten steps seem like a lot. But, it is not. It only takes a few moments and is faster than going finding the settings icon, etc.

Just give it a shot. You will see it is not that bad. Once complete, the iPhone works in cradle or out for the rest if your trip.

If you leave the car with your iPhone, then you must go to tele and reselect your blue tooth connection...then follow these steps.

In reality, it only takes a few seconds to execute the above. It looks like a lot of steps, but it really isn't and I just wanted to carefully outline the procedure.
Not tried this but I'm struggling to see how this can possibly be faster or better than one change to settings - mail notifications each time you get in the car (assuming this is a fix that you have do every time you get in the car). Maybe I'm missing something

Does this method fix emails being incorrectly categorised as SMS?

Flawless to me would be you set it up once and it works forever.
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2012, 06:24 AM   #13
BMWrules7
Major
 
Drives: 2011 750Li, Alpine White
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston Area

Posts: 1,038
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
Hi April,

You should know that my 2011 750 li Xdrive works flawlessly with email.

Here is the trick and it works 100% of the time for me. I did report it here somewhere.

1. After your blue tooth recognizes and pairs with iphone, do the following. Like, just before you put the iPhone in the cradle.

2. Push the round menu button once to get you to a display of icons.

3. Double click the round menu button (yes, the same menu button)

4. A row of icons with a red/white minus sign next to them will appear.

5. Carefully slide your row of icons until you find the icon for email on the iPhone.

6. Touch the red minus sign associated with the email icon. This effectively kills the email process. (This is similar to a kill -9 in unix)

7. Tap the menu button once to get hide the row of icons.

8. Click on the normal email icon.

9. Click on inbox to see your messages.

10. Press the round button once to hide the email. This leaves your newly started email process in the background.

That's it. Now I know these ten steps seem like a lot. But, it is not. It only takes a few moments and is faster than going finding the settings icon, etc.

Just give it a shot. You will see it is not that bad. Once complete, the iPhone works in cradle or out for the rest if your trip.

If you leave the car with your iPhone, then you must go to tele and reselect your blue tooth connection...then follow these steps.

In reality, it only takes a few seconds to execute the above. It looks like a lot of steps, but it really isn't and I just wanted to carefully outline the procedure.
Not tried this but I'm struggling to see how this can possibly be faster or better than one change to settings - mail notifications each time you get in the car (assuming this is a fix that you have do every time you get in the car). Maybe I'm missing something

Does this method fix emails being incorrectly categorised as SMS?

Flawless to me would be you set it up once and it works forever.

No. The emails are still tagged as texts. My way is faster since you don't have to waste time reading menu options.

Flawless to me means it works every time. I said the solution was flawless.

If you were to forget to initiate this procedure before take off then my way can be fine without looking at the screen too much.
BMWrules7 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2012, 08:32 AM   #14
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
No. The emails are still tagged as texts. My way is faster since you don't have to waste time reading menu options.

Flawless to me means it works every time. I said the solution was flawless.

If you were to forget to initiate this procedure before take off then my way can be fine without looking at the screen too much.
Or simply leave your settings as an icon on your home screen (mine already is anyway) and then exit settings when it is still showing the Alert Style screen.

Then all you need to do is press settings once (which will open the alert screen again), change alert style and press home.
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST