BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-30-2012, 07:16 AM   #199
thecam
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep
Drives: X3 M-sport

the problem is that I have buyed and installed combox from bimmertech they have coded it and coded bmw app.Now I'm afraid that when I'll take in the bmw service my car for upgrades they take away from the encoding of the combox and then the bmwonline and bmw apps.It is possible save this data to eventually restore them later? Thank you for your support ....
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #200
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecam View Post
the problem is that I have buyed and installed combox from bimmertech they have coded it and coded bmw app.Now I'm afraid that when I'll take in the bmw service my car for upgrades they take away from the encoding of the combox and then the bmwonline and bmw apps.It is possible save this data to eventually restore them later? Thank you for your support ....
When Bimmer Tech did the work, they probably added 6VC and 6NR to your VO. What I am not sure of is when the dealer codes the car, if it will use your modified VO, or the factory original from Munich. If they use the modified VO, you probably won't loose the coding, and if they use the original VO you most certainly will. However, the coding is very simple. You can always just add 6VC and 6NR back to the VO and then VO Code HU_CIC and CMB_MEDIA (and CMB_ECALL if it is Combox Telemtics) after the dealer programming.

The one thing though I would be concerned about is BMW Apps. When BMW Apps first came out, it did not require an FSC Code (Enabling Code), then BMW Changed it to where it does, I think with version 4.2. So, if your BMW Apps is now working without and FSC Code because you have old firmware on your HU_CIC, if the dealer programs your car, when they flash the latest 47.5 firmware on your HU_CIC, you will suddenly need an FSC code, and that will run you a few hundred dollars. If Bimmer Tech though originally added an FSC Code and imported and activated it, then you should be alright. You need to ask Patryk about that. You can also check and see if you have an active 6NR FSC code using E-Sys.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #201
thecam
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep
Drives: X3 M-sport

I'm trying to contact April1 for buy the kit.After coildmyou help me on how check it,please?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #202
legaleye3000
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i; 2015 X3

1. Can someone post the location and values for removing the seatbelt gong?

2. I got the BMW live menu to appear but it says that I need to enable Bluetooth data transfer which I thought I did. Anyone know how to enable Bluetooth data transfer?

3. I saw a couple of references to a2dp and enabled it but its not showing up in Bluetooth settings... Any ideas? Maybe I missed a couple of values?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #203
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecam View Post
I'm trying to contact April1 for buy the kit.After coildmyou help me on how check it,please?
Yes. When you get E-Sys, we will determine two things. The ISTA/P on your car, and if 6NR FSC Code is present. Let me know when you are up and running.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 12:39 AM   #204
DesertStorm
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i

Got my kit from April1 yesterday (cable and software). Instructions are awesome! Thanks!

Got my X3 coded today:

Auto stop/start: remember last setting
Lift gate close with fob and button on drivers side
Auto close widows, moonroof, fold in mirrors from fob and comfort access
TPMS pressure and temp display
Digital speed on BC display
Disable seat belt gong
Unlock doors on engine stop
Disable legal disclaimers for iDrive and camera
Telephone ringtone through combox

Looking to see what else is available, but I'm very happy so far.
2015 X5 sDrive35i - Space Grey Metallic
2013 X3 xDrive35i - Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #205
tobert
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 28i

Mirror/Headlight Questions

I've asked this a couple of times but haven't seen a reply...maybe no one knows, so if that's the case sorry for reposting!

I want to be able to use the button in the car to fold in my mirrors at any speed. Currently I have to slow or stop in order to fold them in. Can anyone tell me where I can code this setting?

Also, in my opinion, it is making the switch from Daytime Running Lights to Headlights too early. I'd like it to wait until it's a little darker out before making the switch. Is this something that would be easy to code also? Has anyone tried it?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #206
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobert View Post
I've asked this a couple of times but haven't seen a reply...maybe no one knows, so if that's the case sorry for reposting!

I want to be able to use the button in the car to fold in my mirrors at any speed. Currently I have to slow or stop in order to fold them in. Can anyone tell me where I can code this setting?

Also, in my opinion, it is making the switch from Daytime Running Lights to Headlights too early. I'd like it to wait until it's a little darker out before making the switch. Is this something that would be easy to code also? Has anyone tried it?
To my knowledge no one worked on these features yet and you won't find a ready solution. Some one has to try to decipher them.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 12:52 AM   #207
cj168
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by April1 View Post
Coding made easy: Step by step instructions for Fxx Series
What is needed for coding:
...[*]E-Sys software 3.18.4 with installation password and coding PIN

Quote:
Can you tell me where I could find E-Sys software 3.18.4 with installation password and coding PIN, and psdzdata 47.4?
Hello April1,

I'm new to the coding and got the same questions as tobert re. password and coding PIN while reading your instructions. Please advise once you got a chance.

