BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

My X3 has been with dealers for last 7 weeks having nearly 60 hail stone dents fixed (including new bonnet and re-spray) and should be ready tomorrow but not missed it one bit. A little worried about future leaks and rattles from sunroof as they had to remove sunroof to fix dents in roof.

Did have use a new Discovery 4 HSE for a month or so (a business trip to Vegas and then couple of weeks in Chile padded out time). Also had the use of a nice new 320i xDrive loaner over the weekend and despite lacking a little oomph it was very enjoyable to drive and stuck to road like glue (no body roll like X3). Got me wondering about next car choice and at moment fancy a all wheel drive saloon which really limits choice in UK (pity 5 series in UK will not get xDrive until next model)

Anyone else thinking of changing X3? If so what is under consideration?

All above might change when I get it back tomorrow evening, lets see.

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
My X3 has been with dealers for last 7 weeks having nearly 60 hail stone dents fixed (including new bonnet and re-spray) and should be ready tomorrow but not missed it one bit. A little worried about future leaks and rattles from sunroof as they had to remove sunroof to fix dents in roof.

Did have use a new Discovery 4 HSE for a month or so (a business trip to Vegas and then couple of weeks in Chile padded out time). Also had the use of a nice new 320i xDrive loaner over the weekend and despite lacking a little oomph it was very enjoyable to drive and stuck to road like glue (no body roll like X3). Got me wondering about next car choice and at moment fancy a all wheel drive saloon which really limits choice in UK (pity 5 series in UK will not get xDrive until next model)

Anyone else thinking of changing X3? If so what is under consideration?

All above might change when I get it back tomorrow evening, lets see.
Swap the 20d for a X3 30d or 35d ?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick123
Swap the 20d for a X3 30d or 35d ?
I have yet to have same model for consecutive cars but the F25 30d and 35d will be a consideration for sure and will be interesting to see tweaks for LCI update next year.

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
I have yet to have same model for consecutive cars but the F25 30d and 35d will be a consideration for sure and will be interesting to see tweaks for LCI update next year.
I've only taken out 2 year finance on the x3 and did the same on my last car- Hyundai Santa Fe.
At the moment there doesn't appear to be another car i'd choose.
I like the power of the 30d, and apart from the Q5, there doesn't appear to be another match for the power/ size/ technology. I don't need anything bigger, I like having a 4*4, and I don't want to pay anymore. I think the x3 might last beyond its 2 year finance OR I'll give up on life and buy a Dacia Duster :
Appreciate 0