BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » Coding made Easy: A step by step procedure

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #23
dmunz
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2012 BMW 535i GT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Houston


Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
So April1,

Would there be any issues using a netbook running win7 32bit to code my car?

thanks,
lbjgh
I've coded using a older Sony VGN-P90S (thats the thin narrow one). It has a 1.86GH Atom with 128 MB SSD using Windows 7 32 bit. No problems at all.

FWIW
DLM
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #24
BMWLVX
Private
0

 
Drives: X3 2.0d
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Europe


Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plymjack View Post
Going to give this a go... anyone else in the SW UK want to team up on this then I am happy to work with another,

Looking to
1. make wipers auto on Default
2. Main beam auto on Default

Anyone have the cheats for theses to add to the cribb sheet?
Add me to the wipers auto on by default list. Annoying to have to set it each time. Ditto for not remembering which setting the car was in for Comfort, Sport or Sport+.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #25
lbjgh
Major
Canada
24

 
lbjgh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of Toronto


Posts: 1,460
iTrader: (0)

Great thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunz View Post
I've coded using a older Sony VGN-P90S (thats the thin narrow one). It has a 1.86GH Atom with 128 MB SSD using Windows 7 32 bit. No problems at all.

FWIW
DLM
__________________
2013, AW, xDrive35i, M Sport Package, Technology Package, Dynamic Comfort Package, Premium Package, 3M Clear Bra, Euro foglight switch, a few coded fixes
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #26
BMWs
Private
United_States
3

 
Drives: 2012 X3 35i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh


Posts: 69
iTrader: (0)

I see there is a newer version of the psdzdata files (46.6) available. I need to download the software now to start coding. Will the new version work with a 2012 X3 35i or should I download the older version (46.3)? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #27
April1
Love All
United_States
16

 
April1's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 28i 2011
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Francisco


Posts: 739
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Yahoo to April1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWs View Post
I see there is a newer version of the psdzdata files (46.6) available. I need to download the software now to start coding. Will the new version work with a 2012 X3 35i or should I download the older version (46.3)? Thanks.
Version 46.3 should be good enough for reconfiguring the parameters of your car. We have so far no feedback on the 46.6. In general, one should pickup version that matches with the I- Level of the car, backwards compatibility list is not available. People have used higher versions and are ok.

I'm too downloading the 46.6 and will analyze for the changes and release new Setup file if needed.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #28
BMWs
Private
United_States
3

 
Drives: 2012 X3 35i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh


Posts: 69
iTrader: (0)

Thanks I decided to download newer version since I didn't get far downloading the older one. Maybe it will have more coding options!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #29
April1
Love All
United_States
16

 
April1's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 28i 2011
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Francisco


Posts: 739
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Yahoo to April1
Quote:
Originally Posted by April1 View Post
Version 46.3 should be good enough for reconfiguring the parameters of your car. We have so far no feedback on the 46.6. In general, one should pickup version that matches with the I- Level of the car, backwards compatibility list is not available. People have used higher versions and are ok.

I'm too downloading the 46.6 and will analyze for the changes and release new Setup file if needed.
We have now feedback trickling in and my analysis also shows that the data v46.6 that is floating on sites is actually v46.3 and not v46.6.

So no need to change any coding steps or the data at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #30
vettr
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2011 X3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada


Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

My install experience....all data on laptop HDD install only took between 5-10 mins, just thought I would share
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #31
April1
Love All
United_States
16

 
April1's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 28i 2011
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Francisco


Posts: 739
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Yahoo to April1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettr View Post
My install experience....all data on laptop HDD install only took between 5-10 mins, just thought I would share
Did you install the data directly from your HDD or from an external USB drive?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #32
vettr
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2011 X3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada


Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Created a folder on my desktop with all the necessary files in your step by step and then installed from there
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #33
April1
Love All
United_States
16

 
April1's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 28i 2011
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Francisco


Posts: 739
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Yahoo to April1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettr View Post
Created a folder on my desktop with all the necessary files in your step by step and then installed from there
Thanks. My estimates in the step by step procedures were based on data residing on external USB flash drive and an old laptop Thanks for the info, I will reword my instructions now.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #34
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
10

 
Horsey's Avatar
 
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London


Posts: 448
iTrader: (0)

Anyone know how to turn of the stupid notice to tell you that to engage reverse you have to press the button on the gear lever.

The notice is ok, but requires you to click Ok on I drive to make it go away even though on second attempt you are now in reverse ... Except with your top view obstructed with the stupid message that still needs acknowledgement!
__________________
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #35
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
United_States
67

 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX


Posts: 4,699
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by April1 View Post
We have now feedback trickling in and my analysis also shows that the data v46.6 that is floating on sites is actually v46.3 and not v46.6.

So no need to change any coding steps or the data at the moment.
There is no doubt this version is newer than the previous version, as the new version is from 6/20 while the previous version was from 4/20, and the following 13 CAFD files were added are in this latest version:

----------------------------------------------
cafd_000000ae.caf.005_004_000 249,837
cafd_000000f9.caf.007_003_009 2,955,507
cafd_00000bce.caf.005_012_000 721,717
cafd_0000007e.caf.002_003_007 44,945
cafd_000007a1.caf.005_018_028 2,014,103
cafd_000009ef.caf.000_016_003 1,180,127
cafd_000014a8.caf.100_000_001 21,185
cafd_0000068d.caf.001_006_003 58,585
cafd_00000163.caf.007_001_006 1,344,995
cafd_00000171.caf.002_002_001 37,729
cafd_00000223.caf.013_006_006 1,986,099
cafd_00000794.caf.002_020_029 6,060,497
cafd_00000985.caf.003_001_111 88,591
----------------------------------------------

The actual PSdZdata version though remains unclear to me as the F10 Integration Level remains unchanged. It is quite conceivable this is v.46.6 and still I-Level F010_12_03_512, but if that is the case, since we are seeing new F10's having even newer CAFD files (e.g. CIC CAFD file cafd_000000f9.caf.007_002_157) than what is in this new release (e.g. CIC CAFD file cafd_000000f9.caf.007_002_006), it would indicate that there exists a version somewhere, perhaps in Munich only, that is higher than this release, maybe the rumored v.47.x.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #36
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
10

 
Horsey's Avatar
 
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London


Posts: 448
iTrader: (0)

Oh yes ... And if anyone finds out how to enable forward warning on a car with speed limit info ... Would love to know!
__________________
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #37
April1
Love All
United_States
16

 
April1's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 28i 2011
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Francisco


Posts: 739
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Yahoo to April1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
There is no doubt this version is newer than the previous version, as the new version is from 6/20 while the previous version was from 4/20, and the following 13 CAFD files were added are in this latest version:

----------------------------------------------
cafd_000000ae.caf.005_004_000 249,837
cafd_000000f9.caf.007_003_009 2,955,507
cafd_00000bce.caf.005_012_000 721,717
cafd_0000007e.caf.002_003_007 44,945
cafd_000007a1.caf.005_018_028 2,014,103
cafd_000009ef.caf.000_016_003 1,180,127
cafd_000014a8.caf.100_000_001 21,185
cafd_0000068d.caf.001_006_003 58,585
cafd_00000163.caf.007_001_006 1,344,995
cafd_00000171.caf.002_002_001 37,729
cafd_00000223.caf.013_006_006 1,986,099
cafd_00000794.caf.002_020_029 6,060,497
cafd_00000985.caf.003_001_111 88,591
----------------------------------------------

The actual PSdZdata version though remains unclear to me as the F10 Integration Level remains unchanged. It is quite conceivable this is v.46.6 and still I-Level F010_12_03_512, but if that is the case, since we are seeing new F10's having even newer CAFD files (e.g. CIC CAFD file cafd_000000f9.caf.007_002_157) than what is in this new release (e.g. CIC CAFD file cafd_000000f9.caf.007_002_006), it would indicate that there exists a version somewhere, perhaps in Munich only, that is higher than this release, maybe the rumored v.47.x.
Great information. Shawn is one of the pioneers in coding and his experience and analysis is invaluable. Thanks.

We will wait and watch before we reflect changes into our step by step procedures.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #38
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
54

 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK


Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
Anyone know how to turn of the stupid notice to tell you that to engage reverse you have to press the button on the gear lever.

The notice is ok, but requires you to click Ok on I drive to make it go away even though on second attempt you are now in reverse ... Except with your top view obstructed with the stupid message that still needs acknowledgement!
It's so annoying that you'll stop doing it after a while. I used to do this all of the time when I first got my X3 but I can't remember the last time I saw it
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 02:49 AM   #39
BMWLVX
Private
0

 
Drives: X3 2.0d
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Europe


Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

Has anyone activated the Internet feature using E-Sys?
Another thing I'm curious about is if I were to add the code 6NR in the FA-Editor of E-Sys and code it to my car, would it put the ConnectedDrive option in my menu? I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try as my car doesn't have the necessary hardware to support 6NR

Last edited by BMWLVX; 07-16-2012 at 06:11 AM.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #40
rgx3
Enlisted Member
United_States
1

 
rgx3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X3 xDrive 35i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Western Washington State


Posts: 40
iTrader: (0)

Parking Ventilation

I read the F25 cheat sheet codes and didn't see one for setting the Parking Ventilation. As of now the option is greyed out and can't be selected. Maybe Am I just ignorant? I can set the two timers. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #41
BMWs
Private
United_States
3

 
Drives: 2012 X3 35i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh


Posts: 69
iTrader: (0)

It's already activated in US, just have to set times. Really doesn't do much though and I never use it.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #42
rgx3
Enlisted Member
United_States
1

 
rgx3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X3 xDrive 35i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Western Washington State


Posts: 40
iTrader: (0)

Are you sure?

I just re-read the owners manual and on the settings screen for climate there are three check boxes. The first on says "activate parking ventilation". This one is greyed out and won't let me select it. The other two are, "activate timer 1", and , "activate timer 2". These I can select which checks the box and allows me to enter a time. The owners manual states that you can either switch it on using the first selection, or use the timers. I can only use the timers. Anybody else have the situation that I have? I'd actaully like to try out the feature to see if the car stays any cooler while parked in the sun. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #43
Teemo Panda
*Bimmerpost Plasti Dip Guru*
United_States
20

 
Teemo Panda's Avatar
 
Drives: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey (NJ)


Posts: 1,179
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [2.83]
Not to be negative but,

I think this coding will be a problem if you are planning to upgrade to next year's Navigation for the f25.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #44
April1
Love All
United_States
16

 
April1's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 28i 2011
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Francisco


Posts: 739
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Yahoo to April1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemo Panda View Post
Not to be negative but,

I think this coding will be a problem if you are planning to upgrade to next year's Navigation for the f25.
If you have saved your original cafd files, you can always revert back.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST