BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » Audio Volume Problem

09-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
pantong

Drives: 2013 X3

Audio Volume Problem

Hi everyone:

I just got my BMW 2013 X3 with the premium sound package for about a month and I like the car so far. However ever since I had the car, I been notice some strange behaviors with my volume settings. It seems to me that my audio volume level always default backs to specific default setting every time I park the car and restart it again. It doesn't matter what my audio source (ipod or satellite radio), I still having the same problem. Has everyone here experienced a similar issue? Or this could be just me of not doing something right? I tried to look into the manual, but i didn't find anything. Please help.
      09-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
clivem2
Captain

Drives: F25 3.0D MSport

If it's going to a quiet setting this would be correct behaviour. It's a safety feature.

Sept 2011

Last edited by clivem2; 09-20-2012 at 04:44 PM.
      09-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
Dechy
Private

Drives: 2011 X3 35i M

That's normal, and something the GF / kids love because I usually listen to music pretty loud when I'm alone, and I usually always forgot to tone it back down in case i'm not the one taking the car again the next day. Good feature in my books.
Dechy is offline   Canada
      09-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
saulgoodman
Private First Class

Drives: 2012 F25 N52T

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantong View Post
Hi everyone:

I just got my BMW 2013 X3 with the premium sound package for about a month and I like the car so far. However ever since I had the car, I been notice some strange behaviors with my volume settings. It seems to me that my audio volume level always default backs to specific default setting every time I park the car and restart it again. It doesn't matter what my audio source (ipod or satellite radio), I still having the same problem. Has everyone here experienced a similar issue? Or this could be just me of not doing something right? I tried to look into the manual, but i didn't find anything. Please help.
Doesn't the audio/hvac/headlights are also part of keyfob based memory setting?
saulgoodman is offline   United_States
      09-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
DonC
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2013 X3 3.5i M sport, etc

Mine does the same thing - it's good for me.
2007 TL-S
DonC is offline   United_States