Many Thanks,
-cj168
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 01:52 AM   #208
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj168 View Post
Hello April1,

I'm new to the coding and got the same questions as tobert re. password and coding PIN while reading your instructions. Please advise once you got a chance.

Many Thanks,
-cj168
Dorect Links were available earlier on forums but they have been taken off. You can search forums, you can still find them.

PM me.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #209
tobert
Rep

On my way!

So I got my wire and software last night, and successfully coded:

Unlock doors when engine is stopped.
Close mirrors + windows + moon roof through key FOB/Comfort Access
Close Trunk/ Tailgate through button on FOB/Button on Drivers Side

My next task is DVD in Motion. I started this last night, but it didn't seem clear to me, so I decided rather than rush it, I'd try again today. For those of you who have already done this....based on the F25 cheat sheet, I expected SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX and SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN to show an existing value of something like 3_kmh = 3 or 8_kmh = 8 and I'd need to change that value to FF. But when I go in there, it just shows WERTE=00 just like the other settings I've changed. Do I change the 00 to FF? Or am I looking at the wrong spot?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #210
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So I got my wire and software last night, and successfully coded:

Unlock doors when engine is stopped.
Close mirrors + windows + moon roof through key FOB/Comfort Access
Close Trunk/ Tailgate through button on FOB/Button on Drivers Side

My next task is DVD in Motion. I started this last night, but it didn't seem clear to me, so I decided rather than rush it, I'd try again today. For those of you who have already done this....based on the F25 cheat sheet, I expected PEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX and PEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN to show an existing value of something like 3_kmh = 3 or 8_kmh = 8 and I'd need to change that value to FF. But when I go in there, it just shows WERTE=00 just like the other settings I've changed. Do I change the 00 to FF? Or am I looking at the wrong spot?
Yes. This is different than the other coding, where you change the dropdown box selection. Here you have to change the Werte Value from 00 to FF. Right Click on it and select Edit, then in the bottom window, change 00 to FF, and then hit the icon in the upper right corner of the bottom window (or Ctrl-Enter I think) to save the new Werte Value.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #211
tobert
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Yes. This is different than the other coding, where you change the dropdown box selection. Here you have to change the Werte Value from 00 to FF. Right Click on it and select Edit, then in the bottom window, change 00 to FF, and then hit the icon in the upper right corner of the bottom window (or Ctrl-Enter I think) to save the new Werte Value.

Thanks!! That was my assumption, but I didn't want to "guess" incorrectly! You know what they say about assuming! And thanks also for the very fast reply! I love this forum!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #212
Binas_daddy
Mid-life compromise
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35i F25 N55 Z8

Thanks for your help,Shawn. Thanks for posting this, April1.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #213
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

Well, I was going to give coding a go tonight but ran into a few glitches.

I don't have a 'coding' button under vehicle order.

I was able to read FA, vin(ECU) and svt but got a SVT error.

At this point I aborted any coding attempt.

...any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Attached Images

10-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #214
amoeba
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 330i zhp, F30 335-MSport

Sorry if I missed it. But is there a thread that tracks what are all the good knobs you can tweak via coding?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #215
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep

Select coding on the left pane in Expert Mode.

Last edited by April1; 10-10-2012 at 10:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #216
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Now i just feel stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by April1 View Post
Select coding on the left pane
      10-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #217
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep

The fun you get after success would be great.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #218
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

edited

woohoo!

To date working:

Disable legal disclaimers for iDrive
DVD in motion enabled

Last edited by lbjgh; 10-12-2012 at 09:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #219
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
woohoo!

To date:

Working

Disable legal disclaimers for iDrive

soon...

DS ---> D1-D7
Congratulations. You did it.

Hope you have saved the original cafd files and also taking backup after each coding session.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #220
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Thanks April. I appreciate your contribution to the forum.

I did keep the original cafd files but I'm not taking a backup after each session.

I think I'm happy with the setup now so I'll do a backup of the current cafd files for future reference.

The one thing I am looking into is to see if I can enable the active HID on my Canadian car. We get self leveling but not active steering like the USA 35i.