BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
Kiernan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition/911 GTS

Those without Professional Nav - music details between the dials?

Was having a play with an X3 at the dealers today which had Professional Navigation, and noticed that it had music details on the large screen between the dials.

The X3 that I have on order doesn't have any form of navigation (don't really need it, and £2,000+ seems too expensive), but just wondered if you can view the entertaiment details on the 'cheapo' display. Wouldn't have thought so as the display is substantially smaller, but thought I'd ask.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
SR40X3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Yes pretty sure the music details appear on the small info display between the dials.

Can definitely confirm you can select radio stations by using the steering wheel buttons and that is shown on the display. Also with a CD track numbers are displayed.

Our X3 has no nav and find that centre info display useful but the Idrive controller easily to and the main centre display just a glance away.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
Kiernan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition/911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR40X3 View Post
Yes pretty sure the music details appear on the small info display between the dials.

Can definitely confirm you can select radio stations by using the steering wheel buttons and that is shown on the display. Also with a CD track numbers are displayed.

Our X3 has no nav and find that centre info display useful but the Idrive controller easily to and the main centre display just a glance away.
Excellent, thanks for your response. Whilst I agree it's not essential as the central display is so close, it's one of those little touches that make the car seem special.

Roll on October when I'll be able to pick up the new toy.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
slam
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3

You do have the music details of the songs played on the radio, assuming they are RDS channels. The same with CD an USB drive songs. You an also search by artist, album and song, but unable to get the Music Cover Art and play DVDs.

I believe you need the NAV system for these features. Still not worth paying the $2,000+ for this feature and you should be more than happy with the system.

Appreciate 0